What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (3 Viewers)

I'm thinking of converting to the iPhone 13 Pro Max. Lifelong android user. Talk me into / out of it. Current phone is S10+.
Pre-ordered the iPhone 13 Pro Max and after a couple days I noticed Verizon was also offering the same $800 trade in for my S10+ so I cancellled and ordered the S21 Ultra. Pretty sure the notch and a few other things would have annoyed me. Sounds like the iPhone 14 is going to have some big changes for the better.

For a good laugh, go find Steve Ballmer talking about the iPhone (while he was with MSFT).  Pretty embarrassing stuff for him to have opined, especially in his position.

There are a lot of nice things about the 13 versus my old 7.  But they are all negatively overshadowed by the switch from the fingerprint sensor to Face ID.  I've used my passcode to unlock my phone more in the last 24 hours than I have in the last 4 years with my old 7.  It's awful.

There are a lot of nice things about the 13 versus my old 7.  But they are all negatively overshadowed by the switch from the fingerprint sensor to Face ID.  I've used my passcode to unlock my phone more in the last 24 hours than I have in the last 4 years with my old 7.  It's awful.
I was hesitant at first but it works pretty well imo but takes getting used to.  Paired with the Apple Watch and mask makes it really helpful to unlock it as well.  It’s nice when I’m driving if it’s locked i can just look at it and it unlocks.  

I was hesitant at first but it works pretty well imo but takes getting used to.  Paired with the Apple Watch and mask makes it really helpful to unlock it as well.  It’s nice when I’m driving if it’s locked i can just look at it and it unlocks.  
Mine won’t recognize me with a mask or sunglasses on, so it’s basically worthless in the car or in a store or anything like that. 

Mine won’t recognize me with a mask or sunglasses on, so it’s basically worthless in the car or in a store or anything like that. 
Yea without the watch it won’t work with a mask but mine does recognize me with sunglassses. I believe you can have it re-calibrate if that’s not working well.  

I was going to sit tight with my 11 Pro Max, but I get a pretty good discount through work, and it’ll only end up costing me a couple hundred bucks to upgrade after selling my current phone. 

Only reason seems to be to get 5G. No idea what the coverage is like around here, but looking forward to that. But if not for 5G and the discount, I’d wait until the 14. 

I was going to sit tight with my 11 Pro Max, but I get a pretty good discount through work, and it’ll only end up costing me a couple hundred bucks to upgrade after selling my current phone. 

Only reason seems to be to get 5G. No idea what the coverage is like around here, but looking forward to that. But if not for 5G and the discount, I’d wait until the 14. 
Go to carrier's websites and check out maps of their current 5G coverage.  Punch in zip codes you frequent.  I actually ended up with another carrier.  My coverage thus far is noticeably better.

Got the 13 Pro Max. Helluva phone. 

Where’s the best place to sell my iPhone 11 Pro Max?  Gazelle?  Other?

Anyone found a strong wireless charger that goes through thick wallet cases? I have a case that also holds 2 cards, my DL and a $20 bill and the wireless charging pad in my SUV charges it fine, but every wireless charger or stand I try to put on my nightstand just never works. 

Got the 13 Pro Max. Helluva phone. 

Where’s the best place to sell my iPhone 11 Pro Max?  Gazelle?  Other?
Well done.

Keep the old one around for a bit, in case your new one ends up in the toilet or has any kind of loss of some other kind of info or whatever.  It happens.  Then sell it.  What's the depreciation on that, like 20 bucks???

I lost a bunch of texts for some reason, like a 3 week timeline or so...weird.  I can get those back now if I want to.

Anyone found a strong wireless charger that goes through thick wallet cases? I have a case that also holds 2 cards, my DL and a $20 bill and the wireless charging pad in my SUV charges it fine, but every wireless charger or stand I try to put on my nightstand just never works. 
None that I've found, doubtful it'll ever work for me as the cards I use regularly are metal so I just gave up trying.

I saw the new Apple Watch available for pre-order tomorrow. I don't have any Apple Watch (or any watch, period), but I'm going to dive in. My wife told me that she will buy me the new Apple Watch for my birthday; but joint banking account, so still some cost analysis.

Should I just pre-order tomorrow? Any price shopping that I can expect in the short term?

I saw the new Apple Watch available for pre-order tomorrow. I don't have any Apple Watch (or any watch, period), but I'm going to dive in. My wife told me that she will buy me the new Apple Watch for my birthday; but joint banking account, so still some cost analysis.

Should I just pre-order tomorrow? Any price shopping that I can expect in the short term?
Same boat - I’m looking at the 7 series vs the SE. looks like $400 vs $280. Probably wishful thinking to hope for an SE price drop this month. 

Same boat - I’m looking at the 7 series vs the SE. looks like $400 vs $280. Probably wishful thinking to hope for an SE price drop this month. 

I was hoping for an SE drop on both and watch as mine are both about to die(Series 2 watch/iphone 8 plus), but no such luck.

Top 10 Things to Hate about the Apple IPhones

http://apcstart.com/4965/top_10_things_to_...bout_the_iphone

1. Slow mobile data: EDGE is 2.5G, so the top speed you can get from it is about 100Kbit/s.

2. Battery life sucks: Five hours of talk/browsing/email or 16 hours of audio playback?

3. Built-in battery: It must be the only mobile phone on the market that doesn't have an easily user-replaceable battery.

(When battery fails then you better live near an apple store or you will have to mail it in)

4. Touch screen: Have you ever stood at a touch-screen terminal in a shop punching away at the screen, trying to get it to register your touch?

5. Heavy data usage: the iPhone uses old-world ‘polling' email methods - POP3 or IMAP, where the phone will check every X minutes for new email and download full emails. The phone might have enough CPU power to rescale that 7MB JPEG, but it still has to download a 7MB JPEG. Either the service fees that go with the phone are going to be huge, or carriers are going to take a bath on data pricing and risk network congestion.

6. Only a two megapixel camera

7. Proprietary tie-ins:

8. No video iChat:

9. Apple chooses your mobile network

10. Only 8GB storage

Honestly, a lot of these issues are still not solved.  

So we're upgrading all the family iPhones so the kids can get new ones for Christmas.  I'm using a Xs and took a look at the new options in the Apple store yesterday.  I don't want something as big as the max and was interested in checking out the mini.  I would like to get the pro option though and that's not available on the mini.  So looks like a 13 Pro for me. 

I never really hit the 64 GB limit on my Xs, any reason to go bigger than 128 GB on the 13?  Not sure how much space 4K video will take up if I take longer videos and/or don't offload often enough.  Will probably just go dark graphite color again but I guess it doesn't matter since I always use a case anyway?  Any reason to pick a different color?  TIA!

iPhone 14s most likely heading to pre-order this week after announcement (tomorrow?)

Think I’ll upgrade my 11 Pro to a 14 Pro. It’s about time.

Same boat - I’m looking at the 7 series vs the SE. looks like $400 vs $280. Probably wishful thinking to hope for an SE price drop this month.

I was hoping for an SE drop on both and watch as mine are both about to die(Series 2 watch/iphone 8 plus), but no such luck.

I traded out my watch for the 7 a few months back, but somehow have stuck with the 8 plus dying a year ago. After the announcement, hoping the price on the 13 Mini goes down and go that way.

Preordered 14 Pro (256 GB). Picking up in store next Friday instead of having it delivered since I’m heading out of town shortly after. In person time slots filled up pretty much immediately and the Apple Store was slammed initially at 8 when preorders kicked in. For just an upgraded 13, there sure seems like a lot of demand.

Pre-ordered 14 Pro Max, 512GB.

Do you guys have the magnetic wireless chargers for your phone, watch, and/or airpods? I am debating getting one.

I have an Apple Watch Series 6. I think the Ultra looks awesome, but is pricey and I probably don't care about most of the stuff it can do over the 8. Not sure I will get that or not.

Thinking Airpods Pro 2 for sure though with all of the plane and train travel I do.

Do you guys have the magnetic wireless chargers for your phone, watch, and/or airpods? I am debating getting one.

I have an Apple Watch Series 6. I think the Ultra looks awesome, but is pricey and I probably don't care about most of the stuff it can do over the 8. Not sure I will get that or not.

Thinking Airpods Pro 2 for sure though with all of the plane and train travel I do.
Never had any desire for mag charging tbh.

I didn't either, but throwing 3 devices on it at once is appealing.

Makes sense

Picking mine up at an Apple Store around 11:15 tomorrow morning. Went with Pro 256 GB (black). Normally I’d just have it shipped, but I’m leaving town next Wednesday so didn’t want to risk it sitting at my front door for a week.

The wife and I both have the 3 in 1 from Belkin for nightly charging and we both have the 3 in 1 travel charger from Zagg. Makes it so much nicer to have one cable and one charger for everything.

Picking mine up at an Apple Store around 11:15 tomorrow morning. Went with Pro 256 GB (black). Normally I’d just have it shipped, but I’m leaving town next Wednesday so didn’t want to risk it sitting at my front door for a week.
How much? I’ll be in the market on Black Friday most likely.

How much? I’ll be in the market on Black Friday most likely.
They’re pricey, but I’m trading in my 13 Pro ($300 trade in value) so like $799. I’m on AT&T and not sure if other carriers have better deals (they probably do)

I have the magsafe for my phone and think it's great. The accuracy of the magnet makes it nice to just blindly throw the phone on it and not have to worry about the phone not charging because you don't have it centered just right.

Picked mine up around 11:15. Lines weren’t crazy and have to say the 14 Pro is a big upgrade from an 11 Pro. Did the auto-transfer thing from old phone to new phone and it worked great. :thumbup:

Ordered the 14 Pro Max yesterday at 3pm... showed up at my doorstep at 10am this morning. Basically free with a 12 Pro Max trade in. Setting up now

So as a non apple person. Last apple product was ipod touch.

Is this a good value?

2021 Apple 10.2-inch iPad (Wi-Fi, 64GB) - Space Gray https://a.co/d/5L5olUT
As an owner of a slightly different 11" ipadAir it falls into "no man's land" for me most of the time.

I have the latest iMini/256gb/cell for outside the house and traveling and it's perfect for that because of the size/weight.

Relaxing on the sofa I use 12+" Samsung for consuming media and surfing which is way better than a 10"-11" tablet imo if you are just sitting with it indoors.

In my house the only place a 11" tablet really makes sense is the kitchen or on a nightstand and if you are just using it for that why not just use a Fire tablet at that point?

I guess if someone was big into mobile gaming it might make more sense than it does for me. My advice for most people is get a Fire for inside the house and just save up for the iMini for when you need something more portable. At least until Lenovo or Xiaomi start making cheap folding tablets..... which will likely be soon.

Users who are viewing this thread