What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible LIVE! 8/26/10 - new format (1 Viewer)

Cecil Lammey

Footballguy
http://blogtalkradio.com/theaudible

10PM ET

2 hours of fantasy football talk with Cecil Lammey, Sigmund Bloom, and Matt Waldman! :towelwave:

ask your questions here, jump in the chat room, or call 347 826 7620

***ATTN - New format for the show

We are always looking for ways to improve the show and bringing Matt Waldman on board for the regular season certainly does that!

However, WDIS shows can grow stale for listeners so we are moving towards more of a roundtable feel -- a discussion about the league, the game, fantasy angles instead of just rolling through questions.

We will pick a handful of questions each week to answer, and certainly do appreciate everyone for jumping on board the show! Questions that aren't answered on air we will do our best to answer here in the thread every week.

Guys, what secondaries should be exploited over the course of the season in order to maximize the full potential of my receiving corp?

What front 7s should be exploited for my RBs max value?

In a 2QB league what is your contingency plan if you miss out on all of the big names and the mid-tier guys - would you feel safe rolling with a comittee of say VY, Stafford, Sanchez and Orton.

Appreciate all your efforts making the Audible a great show. Thought Waldman was very insightful last week and will be a great addition. I'd love to hear what you guys think about the Browns RB situation and your expectations for Harrison, Hardesty, Davis and Hillis. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cecil and Bloom..I am a Steelers fan living in Denver. I can relate to you my fantasy football bretheren! My question is this: How much stock do you put into a player's schedule (mainly the weeks 14-17 schedule) when deciding whether to draft player A versus player B? Some people really look at strength of schedule, and take it to heart, while others say that you can derive nothing from how last year's defenses performed. What say you gentlemen?

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all of the great work that you do on the audible. I have enjoyed listening over the years..keep up the awesome work!

The new format sounds great! I thought the old format had gotten stale. At this point of the season, there are some key issues that deserve in-depth thought. That's better than scattershot questions.

Some topics for you to consider:

1. LaDanian Tomlinson

2. Arizona offense: leinart v Anderson, Wells v Hightower, impact on WRs.

3. Minnesota offense: read that AP missed a block last week that led to a sack. Can he really play 3rd downs? Who is the real beneficiary of the situations with Ric and Harvin?

4. In non-PPR, what's your cut off point for reliable WRS? Who is the last WR you take before you say there's not much difference between the next guy on your board and someone 5, 10, 20 picks later. It does feel like a crapshoot at a certain point.

Big fan living in SLC Ut an insider subscriber Love the show and keep it up. I have a question regarding Brandon Tate of NE. Huge on him this year and am trying to take him in all my drafts. I am in a startup 12 Team PPR dynasty league with KR and PR yards. I am wondering when to take Tate? Also in a dynasty rookie draft. When should I take him there?

Glad to have you back Lammey, and also great to hear Mr. 'Gut Check' is on with you and Mr. Bloom.

I’ll keep this quick… QBBC seems to be the way to go for 10-12 teams leagues. What QB strategy would you recommend for 14 (or 16) team leagues? Is QBBC viable, or should owners in larger leagues target a stud QB early?

Thanks guys.

Hey guys...Love the shooooow.

19th annual draft this Saturday. 12 team, dynasty/keeper, IDP, non PPr, all TDs =3pts.

Our league is set up so that you can keep a minimum of 4 players or as many as you want, but the more you keep the more draft picks you lose. So if you keep 5 players you lose your 1st pick, if you keep 6 you lose your top 2...etc.

I am keeping Peterson, McCoy, both Steve Smiths and Hester. I am picking 4th and 8th and I know for a fact that Mathews, Best and Spiller will be gone. The following players will be available to me. Please rank the top 4 in order for me. So I know who to grab in each spot.

Roddy White

Felix Jones

Jonathan Stewart

Dez Bryant

Arian Foster

Brandon Jacobs

Montario Hardesty

Favre

McNabb

Carson Palmer

or any other rookie that I haven't mentioned yet.

Thanks alot and keep up the great work.

Because it's generally the guys who produce at least 2 tiers above their adp that win leagues, I'd be interested to hear a discussion about how the preseason has affected potential late round fliers. Mike Williams, Jacoby Jones, Aaron Hernandez, Dexter McCluster, James Starks, etc.

Thanks!

http://blogtalkradio.com/theaudible

10PM ET

2 hours of fantasy football talk with Cecil Lammey, Sigmund Bloom, and Matt Waldman! :goodposting:

ask your questions here, jump in the chat room, or call 347 826 7620

***ATTN - New format for the show

We are always looking for ways to improve the show and bringing Matt Waldman on board for the regular season certainly does that!

However, WDIS shows can grow stale for listeners so we are moving towards more of a roundtable feel -- a discussion about the league, the game, fantasy angles instead of just rolling through questions.

We will pick a handful of questions each week to answer, and certainly do appreciate everyone for jumping on board the show! Questions that aren't answered on air we will do our best to answer here in the thread every week.
this new format sounds great cecil. i agree all these WDIS questions are getting very old and was really putting a damper on the show. i think this is a great move for you guys and i for one cant wait to hear it. thanks to each of you for putting the time in for this!

Sigmund,

Waldman was great last week and it was fun hearing you anxiously await his answers to the questions you posed. I did miss Cecil, though. Now that the three man booth is in effect this should rock.

This is more a draft strategy question.

In the past, I have seen FBGs and other experts, back the strategy of getting value and let the draft come to you, by not targeting players (and or positions) and reaching for them. For someone picking at the turn 1 or number 12, can this really be accomplished? Or should one decide beforehand that a few key players are worth the reach, even though they might (small chance) be there 20 some odd picks later?

I bring this up after seeing certain players rise through last preseason, (Ray Rice for example) and Waldman staking his claim by letting people know he is going to get his guys by grabbing them a round or two earlier and seeing it payoff, (can you tell I missed out on my "sleepers" last year by waiting for the appropriate round while picking from #12, the same slot again this year, ugh.)

Thanks

Btw Is Matt Jones draftable?

Sorry that was a just to hear the clip, we may not have many more opportunites as we get closer to the 53.

Hey guys love the show!

I have Matt Ryan in my auction keeper league. I'm looking to pair him up with another. My options are Eli Manning, McNabb, Stafford, Palmer, Freeman, and Flacco.

Who would you go with? It is a keeper league so I like Stafford's keeper potential and his new weapons. BTW is it crazy to have 3 QBs on a 16 man roster? Thanks!

The Trifecta? Wow, can't wait for tonight!

Could you guys talk a little bit about Beanie Wells? I've seen his ADP all over the map and Whisenhunt isn't making it any easier to predict his production. As Steeler fans do you remember Wiz playing these types of mind games?

How do each of you think Beanie does this year?

What is Patrick Chung's IDP value? He is now listed as the starting FS for the Patriots and was suppose to be a tackle machine out of college. I think this is the time to acquire in all leagues. What's the general thought on this guy?

I'm sure you'll talk about the MIN WR situation, so I'll ask this question instead: with the cupcake schedule SF has, when would you look at drafting their players? Gore will go top 10 (at worse), but what about Crabtree, Davis, Smith and, especially their DEF/ST? I think all could significantly outplay their ADP this season.

How do you go about drafting QBs in a league with an offensive flex? Otherwise standard PPR league (2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR) with 4 points per TD. Is it crazy to draft a top QB at 5th overall? Thanks in advance!

Quick question:

In a 12 team standard scoring league, I'm thinking of really ignoring the TE position through most of the draft so that I can fortify other positions. If catastrophe happens and everyone nabs the top guys plus backups, who of the bottom dwellers in new situations do you think has the greatest potential (albeit remote) to explode onto the scene? I'm thinking TEs around a 20+ AVP like Scheffler, Gresham, Graham, etc.

Final thought...when are we going to get the Kick ### Mystic Ninjas/Totally Rad Show-esque Cecil & Sigmund geek/movie/gaming variety show podcast? The scene needs some fresh talent and there are a lot of geeks into ffball...it's natural synergy...

Jonathan

@mondo_tiki_man

Couple formats to consider:

1. Just go team-by-team through all 32. You can dish news from the training camp updates, risers and fallers, etc.

2. Review last weeks' preseason games and give your impressions. what should we take away from each game.

Hey Guys,

Love the Show. The new format sounds really good, I used to get kinda annoyed when people asked a question that you guys answered the week before, I think the new format will take care of that and make the show much better for it.

My wife and I are in a 16 team redraft, all the rules are normal, except 4 pts per passing TD and non PPR. I've never played in a legue with rules devauling QBs and WRs like this. Since it is sucha big league and we are kinda late picks, I was kinda planning on looking at WR or stud QB there, depending on whos available. But, now that I see how the scoring is, I'm not sure how to adjust for it. Could you give me some insight on who I should be looking for in the first two rounds at picks 10 and 23 for myself and 14 and 19 for my wife?

Who do you like the exceed their value the most in PPR this year?

Ocho

Bowe

S. Moss

Harvin

MSW

I am in a 12 team PPR redraft league that drafts this weekend. We have 12 player rosters starting 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

I took 3rd in this league and won my money back last year - teach me how to dominate my draft in 2010 and make some real coin.

I currently have a strategy to grab TE, K, Def all with week 10 byes so I can be more flexible on the waiver wire - is this a valid strategy?

Thanks - and great work as always - The audible needs to be twice a week in my opinion great stuff.

For all 3 of you:

Who are you drinking the kool-aid on (and why) now that you weren't before the first 2 weeks of preseason games?

I totally love the format change and the addition of Matt to the show. :thumbup:

Gentlemen. Big fan of the show and everything you do!

Could you talk to me a bit about Steven Jackson.

For one league (14 team, PPR, high performance scoring, keep 3) I'm thinking about trading for him as a keeper to pair with ADP and Andre Johnson. I have to start two RBs and there is no flex.

He is a high risk player and on many staffers "1st round busts" lists but he seems to be the sort of "swing for the fences" move that Bloom talks about that could help me dominate my league! In this league, as bad as last year was, he still was the 18th ranked player and 8th amongst RBs. This year can't be any worse... right?

So high bust potential, but worth the risk?

I'll put down my keyboard and listen.

Edit to add: Looks live Avery may be down for a while. How do you see this affecting Jackson?

Matt was awesome last week, glad to see he is back!

In PPR, interested in who you guys think will have the most value of:

Owens or Ocho

Berrian or Harvin

Jacoby or Walters

2nd Atl WR

Thanks.

Hey guys, love the show. I have a non PPR dynasty rookie/ free agent draft coming up this weekend and would like to hear your thoughts on how some of the veterans that are likely available in deeper leagues compare to the rookies in the rankings. A couple guys I’m interested in specifically are Kareem Huggins, Big Mike Williams and Donte Stallworth.

Thanks!

I'm in a 12 team ppr league. Passing TDs are 4 points. Teams start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, and 3 rb/wr flexes. TE required.

At first, it seems like QBBC is the fundamentally sound strategy because of 4 pt per passing td. However, because there are so many rb/wr/te starting spots, is it worth it to grab an elite, plug and play qb and one really late qb? In mocks, burning that extra mid round pick can really hurt that last flex spot.

Thanks, and I LOVE the addition of Matt to the show.

Are people sleeping on Joseph Addai this season? He is always a top scorer albeit never flashy. I'm considering taking him at the 3/4 turn in a 10 team ppr. Thoughts?

Bloomy!!

Hey guys! I love the show and can't get enough of your podcasts! Great job!

I've got a strategy question for my draft this Saturday. I joined a new league that has a different scoring system.

It's a 12 Team PPR, 14 rounds.

- 4pts Passing TDs

- 2pts every 50yds passing

- 6pts Rushing/Receiving TDs

- 1pt per reception

- 2pts every 25yds (rushing or receiving)

- Flex ANY roster spot (QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DST)

I'm picking at the 10th spot. I looked at the league and the QBs were in the Top 10 in scoring last year. My concern has always been with picking a QB in the first round, but from the rumors I'm hearing. Some of the guys are going to pick the top 3 QBs (Rodgers, Manning, Brees) early so by the 10th pick I'll probably have to choose from Turner, Jackson, Moss, Fitz, MegaTron, etc.

Can you discuss possible strategies? Should I just target Romo and pair him with another high upside QB? Should I just wait and go QBBC with Kolb and someone?

Thanks guys!

-Ro

Ooh, we got Matt Waldman on...awesome!

This question is related to Matt's RSP (big fan) and two receivers from the Tennessee Titans that you've rated over the past two seasons:

- The first is Kenny Britt who you rated as a Boom-Bust type of player (#7 overall in 2009) that evoked images of Keyshawn Johnson and Dwayne Bowe. He was a 1st round draft and has drawn mixed reviews after 1-year as a Titan.

- The Titans also drafted Damian Williams who was your 2nd rated WR in 2010 behind Dez Bryant. I have made a special point to pickup Williams in my two dynasty leagues since no one really paid much attention to him when he went to the Titans' run-heavy offense.

My question is this, if you assumed that Vince Young wasn't a deterrent to both these WR's long-term value, who do you see as having the better NFL career and why?

Thanks for the insight!

Hey guys Ive got the 4th pick in a 12 team non ppr league we start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k,1dst. All positions get 6 pts per td whether rushing or receiving. Iam debating on going Michael Turner over Ray Rice. He seems to be climbing up the boards, what are your thoughts.

Mas Tequilia!

Hey guys, love the show.

I was in a 12-team draft last year that I went WR-WR in the first two rounds, and reaped the rewards. The prevailing theory among analysts is that with a late pick in the first round that this is the way to go.

I have agreed, but have a gotten a bit concerned that I may be hitching my wagon to a theory that stats can back up becuase of the last few years, but may not be necessarily the case going forward. (e.g. draft all of the high priced rookie RB busts in 2009 because 2008 rookies Forte, Slaton et. al won leagues in 2008).

I want to make sure that I am being forward thinking as opposed to reacting to what has worked in the past.

Thoughts?

Guys, it's great that you have Waldman on board now and for the record, I still have Waldmania!

My question concerns the Tampa Bay WR situation. All reports indicate that Mike Williams has cemented his spot as the No. 1 weapon in the passing game, leaving Arrelious Benn and Sammie Stroughter battling for the No. 2 spot. I see Stroughter's skill set better suited as a slot receiver, while Benn should develop into the starter opposite Williams. Who do you think will be the favoured target of Josh Freeman long term and why?

Thanks for all that you do, gentlemen! You truly are the kings of the fantasy football world.

How comfortable would you be rolling with RBBC with a group like Best, Barber, Bradshaw, R Bush (Killer B's)? Other possible fill-ins would be Foster, LT, Portis, Brown, Harrison, M Bush.

Last weeks show was GREAT with the three of you! Can't wait for tonights show.

Do you guys consider Mendenhall even a solid #2 anymore after the way the steelers have looked?

Can Crabtree be a servicable #2 WR THIS season?

Thanks!! Understand if you don't have time for this question (3 hours show??). A lot of them tonight.

Fellas, never posted before but I've been listening to you for a long time now. I wanted you to know that I appreciate all the military love. The football insight and analysis you bring to the table gives me something to think about and talk about all week long. Thanks for the support and thank you for all you do!

I heard Sig talking about Anarchy Leagues a few weeks ago and can't find much info on them. I know it's a bit late in the draft season but would you mind sharing with us some of your favorite alternate league set up options to challenge and enhance the Fantasy Football experience?

- Dave

have you guys started looking at the prospects for next years draft class? if so, then where do you think greg little falls? the guys looks like a pure stud IMO.

Hi Guys. I’m trying to get some “clarity” on several players, and hope you can help me.

For RBs, I can’t seem to get a bead on Michael Turner, DeAngelo Williams, Steven Jackson, Ryan Grant, and Rashard Mendenhall. If you’re in a 12 team non-PPR league with a 7-12 selection, how do you value these guys? Who do you take if they are available, or do you instead go with the top WRs?

For WRs, if you are instead picking in the 1-6 slots, and therefore have a late 2nd round pick, where do you sit on Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, DeSean Jackson, Steve Smith (Car), and Chad Ochocinco? Do you “x” any of them off, and if so, who do you like and not like?

Can you update us on starting rookie offensive linemen around the league?

I thought that Anthony Davis had a very poor showing against Minnesota in preseason week 2. He was so so in the run game and just couldn't hold the edge of the pocket in pass protection, his balance was suspect and he was overextending quite a bit. Any thoughts on him specifically?

Iupati had his problems in pass protection as well. I saw him get beat twice on plain old quick inside moves and he was totally fooled on what I think was a delayed blitz. However he fires off the line and drives people pretty consistently in the run game.

have you guys started looking at the prospects for next years draft class? if so, then where do you think greg little falls? the guys looks like a pure stud IMO.
I'll answer this one a little early...

every Saturday I talk college football with Chad Reuter from CBS Sports NFLDraftScout.com - we talked QBs 2 weeks ago, we talked RBs last week, and we'll talk WRs this week! Little is certainly going to get some love! :excited:

Best auction strategy.... go for the home run with shelling out a lot for 2 top tier players early and then hoping for good value for players with the little amount of money you have left. Or, do you play it safe for a few picks.... let others spend their money and then get a lot of good 2nd and 3rd tier players at every position?

I have the 3rd overall pick in a 12-team, PPR league where we start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, and a flex. I am pretty much set on selecting either Rice or MJD at 1.03 then nabbing the best available WR at 2.10.

Most mock drafts that I have done in the AWESOME “Draft Dominator” and elsewhere have both Best & Welker staring me in the face at 3.10 (34 overall) & 4.03 (39 overall). Is taking Best & Welker here as my RB2 & WR2 too far a reach? If so, what “safer” alternatives do you suggest?

Here are some alternatives that COULD be available around these times:

QB—Brady, Schaub, Romo (4 pt passing TDs)

RB—Greene, Benson, Moreno, McCoy, R. Brown

WR—Steve Smith (x2), Ochocinco, Nicks, Boldin, Bowe, Ward

TE—Clark, Gates

Guys, can you rank the QB's below? I'm in a 10 Team league with 6 pts per TD. I need a second QB to back up M.Ryan in my QBBC. Thanks

M.Stafford

B.Roethlisburger

M.Cassel

V.Young

K.Orton

Love it all guys -- great work!

I've been wondering...every year it seems, a position blows up and the scoring is through the roof. After the season, you hear someone explain that the NFL tweaked this rule or changed that rule prior to the start of the season, that was the reason why and we should have seen it coming.

I think there were 10 different 4,000-yard passers last year and the rule changes seem to continue to favor the offense and the passing game. So my question is, have there been any significant rule changes heading into this season that may affect any particular position, good or bad? When this season is over, what should we have seen coming, generally speaking?

Given the recent news out of Minnesota, how are you adjusting your drafting strategies? Where do you take Rice in a redraft league? Where are you targeting the other receivers given the recent signings?

Same question with the news about Anderson in Arizona and the news that Wells and Hightower will probably split time like they did last season?

Came away from my draft last weekend pretty happy, getting alot of guys I had targeted going in. However, as I look at my lineup I see I'm pretty heavily invested in the Giants (Nicks as WR3, Bradshaw as RB3 and Tynes) and the Bears (Cutler as QB1, Hester as WR4, Taylor as RB5). We have a pretty short bench, so there are quality guys still remaining to pick up (for example: Dexter McCluster, Jacoby Jones, Lee Evans, Kenny Britt, Donnie Avery, Tashard Choice, Sammy Morris, and roughly 18 kickers). Better to diversify, or hold on to what I've got?

QB Cutler, McNabb

RB Gore, Best, Bradshaw, M. Bush, C Taylor

WR B Marshall, S Smith (car), Nicks, Hester, L Moore

K L Tynes

IDP C Matthews, C Wake, S Phillips

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1flex, 1K 3IDP

Chat Room React ! (shalom from Israel - early morning here)

loyal subscriber here - congrats to matt, love the shows (download all)

doing a great job, especially this non-playing season as i have little time with tons of work and preparing for my wedding-week 6 (my fiance be mad if she knew i call our wedding date .. "week 6") .

have my live re-draft this weekend and while most other general site talking highly on there picks and how it so easy (yes TMR, try drafting in bigger league rather than just 10 or 12 teams).. i need to plan a strategy of pick/position toward the draft:

im thinking this year instead of getting RB-RB-WR-RB-QB-TE/WR-W/R-W/T-W-W- W- best avaible OFF and than - DE-DE-SS- and so on ... to start with WR first-RB-RB-RB-QB-TE and so on... IF i wont get the top 6 picks (RB) ..

or maybe i should draft first top 3 QB (Brees, Payton, Rogers) as good completion% important even more than just TD's in these setting.

whats do u think?

thanks in advance, Amit

my setting:

:> > Draft Type: Live Draft>

Max Teams: 20> Scoring Type: Head-to-Head>

Max Moves: No maximum> Max Trades: No maximum> Trade Reject Time: 3> Trade Review: Commissioner> Waiver Time: 2 days>

Playoffs: Week 15, 16 and 17 (8 teams)>

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, D, D, SS, SS, CB, CB, LB, LB, DT, DE, DE, BN, BN, BN, BN>

Stat Categories:

Passing Attempts (-1)

Completions (2)

Passing Yards (50 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-4)

Rushing Attempts (0.35)

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (20 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Yards (50 yards per point)

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (1)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (2)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2.5)

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1.5)

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-1)

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-0.5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Point After Attempt Missed (-3)

Tackle Solo (1)

Tackle Assist (0.5)

Sack (5)

Interception (5)

Fumble Force (3)

Fumble Recovery (3)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (5)

Pass Defended (1)

Block Kick (5)

Fractional Points: Yes

Negative Points: Yes

P.s - just last Q. - what is the side add. of ur sunday shows during the season pre-games in sunday morning ? i want to listen it via the internet

Users who are viewing this thread