What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

I think teams trading draft picks or premiere players for cap savings are crazy.

Doubly so in the modern era with teams like the Rams demonstrating that the cap is basically irrelevant and creative accounting can get around basically anything.

What are the Cardinals and Packers doing?
Watching a lot of ho hum WRs come off the board. 

Is Watson and Skyy More still on the board? How about Dotson from PSU...all superior to several WRs taken already, they will not line up as they are coming off the board, I can almost assure you. 

Would Burks been better at that pick for Eagles on a rookie deal and still have your 3rd?  Lot of money spent. Comparisons will be interesting in a couple years between Burke and Brown.

Love to be a fly on the Packers draft room wall right now. 🤣
Watching people move up to take WRs many said weren’t really number 1s?

The brown stuff is interesting…50 something guaranteed right away?   Thats a luxury teams have who arent paying a qb big money (plus a left tackle and others)

So... actually good WR class, or product of a weak draft and the WR money firehose going around the league right now?

AFC South is going to be bruuuuutal this year. Tennessee doing weird things. Jags two years in a row at the top but maybe a few more wins. Houston is bad. Colts should take it just by having a pulse, right?

I think teams trading draft picks or premiere players for cap savings are crazy.

Doubly so in the modern era with teams like the Rams demonstrating that the cap is basically irrelevant and creative accounting can get around basically anything.

And a new TV contract on the horizon.

Would Burks been better at that pick for Eagles on a rookie deal and still have your 3rd?  Lot of money spent. Comparisons will be interesting in a couple years between Burke and Brown.
Right off the bat, availability is the best ability. AJB has a pretty lengthy history of getting banged up. 

2 and 12...Detroit Lions

Edge-Hutchinson...Home Run IMHO, think he will do great going from Univ of Michigan to the Detroit Lions, Dan Campbell is going to love this guy. 

And call me silly but I think Jameson Williams is far and away the best potential of any of the 4 WRs drafted around or with him, he should have gone 1st so i love what Detroit did but i also am not sure what they traded to get up to 12 but so far so good for them. 

"A/A+"

Not a lot to choose from this year, great job
With the 2nd and 12th you would hope right?

2 and 12...Detroit Lions

Edge-Hutchinson...Home Run IMHO, think he will do great going from Univ of Michigan to the Detroit Lions, Dan Campbell is going to love this guy. 

And call me silly but I think Jameson Williams is far and away the best potential of any of the 4 WRs drafted around or with him, he should have gone 1st so i love what Detroit did but i also am not sure what they traded to get up to 12 but so far so good for them. 

"A/A+"

Not a lot to choose from this year, great job
I agree but a little concerning Williams body language during that interview was absolutely horrible, he did not look happy at all. The Lions gave up very little to move up that far IMO.

So... actually good WR class, or product of a weak draft and the WR money firehose going around the league right now?
Its a noce deeo wr class with unsure who the #1s are (love Jameson Williams though once he is back from the ACL)…but think teams see what WRs are getting right now and prefer going young and cheap.

Exactly. They just got the same player for $20M less per year and got additional picks for their trouble. 

Same player?!  Just draft the 5th best player at his position in a weak draft class and he's automatically as good as the all-pro that he physically compares to?  It's that easy?

Why are the Ravens paying LJax?  Just trade him to the Steelers and draft Malik Willis here.  Same player and you get some draft picks to boot...

They obviously didn't want to pay him. 4 years $100, 57m guaranteed
What would they want to pay a premier WR?

We have to stop patting teams on the back like we ourselves are involved in any way with the cash flow or the $212M they have to spend...how do we know not paying a WR top dollar is the way to go? Does Tennessee have any hardware to back up why we should pat them on the back and assume they know more?

Or are we comparing the absurd money we resent that folks make in the NFL in comparison to the piddly checks we all make that barely cover a weeks salary by some of these guys?

Perspective is all I'm saying. I don't care what the players make any more, Tennessee got a lot worse getting rid of AJB, they didn't upgrade with Burks IMHO...AJB has looked very special at times in his first 3 seasons, also battled some injuries but he has the goods. 

Major downgrade for 2022...MAJOR

In fact now they should trade Tannehill because they are not sniffing another AFCC right now 

Great talent. Wait unbelievable talent, but can't stay healthy. Hope I am wrong, but my prediction is 2 years from now the Eagles hate this move. 

Yeah I guess we'll know in a couple years.  Eagles are banking on talent and him staying healthy.  If that happens, they made out like bandits.  

Users who are viewing this thread