What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! - 12/20/2012 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

Evening gentleman,

Thanks for the great show as always and for all of your help this season.

Let's say it's the last week you can add players off the waiver wire.

I know you guys went over some rb's and wr's to possibly add in deeper leagues 2 or 3 weeks ago, but is there anyone else (qb/rb/wr/te) that you are trying to stash in leagues of 35-45 players with idp that has caught your eye in the past few weeks?

Thanks again for all of your help and for the great season.

GrantSA4

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

Need to start one of these players as a WR 3 PPR league in this weeks Championship Game. Torry Smith vs the Giants and he is practicing, Josh Gordon at Denver - possibly up against Champ Bailey, and T Y Hilton @ KC. Thanks for all your great advice this year and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Tampa Buc

If they had a TE hoarding show on TV I'd be on it.. Which of these guys would you roll with in the championship game?

Greg Olsen vs. Oakland

Dennis Pitta vs. NY Giants

Martellus Bennett vs. Baltimore

Jermichael Finley vs. Tennessee

Thanks for all of your help all season fellas.. best wishes to you and your families!

hey guys. love the show and thanks for helping me get to the championship in my deep starting lineup ppr dynasty league. I'm set at TE with graham and hernandez but need some help at QB, RB, and WR. I need 2 of ryan, romo, stafford, and kaepernick. 2 of bryce brown, leshoure, or wilson (bradshaw playing?). and 1 of alexander, mike williams, denarius moore, or antonio brown. though nothing to count on, I am projected to score 30 more points than my opponent. so what mix of safe and boom/bust do I go. thanks guys.

Good Evening Gentlemen.

PPR for all the marbles (need two):

Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, David Wilson, Golden Tate, Kyle Rudolph

Our championship is NOT head-to-head: we do a total points race between four teams over the final two weeks. As of now we're all within 8 points of each other (how's that for tight?)

1st a little venting; went 12-1 in the regular season and got bounced by the 6th seed in the semi's b/c his team went off and Ray Rice/Martin/ VJax decided to stay home last week... :wall:

Anyway, I'm in the 3rd place game in this league and in the championship in a few others. Looking for some DST help. All of the following are readily available and have some good matchups:

[*]Indy @ KC - it's KC... need we say more?

[*]WAS @ Phi - Phi is a turnover machine

[*]MIA vs. BUF - MIA = been decent vs. weaker offenses, but CJ could rip right through them

[*]NYJ vs. SD - SD = prone to t/o's, but the Jets...well...are awful

[*]Cincy @ Pit - Had Cincy last week, but think the above might be better this week

how would you rank the above & why?

Also, how would you rank these 3 QB's this week:

Stafford vs ATL

Kapernick @ SEA

Palmer @ CAR

good luck to you guys & everyone else in the finals

Hey guys. Happy holidays and a big thanks for all the help you provide.

Question: Looking at 2013 fantasy drafts, who are some players you think will have their breakout season next year and be good value, and who will you be avoiding that is commonly drafted in early-mid rounds?

What up fellas...thanks for another awesome year of FF advice!

I'm looking to get into a start up dynasty league. I would love to hear how you'd rank players for each position and some hidden gems that the less informed might not be aware of. Also, what are some of the major rules that should definately be in a league constitution.

Wayne or nicks. Pick one: Trent Richardson, deangelo Williams, or David Wilson if Bradshaw is out. No ppr.

Thank you and appreciate all your help and time over the years! This is my 6th straight championship game thanks in large part to you guys!

Hoping I can get my 4th title!

Thanks again!

Don

Bahama llama

Thanks for your help and happy holidays!!

So I made it to the big dance and don't feel great about my chances. (16 team ppr)

First and foremost are we trusting Danario Alexander this week? (I've been decimated by injury would have to resort to hixon or little on the waiver wire).

Out of my rb core I need two rb's and a flex: Do I have the right order?

1. M. Lynch

2. Sproles

3. Dwyer

---------

J.Bell

M. Goodson

B. Tate

Lastly does it make any difference whether I play one of the following defenses: ARZ, NO, BUFF, OAK?

Fantasy Wizards!

Big game this week that I must win for a chance to hold on to our trophy (the league name is Rehabbing with Ricky, and the trophy is a Ricky Williams bobble-head atop a base containing past champions names). Numerous picture tweets of the trophy to Ricky Williams have gone unanswered...

I have 2 questions and need your help:

Whats the deal with Gronk? Would you start Gronk if he is active? The alternative options to play over him or in place of if he is ruled out would be one of these: Dustin Keller, Merecedes Lewis, Brent Celek, or Benjamin Watson. If he is ruled out, which of those is the best option?

I need 3 WR: DaMaryius Thomas, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Justin Blackmon and Sidney Rice (start 3 in .5 ppr league)

Thanks for all your help!

How would you go about breaking up a horrible dynasty team? What investment expectations would you have short and long-term?

Hey guys love the show! Keep up the solid work! Been following fbg since 2004 and have had 4 Super Bowl appearances since then going for my 3rd title in 6 years. I'm a small favorite going into this week. Have some difficult lineup decisions that ive never had to make before. 12 team league full pt ppr, 4pt pass td and 6pt rush/rec td. Standard yardage pts.

Qb stafford or Wilson?

Rb1 spiller

Rb2 Martin

Wr1 don mega

Wr2 ??

Wr3/te1 ??

My league has exotic rules, since I have a rookie rb don't have to start a te, but I can start one with 2 wr's. basically need to choose 2 out of the following players:

Cobb

D Thomas

A Hernandez

All so close. Any insight much appreciated. Thank u my kind friends! Sig -ill be msg phish next Friday and sat if ur attending!

Turbo

Guys, thanks for hosting "One Last Show." Heck, if the Mayans are right, you're just good sports for hosting tonight!

OK, so made it here. 12 team standard keep 3 league. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1K. Starters are in bold. If not an absolute given, I give my reason as to why I'm planning on starting said player.

To add perspective, I'm going up against a team that sold for high draft picks this year, and sold future picks for current players, and has a top 10 option at each slot. I'm facing Brady, Martin, Murray, Alf, Megatron, Andre, Gonzo, 49ers D, Gostkowski.

So, I'm swinging for the fences, but I don't completely count my squad out. I have faith, and crazier things have happened in fantasy football.

QB1: Ryan, Kaepernick - It's not that I don't believe in Kaep. I can keep him as a 14th rounder next year, and possibly might, releasing Matty Ice. But for Week 16Matty Ice got me here, and I think he will get it done for me against a beatable Lions D for 1st overall seed and home field. Kaep proved he's got the guts and the talent in Foxboro last week, but he has a tough matchup and I just gut feeling believe in Ryan.

RB1: ADP

RB2: DMC, Leshoure, Bilal Powell, Mendenhall - None of these options I view greater than DMC. He's healthy, and I think he has a good opportunity to put up points vs. the Panthers. They're progressing as a defense, and the Raiders could abandon the run in Cam runs all over them. But, I think we need to swing for the fences, and I'm not benching my guy here. I want to believe.

RB/WR: Shorts - I think this is a great opportunity for Shorts to shine. If all happens as it should, Henne will be throwing all day long down vs. the Pats. Tons of opportunity for Shorts to shine vs. a beatable Pats secondary. I considered Leshoure here, but I really need upside, and I think Shorts provides me that moreso than Leshoure does, who mostly plods and gets a TD. I'm done if he doesn't, so thinking Shorts.

WR1: VJax

WR2: Cobb, Jennings - I believe in my guy here, he's earned my trust and Rodgers seems to love giving him chances. I think Rodgers should have his way with this Titans D at home, and I think Cobbb will be more of a benefactor than Jennings.

TE: Graham - The man is DUE. I know he's playing hurt, and he's still netting startable yardage totals. Swinging for the fences, and hoping for a TD here after a drought vs. the Boys. He's my best option, hurt or not, and it's Week 16.

D/ST: Colts - Stanzi or Quinn, I love this D this week. against subpar opponents over the past 4 or 5 weeks, they are getting the INT's/TD's. I'd classify KC as that, even at home. The WW is sparse, and this I feel is my best option streaming defenses.

K: Forbath - The Skins should get him plenty of opportunities vs. an out of it Birds defense, and he's been consistent if not better.

Thanks as always gents for doing this and putting the TLC into your service that you do. Can't wait to re-up for a few years in 2013!

Hey guys,

I need to start 3 in my PPR championship match.

Ridley

Charles

Moreno

Cobb

Steve Smith

Thanks as always guys. Keep up the outstanding work.

Good evening Gentlemen,

I never have the opportunity to listen live, but always catch the podcasts, your tweets and so much thanks for your guidance and wisdom this season. Its championship week and I want to make sure that I don't overthink things. I've got a solid team for week 16, but a question surrounding my WR3 position and defense.

I have Matt Ryan and Roddy White, my opponent has Julio Jones. I typically start Don Mega, Jimmy Graham (TE's are awarded .5 PPR) and White (though I did sit him last week for Wallace because of the knee.)

My WR3 options this week are White, Wallace and Brandon Lloyd.

Who do you plug in at WR3 in this situation ? White is rated highest, but does Julio impact that decision???

FULL MATCHUP

-------------

Snakes (me): Matt Ryan, Demarco Murray, Moreno, Don Mega, Graham, {plug in We3 here), Skins, Panthers or Indy D, Matt Bryant K

vs.

Doctors: Palmer or Wilson (not sure who they will start), Foster, Spiller, Julio, AJ Green, Garcon, Pats D, Hansen

close matchup....my 3rd go round in the final in past 6 years....still looking for that elusive championship

Super big thanks...and keep up the GREAT WORK !!!!

Hey guys...Tree Rollins says hello.

Every great player loses the battle to father time. Since returning from his busted knee years ago, Tom Brady has been a point producing machine. How many more seasons do you guys see that continuing for? Anything lead you to believe it will happen next season? Does Wes Welker's UFA status play a huge role?

Thank you, I'll hang up and listen to Tree swatting your shots.

Hey guys love the show! Keep up the solid work! Been following fbg since 2004 and have had 4 Super Bowl appearances since then going for my 3rd title in 6 years. I'm a small favorite going into this week. Have some difficult lineup decisions that ive never had to make before. 12 team league full pt ppr, 4pt pass td and 6pt rush/rec td. Standard yardage pts. Qb stafford or Wilson? Rb1 spillerRb2 MartinWr1 don megaWr2 ??Wr3/te1 ??My league has exotic rules, since I have a rookie rb don't have to start a te, but I can start one with 2 wr's. basically need to choose 2 out of the following players:CobbD ThomasA HernandezAll so close. Any insight much appreciated. Thank u my kind friends! Sig -ill be msg phish next Friday and sat if ur attending! Turbo
i would sit thomas

Users who are viewing this thread