What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible Roundtable LIVE! - 12/30/10 - 10pm ET (1 Viewer)

Cecil Lammey

Footballguy
http://blogtalkradio.com/theaudible

347 826 7620

jump in the chat room!

call in!

ask your questions here!

We'll be focusing on the year that was in the NFL, some of our breakout performers, busts, and more! Plus we'll be talking dynasty league football, college bowl games, and Alexis Texas :popcorn:

enjoy! :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me be the first to step up and kiss Carson Palmer's ### for a CHAMPIONSHIP! Yes, it was my desperation play at QB, Romo IR, Henne SUCKS, and Hill injured enough that I thought Wake might finish him off.

How far do you think Benn's injury will push him back?

Happy NEW YEAR guys & THANKS!

Tones

Bloom mentioned a week or two ago that his gamble on this being a year for QBBC proved faulty. So what's the biggest lesson you're taking away from this fantasy season, versus the expectations you had going into the season?

Made it to the championship game in my 16-teamer and it looks like I'll be without the services of Sid Rice and Ochocinco this week. Care to discuss the merits of starting Hester and Welker who could be benched at any moment vs. the waiver wire options of Andre Caldwell and Andre Roberts?

Thanks Sig/Cecil/Matt for a great year! I am hooked on the show :-)

Cowboys offense this year was a disappointment even before Romo went down. What do you think went wrong, and thoughts for next year: Romo, Austin, Bryant, Whitten, Jones, Choice, etc.?

Keeper question. Choose between keeping DeSean Jackson for a 4th rd pick, Miles Austin for a 6th rd pick, or Vincent Jackson for a 7th rd pick next season and a 6th rd pick the season after that. Just looking for your thoughts as of now; don't have to decide till August.

Also, what to you make of the rumor in Houston where they bring in Grampa Wade to be the DC and keep Kubiak as HC?

Mark Ingram or AJ Green number 1 in rookie dynasty drafts?

Does it depend on where they end up or do you feel strongly one way or the other?

I have been getting caught up in discussions with other owners regarding the blanket statement that whichever team led the league in points for the year is the "best team", regardless of record and regardless who wins the league championship game. My position is that it clearly indicates that the league scoring champ has a good team, but not necessarily the best team. Just one of my reasons that I feel this way is the league scoring champ could have had a very weak bench and that led to him not being able to replace players who might have gotten hurt later in the year, for the important games, the playoffs (Jim Mora's voice just popped in my head, lol).

I know alot of what happens in fantasy comes down to the "luck factor" but I would be very interested hearing your opinions on this.

I listen to every podcasts that you guys do at footballguys, it helps me get thru my running hobby (run about 50 to 60 miles a week), plus I listen to some of the other podcasts that are available around the internet, and by far the footballguys are head and shoulders the best!!! I mean that, I am not just saying that to be polite. Thanks for a great year and look forward to the 2011 season.

based upon this years season do you see any trends or changes in existing trends that may impact our Dynasty planning next year?

for instance I know its all speculation at this point but it seems like RBBC and DL rotations are becoming more in vogue, does this diminish the need for impact DE on our teams? plus make RB handcuffs more desirable?

thanks for a great year in 2010, your advice helped me a lot in my leagues this year

have a Happy New Year

Did someone say Alexis Texas!?!?

Seriously though, could you guys tell us about some deep sleepers that could be affected by players ahead of them being FAs? Something like the other Zach Miller having a chance with Marcedes Lewis a FA or Steve Breaston leaving 'Zona opening the way for Andre Roberts. Thanks in advance!

Happy New Year from Ireland, fellas.

Dynasty league question for you. I am blessed with quite a bit of young talent at WR in a rebuilding project of mine. Which of these young pass catchers do you think has the most long term value from a talent and situation standpoint?

Andre Caldwell

Jacoby Ford

Seyi Ajirotutu

Demaryius Thomas

Jason Hill (that one is for Wildman!)

You guys do a terrific job with the show and I look forward to the draft talk beginning. Let's hope Andrew Luck makes the right choice. :shrug:

Just wanted to say awesome job and thanks for all of the advice and support. Cecil you nailed the Tebow call and get mad props from me.

My league is notoriously reluctant to change - what's a good way to introduce IDP to them instead of Team Defence. We start 2 QB, 3 WR, 2RB, 1 WR/RB, TE, K, DEF

What would you suggest as a starting IDP lineup for this league? How many DL, LB's etc would you mix in?

How many bench spots to starters do you like? If we end up with a mix of IDP's and offensive players and there are twenty starters should we have 10 bench? 12 bench?

Thanks for your time again guys - keep up the great work.

Guys, we often spend a lot of time talking about the next 'big things' but what some guys that you have seen enough from/have aged/or something has happened in front of him...and are just ready to move on from in dynasty leagues...for whatever reason(s).

I'll kick it off with a few that are on my mind:

Anthony Gonz (injuries)

Tony Gonz (age)

Ben Tate (situation)

Lee Evans (tired of waiting)

Hines Ward (age)

Roy Williams (just not good)

Todd Heap (situation/age)

There are likely many many others...who are you both ready to move on from?

I have Chaz Schilens in a 16-team contract PPR Dynasty league. I already have burned 2 years out of his 3 year contract and got nothing. I didn't want to drop him as I would have been penalized for the contract years, but I couldn't put him on IR, so he was a waste. Does Schilens have a shot to be that the WR breakout player in his fourth year, or have guys like Louis Murphy and Jacoby Ford passed him by?

Is there a week 17 Preview? At some point in the Week 16 Preview show, they said they were wrapping up the year, but there was mention in either the Preview or the Roundtable last week of there being a Week 17 Preview show upcoming.

Not seeing the Week 17 Preview here.

BUT not seeing the Roundtable on that page, either. But it exists here.

Is there a week 17 Preview? At some point in the Week 16 Preview show, they said they were wrapping up the year, but there was mention in either the Preview or the Roundtable last week of there being a Week 17 Preview show upcoming.

I am editing the week 17 preview and the Roundtable shows right now!

What is going to happen in Indianapolis backfield in 2011? Is it safe to call Donald Brown a bust at this point? Would also love to hear your thoughts on Tebow after two games.

I am editing the week 17 preview and the Roundtable shows right now!
Outstanding. Got 'em. Thanks, you guys! Show has been great all year.

Users who are viewing this thread