What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (1 Viewer)

Got the 11 Pro Max. Awesome phone. Super quick. Battery for days. The camera is fantastic. Gorgeous screen. 

No complaints. 

Got the 11 Pro Max. Awesome phone. Super quick. Battery for days. The camera is fantastic. Gorgeous screen. 

No complaints.
For $1,300+ I would certainly hope that's the case (though one could argue that there's really no excuse not to have upgraded to USB-C at this point).

Battery is starting to only last the day on my 8 XL or whatever they call it. Perfect time to upgrade it sounds like. Used to upgrade all the time but this phone has been so good I didn’t need to. 

I don’t need the fancy camera as much but like the larger size phone for work and watching media.

The 11’s only have the large sized one with the fancy camera stuff,  that right?

Apple has Move to IOS app in the Play Store that should make it easy. Never used it so I don’t have firsthand knowledge.
Cool, I'll have to look into this.

I use Google for all my contacts on iPhone to avoid situations like this.  
I could theoretically do this as well I guess, but one reason I'd like to make the move to Apple is I'm becoming more and more wary of just how much info Google collects. So it would probably be kinda self-defeating to keep using all of their apps/services.

Battery is starting to only last the day on my 8 XL or whatever they call it. Perfect time to upgrade it sounds like. Used to upgrade all the time but this phone has been so good I didn’t need to. 

I don’t need the fancy camera as much but like the larger size phone for work and watching media.

The 11’s only have the large sized one with the fancy camera stuff,  that right?
Look at the normal 11... it might be more up your alley than the 11 Max.

Look at the normal 11... it might be more up your alley than the 11 Max.
Thanks. Have always gone for their bigger screen version, also figured the battery is better which is the biggest priority. Will check out the specs and stuff.

Need to get out of my ####ty ATT deal - have the original unlimited data plan but it’s awful for international travel and is up to about 90 a month now. Have dreaded looking into the different plans.

Someone upthread mentioned migrating everything over to new phone may be an issue with different carrier which I didn’t think about. 

Thanks. Have always gone for their bigger screen version, also figured the battery is better which is the biggest priority. Will check out the specs and stuff.

Need to get out of my ####ty ATT deal - have the original unlimited data plan but it’s awful for international travel and is up to about 90 a month now. Have dreaded looking into the different plans.

Someone upthread mentioned migrating everything over to new phone may be an issue with different carrier which I didn’t think about.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 11 have a similar screen = price lower (compared to the other two models)

I've been on Mint Mobile for a year. I don't always get the fastest internet but I'm in a city so I can make due. It works for me.

I have the 6s+. I just can’t think of any real reason to upgrade. I know I sound like an old man but is there any real reason to?
I used to upgrade every other year, but have held onto the 6S+ waiting for something that made me upgrade. It’s definitely not this year. Next year could be it. 

What sites are the best to see deals out there?  I’ve got a 6 (as does my wife), and we are both ready for an upgrade. Currently with Sprint, but I’d consider myself a free agent on carrier.

No complaints. 
Otis - you have always been appleguy right?

Anyone here go from androidguy to appleguy?

Apple seems so far behind on innovation now, like years behind...but the whole group text thing has me about ready to go apple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use pencil with iphone?

Debating Note10+ vs Iphone 11 pro.

eta - appears no.

Great battery life compared to my 7+ and love the new camera. 
Thanks that is what i was looking for.

For a long time I had andriod and iphone side by side - through iphone8.

Android was always hands down my preference.. but I now find myself surrounded by iphone users and the group text thing is pissing me off.   Considering again reverting to apple.

I have an issue that is driving me crazy.  I have an iPhone XS Plus, since the most recent software updates I can no longer click on a phone number in meeting invites in Outlook.  It is a real PITA as I have a ton of conference calls during the day.  Instead of dialing the number it brings up the copy/paste menu.  I've tried looking online for some solution but I can't see where anyone else is having this issue.  Anyone having this issue or have any suggestions?

So many bugs in the new IOS. Mail is driving me bananas. You have to delete every email twice to actually delete it. And worse yet when I try to forward things, it is cutting off the content from the email I want to forward. Others are forwarding me stuff and it’s just a header with a blank email below it. What a cluster. Apple had better fix this. 

Have some weird notification issues in iOS 13 and in macOS Catalina. The thing that is driving me crazy is with Mojave and iOS12 I've never had a problem. The two big things in macOS are not getting the red notification on all apps consistently and when I get a new iMessage is just shows a message banner. It used to show me who it was from. In iOS it's related to not getting them for iMessages intermittently and using the default notification sound instead of the app specific one.

So many bugs in the new IOS. Mail is driving me bananas. You have to delete every email twice to actually delete it. And worse yet when I try to forward things, it is cutting off the content from the email I want to forward. Others are forwarding me stuff and it’s just a header with a blank email below it. What a cluster. Apple had better fix this. 
I'm having the same issues.  I forward emails and then people respond that they're blank or the attachment is missing.  This is creating huge business-related inconveniences.

I'm having the same issues.  I forward emails and then people respond that they're blank or the attachment is missing.  This is creating huge business-related inconveniences.
Yup.  I don't know how a company like Apple, that sells a bajillion iPhones to enterprise users across major corporations, botches the one application that is most critical to business.  Jimminy crickets, guys, get the freaking e-mail work TIA

:lmao:

Just as I had decided to go buy one this weekend after debating for weeks between Note 10+.... think I will wait.

So they will let you trade in virtually any working phone and get the min-spec Iphone 8 for $329 no-contract unlocked.  This seems like a crazy good deal, not sure how they make money on a phone that used to cost you what? A grand? 

Airpods Pro are pretty awesome.  I never have been able to use airbuds as they always just fell out. These stay in during my train commute and walking a few blocks. Sometimes they feel like they are getting loose, but they are actually secure and it is just me getting used to them. 

if someone invents an hphone it is going to be in the phonebook first and it will crush apples sales so do not say you havent been warned apple investors take that to the bank brohans 

Any recommendations on a generic pencil/stylus for ipad?  7th gen regular, not pro if that makes a difference

Getting my daughter one for Christmas, really prefer not to drop $80-100 on the official Apple pencil

I’m a few weeks into having an iPhone after being all Android since the BlackBerry days. 

Really happy but I find things with the keyboard annoying. You can’t download others without rooting right?

Here’s a really simple example that I’m only dealing with on this very board. When I hit return to start a new paragraph, it keeps starting me one space in. You can see it in this one. There’s a random space before my “Here’s”. Not a huge deal obviously but it’s strange. Anyone else deal with this?

Anyone know of any deals out there on the 11 Pro? We missed out on the Walmart Cyber Monday deal. Looking to upgrade a couple iPhone 7s
I just now saw that Sam's Club is offering a $300 gift card with purchase and activation of XR, XS, 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.   The X's aren't available for Verizon, but they are for Sprint and ATT...odd.  And now I am trying to decide if I am heading to Sam's Club...about a 20 minute drive.  They close at 8:30 EST today.

I just now saw that Sam's Club is offering a $300 gift card with purchase and activation of XR, XS, 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.   The X's aren't available for Verizon, but they are for Sprint and ATT...odd.  And now I am trying to decide if I am heading to Sam's Club...about a 20 minute drive.  They close at 8:30 EST today.
:hot:  Just got back from Sam's Club.   I waited 45 minutes while one customer was getting waited on...ONE!... only to find out you need to make an appointment.   Couldn't someone tell me this?  Maybe post a sign or something.   I only found out about the appointment requirement after talking to a guy who had been waiting there longer than me...and he had an appointment!  There were actually two other people waiting who apparently had appointments (smarter than me, I guess), but there was no way they were getting through those 2 tonight unless they stayed long after closing time to take care of them.  Now, I got to go back during Sunday football for my 2 PM appointment.   :censored:   I guess I could blow it off, but I planned to upgrade 2 phones (iPhone 6's) so it is basically $600 off.  

Hmmmmmmm......

Looks like Verizon has some sort of BOGO deal, but it looks like you need to add a line to make it happen.  I don't want/need another line, but what if I add a line and then cancel one of our currently existing lines right after?

I'm finally upgrading from my iPhone 6 (I know, I know), switching to Verizon with a BOGO offer.  It does not look like it has any trade-in value.  Any place to sell this thing, or just look into recycling? I suppose I could just hold onto it and give it as a toy for my toddler to play with on airplanes or whatever.

I'm finally upgrading from my iPhone 6 (I know, I know), switching to Verizon with a BOGO offer.  It does not look like it has any trade-in value.  Any place to sell this thing, or just look into recycling? I suppose I could just hold onto it and give it as a toy for my toddler to play with on airplanes or whatever.
6 makes a great device for kids to play games / watch videos on, IMO. There are myriad of sites online who will buy older devices but honestly at that point I'd keep as a "offline" media device. 

Still very happy with my X. Will consider an upgrade to the iPhone 12 once 5G is live and Verizon offers it in my area. 

Absent that I've not seen any must-have features added over what the X has. 

Not much.  Only if you are into taking photos would I go w/ an 11.  
+1.  

I turned in the X to my employer for an upgrade to 11 Pro.  The X is great,  actually smaller and lighter.  I see a light improvement in screen and pics with the 11Pro, but not enough that I would pay for an upgrade. 

September 15th is the next event. 

Rumors of it just being iPad and Watch centric with iPhone 12 being announced in October. 

Reportedly 4 models coming: 

5.4-inch iPhone 12
6.1-inch iPhone 12 Max
6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro
6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max

Reports saying the big benefits of the Pro lineup is Camera tech and now rumors the 5G radios will be slower in the non-pro models. 

5G is a major reason I'm looking to upgrade from my X, and Camera is a big feature for me, so leaning toward the 12 Pro currently. Thinking the 12 Pro Max May be too large. 

Thoughts?

:popcorn:  

September 15th is the next event. 

Rumors of it just being iPad and Watch centric with iPhone 12 being announced in October. 

Reportedly 4 models coming: 

5.4-inch iPhone 12
6.1-inch iPhone 12 Max
6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro
6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max

Reports saying the big benefits of the Pro lineup is Camera tech and now rumors the 5G radios will be slower in the non-pro models. 

5G is a major reason I'm looking to upgrade from my X, and Camera is a big feature for me, so leaning toward the 12 Pro currently. Thinking the 12 Pro Max May be too large. 

Thoughts?

:popcorn:  
Once you go big you won't go back.  I tried going from a Max back to a regular and it felt tiny in comparison.

Once you go big you won't go back.  I tried going from a Max back to a regular and it felt tiny in comparison.
Maybe? But my X is 5.8" and is near a perfect size for me. Can still use 1 handed when needed. With the 12 Pro being 1/3" bigger I think I'll be good with that step up.

I initially wasn't a big fan of the 8 plus Which was probably ~6.3" so I'm hesitant to go to 6.7".

6.1" is right in the middle of my X and that 8 plus... I think it'll be about as big as I want to tote around. 

Maybe? But my X is 5.8" and is near a perfect size for me. Can still use 1 handed when needed. With the 12 Pro being 1/3" bigger I think I'll be good with that step up.

I initially wasn't a big fan of the 8 plus Which was probably ~6.3" so I'm hesitant to go to 6.7".

6.1" is right in the middle of my X and that 8 plus... I think it'll be about as big as I want to tote around. 
I have an XS Max and you get used to it really quickly.  It fits easily in my front jeans pocket so I never get the feeling it's too big.

I'm irritated by this.

My 6.3 X plus is perfect.

I don't really want to go bigger to 6.7" but I also don't want to lose size (duh, what guy does?)

My question is, will the 6.3 and 6.1 be effectively the same size? Does the new 6.1 have less of a bezel so it is technically the same screen size?

mmWave 5G only on the iPhone 12 Pro Max

A new report from Fast Company, citing “a wireless industry source,” says that only the largest and most expensive iPhone 12 model—the 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max—will support millimeter-wave 5G. All the iPhone 12 models will support 5G in the sub-6GHz spectrum. The source says only the largest phone has the size necessary for the antenna array used in mmWave and the larger battery necessary to offset the increased power draw it requires.

Users who are viewing this thread