What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TEs suck (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Outside of a few, the position sucks. I’ve started Dawson Knox several times this year and now Foster freaking Moreau. Rough year for TEs. Makes you want to join a TE support group. ill be glad to kick him to the curb with Waller coming back next week. Probably would anyway. It’s not like he’s earned starts

I’ve tried Otten, Henry, Conklin, T Hill and someone else this year. I’ve had exactly 1 game over 10 pts. PPR too

I was looking for TE help last week and noticed that despite leaving the game in the first and then missing 2 or 3 games, Errz was still like TE3. Absolute wasteland this year.

2022 - 21, 14, 13, 12, 11, 11, 11, 11, 9, 9, 9, 9
2021 - 18, 17, 14, 14, 12, 12, 12, 11, 11, 11, 10, 10
2020 - 21, 18, 16, 12, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 10, 10
2019 - 16, 16, 15, 14, 14, 14, 14, 13, 12, 12, 11, 10
2018 - 19, 18, 16, 14, 12, 12, 11, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Fantasy PPG for TE's 1 thru 12 for the last 5 years. If just one TE could kinda keep pace with Kelce this year, the overall numbers would look similar to previous years.

Hockenson was great value this year for me in auction where I took him as the 11th TE off the board, last in the jumbled up tier of TE 6-12 this year.

ETA: basically, I guessed right :|

Just for context, in my non ppr MFL league here are the current rankings of the top 10 TEs when grouped with the WRs on a total points basis:

Kelce #3
Taysom Hill #11
Mark Andrews #24
T.J. Hock #32
Cole Kmet #44
Zach Ertz #46
Dallas Goedert #51
Juwan Johnson #52
George Kittle #53
Pat Freiermuth #61

kelce is a cheat code …. He’s like having an additional player in your lineup.

That’s the biggest change in my strategy that has helped the most…targeting top TEs and getting that stability at that position. I can find wr’s / rb’s….funny enough though my biggest miss this year was Pitts. I left every draft with either Kelce or Pitts…and Pitts was an anchor….but in a year like this though for TE he didn’t kill my team despite the miss…if he hits he’s a league winner.

Last edited:
TE1
35.6​
TE2
-27.8​
TE3
-15.3​
TE4
-20.5​
TE5
-25.8​
TE6
-16.1​
TE7
-10.1​
TE8
-7.4​
TE9
-5.9​
TE10
-10.2​
TE11
-9.2​
TE12
-9.9​

Delta of 2022 TE's thru week 13 vs avg of last 5 seasons

Making my Taysom Hill obsession look better by the year. Signed him for the longest contract I could back when Brees was still alive.

Picked up Taysom Hill and Dallas Goedert already this week, and probably Waller next week, just to have someone to plug in

I was looking for TE help last week and noticed that despite leaving the game in the first and then missing 2 or 3 games, Errz was still like TE3. Absolute wasteland this year.
It might not be for everyone, but consider getting rid of them and just group them with WRs/Flex.
Kickers is one thing, but I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t pass in most leagues..
I couldn’t even get the ban the kickers deal passed

Wondering if there might be value to Jeff Driscol - Houston. He's listed as QB,TE eligible. Had 33 snaps yesterday. No idea what his usage will be going forward, but could be a huge advantage at TE if he plays.

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Evan Engram somehow scored 39 fantasy points today and now sits
- get ready for this
- FOURTH in total fantasy points scored by a TE this season.
Had to check my FFPC TE premium leagues and he's also 4th in total points, 9th on average, just 3.238 PPG behind #2 Mark Andrews.

I started him in a playoff game in this format yesterday. He might save a teams season that had Huntley and Tee in the lineup.Though I did spend a portion of the day pretty sore in a FFPC ME he was my option if Barkley was out.

Own him in 3 FFPC dynasty leagues and in at least two of them had every intention of cutting him this off-season and other one was 50/50. Actaully cut him in one of those leagues during last off season cuts and drafted him back in the late third round of the rookie/FA draft. I feel like I got to start him next week now but if I'm being honest I can't say I'm through the roof confident as much as I feel like I got to.

Wondering if there might be value to Jeff Driscol - Houston. He's listed as QB,TE eligible. Had 33 snaps yesterday. No idea what his usage will be going forward, but could be a huge advantage at TE if he plays.

Wow - what a potential exploitative loophole. Both of my local leagues are on Yahoo. Hmmmm....that would probably piss off some people.

Driskel added to Texans 53-man roster. KPRC2's Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans are "expected" to keep using both Davis Mills and Jeff Driskel next week.

Driskel was on the field for 33 snaps and was primarily used as a rushing threat, recording seven carries for 36 yards while completing four of six pass attempts for 48 yards and a touchdown.
He took Red Zone snaps as well.

Could do worse than this shot at TE in yahoo leagues.

Week 15

GOOD MATCHUPS
  • Greg Dulcich
  • Dawson Knox
  • Gerald Everett
  • Tyler Conklin
  • Dalton Schultz
BAD MATCHUPS
  • Daniel Bellinger
  • Dallas Goedert
  • Evan Engram
  • Mark Andrews
  • Darren Waller

Week 15

GOOD MATCHUPS
  • Greg Dulcich
  • Dawson Knox
  • Gerald Everett
  • Tyler Conklin
  • Dalton Schultz
BAD MATCHUPS
  • Daniel Bellinger
  • Dallas Goedert
  • Evan Engram
  • Mark Andrews
  • Darren Waller
Wilson isn't playing and the Broncos offense is hard to trust anyway. Goedert usage may be limited coming off that injury, so I'm playing Engram instead. I currently have Waller over Dulcich, but Waller wasn't exactly setting the woods on fire when he went down.

Week 15

GOOD MATCHUPS
  • Greg Dulcich
  • Dawson Knox
  • Gerald Everett
  • Tyler Conklin
  • Dalton Schultz
BAD MATCHUPS
  • Daniel Bellinger
  • Dallas Goedert
  • Evan Engram
  • Mark Andrews
  • Darren Waller
Wilson isn't playing and the Broncos offense is hard to trust anyway. Goedert usage may be limited coming off that injury, so I'm playing Engram instead. I currently have Waller over Dulcich, but Waller wasn't exactly setting the woods on fire when he went down.

good luck this weekend

• in Rypien's other start this year (Jets), Dulcich saw a season high 9 targets (6-51)
  • Courtland Sutton is out
  • Dulcich ran 39 routes last week and has 249 RR on the season (31.1 /g); the other Top 4 in RR for TEs are Kelce averaging 32.5, Hockenson 31.0, Engram 30.6
  • Dallas is 31st in FF points allowed to TEs (full PPR) - 8.31. They've allowed one (1) double digit TE this season
  • Arizona allows the most FF points to TEs - 18.62. The next highest is SEA at 15.88. Hunter Henry was the 11th TE (in 13 G) to score double digit points against them

Last edited:
Week 15

GOOD MATCHUPS
  • Greg Dulcich
  • Dawson Knox
  • Gerald Everett
  • Tyler Conklin
  • Dalton Schultz
BAD MATCHUPS
  • Daniel Bellinger
  • Dallas Goedert
  • Evan Engram
  • Mark Andrews
  • Darren Waller

good luck this weekend

• in Rypien's other start this year (Jets), Dulcich saw high 9 targets (6-51)
  • Dulcich ran 39 routes last week and has 249 RR on the season (31.1 /g); the other Top 4 in RR are Kelce averages 32.5, Hockenson 31.0, Engram 30.6
  • Dallas is 31st in FF points allowed to TEs (full PPR) - 8.31. They've allowed one (1) double digit TE this season
  • Arizona allows the most FF points to TEs - 18.62. The next highest is SEA at 15.88. Hunter Henry was the 11th TE (in 13 G) to score double digit points against them
I put Dulcich back in over Waller. Like I said, Waller wasn that good before his injury. You’re argument about Dulcich and the Cardinals defense vs TEs was compelling. I’m going to stay with Engram over Goedert however. Maybe I’ll change that next week if I’m still in the playoffs and Goedert shows something this week. He’s a wait and see IMO.

Last edited:
Week 15

GOOD MATCHUPS
  • Greg Dulcich
  • Dawson Knox
  • Gerald Everett
  • Tyler Conklin
  • Dalton Schultz
BAD MATCHUPS
  • Daniel Bellinger
  • Dallas Goedert
  • Evan Engram
  • Mark Andrews
  • Darren Waller

good luck this weekend

• in Rypien's other start this year (Jets), Dulcich saw high 9 targets (6-51)
  • Dulcich ran 39 routes last week and has 249 RR on the season (31.1 /g); the other Top 4 in RR are Kelce averages 32.5, Hockenson 31.0, Engram 30.6
I put Dulcich back in over Waller. Like I said, Waller wasn that good before his injury. You’re argument about Dulcich and the Cardinals defense vs TEs was compelling. I’m going to stay with Engram over Goedert however. Maybe I’ll change that next week if I’m still in the playoffs.

I am starting Greg D over EE but….hard to feel super confident.

Most of the stuff I cited is peripherals. Long term I think he’s the real deal. But actual production, right now? He had that nice 3-game start and it’s been mostly duds since.

8 targets the last two. Finally had a good game v @bal (6-85) WK 13 but the average of WKs 10-12 + 14 is a paltry 4.85 PPG.

Hopefully it works out in the quarterfinals.

Juwan Johnson has a good matchup if his ankle is good to go. Troutman is also questionable.

Definitely a good one if he was healthy. Three limited practices this week.

We always say TDs are variable but he’s been pretty consistent in the RZ. 8 targets insane 50% conversion rate.

Users who are viewing this thread