What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

Not disagreeing with that, but Claypool has underwhelmed in a golden opportunity and now he’s got two more rookies with decent draft capital competing with him.  
I guess Austin's route tree is limited to the go-route right now.

If they disliked Claypool that much, they would have let him go and kept Ju-Ju.

I don't know the issue with Pickens but if its bipolar... AB had/has that and it did not end well.

------------------------------------------------

Steelers Depot @Steelersdepot

Calvin Austin's route tree needs broadening, but he runs the "go ####### fast" vertical route well. #Steelers

but Claypool has underwhelmed in a golden opportunity
The routes he was running combined with Ben's arm didn't allow for any success. That's on the QB. Now, Claypool may very well be a headcase, and I can't know the extent of that, but it seems like his performance falls squarely on Ben. 

The routes he was running combined with Ben's arm didn't allow for any success. That's on the QB. Now, Claypool may very well be a headcase, and I can't know the extent of that, but it seems like his performance falls squarely on Ben. 
Games like this one stick out. Claypool really cost his team there.

I guess we’ll soon find out if Claypool can step up and/or whether his struggles were attributable to Ben.  I was as high on him as anyone heading into last year and I’ve changed course in a pretty drastic way.  It wouldn’t at all shock me to see Pickens take his spot in 2WR sets.  

Diontae has had his issues as well.

He drops a lot of passes.

Stats That Matter: Diontae Johnson and the NFL’s dropped pass leaders

Diontae Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers: 16 dropped passes

If your memory of Diontae Johnson’s season involves lots of really short tosses on shallow drags bouncing off his hands or chest, you aren’t imagining things. Johnson dropped a whopping 14 passes within five yards of the line of scrimmage, per Sports Info Solutions. He dropped 16 overall to lead the league in this unofficial stat.

Diontae has had his issues as well.

He drops a lot of passes.

Stats That Matter: Diontae Johnson and the NFL’s dropped pass leaders

Diontae Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers: 16 dropped passes

If your memory of Diontae Johnson’s season involves lots of really short tosses on shallow drags bouncing off his hands or chest, you aren’t imagining things. Johnson dropped a whopping 14 passes within five yards of the line of scrimmage, per Sports Info Solutions. He dropped 16 overall to lead the league in this unofficial stat.
Yep. It is very expected that the Steelers want to upgrade their WR as they all seemed like better fantasy WRs than NFL WRs.

I hear you. I didn't even need to click the link to know what that was. That was when he signaled for a first down and celebrated with a point of his arm and dropped the ball with the clock running and under two or so minutes left to play against Minnesota. Just tremendously stupid. 

But that doesn't mean the majority of his problems weren't a product of Big Ben's subpar play because of a shot arm. 

But that doesn't mean the majority of his problems weren't a product of Big Ben's subpar play because of a shot arm. 
that and a porous OL that gave Roethlisburger no time to make his reads.

Seems like Roethlisburger made a career out of shaking off 1st contact to buy himself more time. 

To Pickett and Trubisky I say, good luck with that.

Dominque Robinson (Miami OH) was another favorite sleeper of mine. Really thrilled Chicago got him. Wouldn't be surprised if he was starting at some point this season. Outstanding athlete, who has only been a DE for 2 years after playing WR before. 6-5 255, still has WR quicks as he showed with his 4.19 shuttle. 

Top-3 value of the entire draft in my opinion, falling to 174. 

Really surprised both the Arizona St OL prospects (Kellen Diesch and Dohnovan West) are still available. Kinda odd to me that Rachaad White went ahead of both of them. Every rushing highlight he had, involved them opening huge holes. 

With how many teams just have garbage backup QB's, I'm really surprised Carson Strong is still out there. I get why he wasn't picked as a potential franchise guy, but there aren't 50+ QB's better than him, even with the knee concerns. 

With how many teams just have garbage backup QB's, I'm really surprised Carson Strong is still out there. I get why he wasn't picked as a potential franchise guy, but there aren't 50+ QB's better than him, even with the knee concerns. 
Seems like a perfect backup, better than a lot of current ones.

Good lord, this Patriots backfield looks a complete mess

Damien Harris

Rhamondre Stevenson

James White

J.J. Taylor

Devine Ozigbo

Ty Montgomery

Pierre Strong

Kevin Harris

Good lord, this Patriots backfield looks a complete mess

Damien Harris

Rhamondre Stevenson

James White

J.J. Taylor

Devine Ozigbo

Ty Montgomery

Pierre Strong

Kevin Harris
Not really.  Stevenson will always be a 100 carry back. What happens in 2 years? If they didn't extend Sony Michel, they aren't going to extend Damien. You can cut JJ Taylor. He isn't on the roster this upcoming season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really.  Stevenson will always be a 100 carry back. What happens in 2 years? If they didn't extend Sony Michel, they aren't going to extend Damien. You can cut JJ Taylor. He isn't on the roster this upcoming season. 
I don’t disagree. I was saying it is a mess cause they added two more guys to a room that is already full of mediocre backs. I don’t see anyone to get excited about. 

Well aren’t you just a little drop of sunshine.  :rant:
Day Three draft capital guys rarely work out. 7th rounders less so than UDFAs, even, I think. That said, this guy has overcome a ton of personal adversity, including having two family members murdered. There are articles about him at Rutgers. Tough kid, winning personality. 

Users who are viewing this thread