What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 100 Greatest Songs of 1973 #1. Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 2 (1 Viewer)

So, nothing from two of my favorites from this year - The Captain and Me (Doobie Brothers) and Aladdin Sane (Bowie) - is making it. Damn those personal preferences. :lol:
I have to agree this was a shock to me.
No room for "Long Train Runnin" or "China Grove" or "Jean Genie" in the top 100???
gotta make room for The Joker.
Lol, this is true. And the excess presence of Elton John in the top 100.

Years I have left to do:

Any preference?
Should probably skip a few years as many of the 1974 songs won't seem as fresh since I crossed paths with many of them while looking to see if they were 1973 songs. Kind of makes it sound like this is all about me.

Thanks, Tim!
Your list just proves further to me that the peak for Rock'N'Roll was the late 60s through early 70s. Every year has it's exceptional songs but I don't think any period competes with that one.

I hope our complaints don't take too much fun out of the process.
And if we agreed with everything, it would be pretty dull. :)

Years I have left to do:

Any preference?
1977. Year I graduated HS
I agree with 1977. It wasn't the year I graduated HS, but a great year for music imo.
I think I’m already upset at some of the expected rankings of 1977.

j/k thanks as always, Tim
Oh noes! No Elton album from 1977 (only Greatest Hits), but Steve Miller had Book of Dreams and Billy Joel released The Stranger.
But, seriously lots of classic rock, punk, disco, etc. albums/songs in 1977!

Last edited:
Thanks, Tim!
Your list just proves further to me that the peak for Rock'N'Roll was the late 60s through early 70s. Every year has it's exceptional songs but I don't think any period competes with that one.

I hope our complaints don't take too much fun out of the process.
And if we agreed with everything, it would be pretty dull. :)
Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

Wow, thrilled that someone else, anyone else actually, would rate an ELP song as top of anything. Thank you, thank you.
And you made the right choice. For me, this is one of the great rock songs ever recorded.

Users who are viewing this thread