What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (1 Viewer)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Man, Harrison brought back memories of Jim Gray interviewing Pete Rose for me.

What a weird season. In reality, Juan just acted like a lot of guys say they would if they ever got on the show, which doesn't make for great tv.

Chris Harrison is a d-bag. Why does it always have to end up with people claiming to fall in love? They may say "I love you" but how many of them last?

Shaun is also a d-bag. His "I beg to differ, your life after the cameras is not private" BS was pathetic. Hey Shaun, you are the d-bag that couldn't stay off the TV. You are the one who went on Dancing With The Stars and you are the one who had his wedding on TV. If you want to stay on TV you might want to get thet girl you picked to go on a diet.

Or is she pregnant? She was looking quite corpulent last evening.

A few observations:

I just loved the way Chris Harrison buried J.P. He didn't let him off the hook once. The guy is a caricature of a d**chebag womanizer and he basically used the show to bang multiple hot chicks. I loved all the little digs at him after Andi came on. The whole crowd was laughing at him. He could have been sitting right there on the couch and I doyubt he'd have even understood what they were laughing at.

He made Nikki look like the most pathetic chick in the world. How can it be SO obvious to everyone else and she just allows his corny winks to keep her by his side? In four months, they didn't even make any plans going forward. She's going to be his Kansas City hook up while he bangs chicks Florida.

Andi should make a good bachelorette. Pretty and very intelligent. Will be a much needed change from the mental midget, Juan Pablo.

And what did Clare expect from JP? She threw herself at him during the show, even on group dates. Didn't they have sex in the ocean on a group date?

If you don't act like a lady during the show why do you get upset when he doesn't treat you like a lady on your last date? You want to use your body to get him to notice you among all the others, but when he plays along when all the others are gone, you get upset and say it was vulgar and crude. JP was right when he said "I'm glad I didn't pick her."

A few observations:

I just loved the way Chris Harrison buried J.P. He didn't let him off the hook once. The guy is a caricature of a d**chebag womanizer and he basically used the show to bang multiple hot chicks. I loved all the little digs at him after Andi came on. The whole crowd was laughing at him. He could have been sitting right there on the couch and I doyubt he'd have even understood what they were laughing at.

He made Nikki look like the most pathetic chick in the world. How can it be SO obvious to everyone else and she just allows his corny winks to keep her by his side? In four months, they didn't even make any plans going forward. She's going to be his Kansas City hook up while he bangs chicks Florida.

Andi should make a good bachelorette. Pretty and very intelligent. Will be a much needed change from the mental midget, Juan Pablo.
There's a better chance at them working out if they're in a place people normally are after 6 months in a relationship, than what the show wants them to do.

A few observations:

There's a better chance at them working out if they're in a place people normally are after 6 months in a relationship, than what the show wants them to do.
There was a zero chance of a relationship working out with Juan Pablo. The show could have been held anywhere for any length of time. The guy is your classic dumb, slimy womanizer. This wasn't an issue with the show.

Juan Pablo wasn't taking it too seriously, no doubt. Or maybe he just knew early on that none of these women were the right one for him.

But CH and the producers didn't care about that. They tried to bury him because he wouldn't pretend he was taking it seriously and wouldn't pretend he was in love.

As for Claire -- zero sympathy. The guy basically told her straight up that they had crazy chemistry, but he wasn't that into her. It's her fault for not hearing it and for emotionally blackmailing JP on national TV until he glossed it over.

And I think his confusion about what Claire had said on the After show was genuine because he said something like "I know we're great in bed together, but we don't really know each other yet." And Claire's just nutty enough to turn that into a capital crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the fact that Juan Pablo said, "I'm glad I didn't pick her" after Clare blew up at him, and I love the fact that ABC was so pissed at JP that they aired that comment.

If Juan Pablo wasn't going to give them a happy ending (fairy tale not massage parlor), ABC was going to purposely make him look bad.

Juan Pablo wasn't taking it too seriously, no doubt. Or maybe he just knew early on that none of these women were the right one for him.

But CH and the producers didn't care about that. They tried to bury him because he wouldn't pretend he was taking it seriously and wouldn't pretend he was in love.

As for Claire -- zero sympathy. The guy basically told her straight up that they had crazy chemistry, but he wasn't that into her. It's her fault for not hearing it and for emotionally blackmailing JP on national TV until he glossed it over.
Agree 100% with everything said here.

I think JP took it seriously at first, until he realized that he valued the opportunity to make out and bone tons of hot chicks served to him on a platter while traveling the world more than finding a wife. That was contrary to CH/Producer's television interests, so Producers did everything to make him look even worse. I think he would've looked bad if you could see everything objectively, but they made it even worse to keep viewers interested.

Claire - No sympathy, but I applaud her for her post-split actions. The fact that you can go from ready to accept a ring to just hating someone that much shows that you were shallow to begin with. She KNEW in her heart that JP was a sleazeball, but the dream of love, fairytale endings, and her "winning," made her overlook that.

Claire - No sympathy, but I applaud her for her post-split actions. The fact that you can go from ready to accept a ring to just hating someone that much shows that you were shallow to begin with. She KNEW in her heart that JP was a sleazeball, but the dream of love, fairytale endings, and her "winning," made her overlook that.
Agree. Fairytale endings and winning is what she wanted. ABC would get their ratings and all the women would ooh and aah, then 4 months later they would either call off the wedding or consider divorce. I like the fact that while Harrison was trying to prod JP into some kind of love confession, JP just kept ignoring him.

Andi is going to be a terrible Bachelorette.
She could be good if she plays it like a grim reaper -- just axing her unworthy suitors left and right.

But she's going to stink if she tries to go the usual tears and angst route for the last half-dozen. Just not her schtick.

I've only seen two episodes of the show this year, with tonight's being one of them. "I love ####### you" is some classic ####. Well done, JP.

As for Andi, she seems to have the brains and the looks, but the one other episode I saw was the one when she left, and she came off as kind of an idiot and way too full of herself.
But gb, she's a PROSECUTOR! :shock: (Assistant)
I know, she doesn't seem smart enough to be a corporate attorney.
:hifive: Though there are exceptions, the best and brightest don't usually go into criminal law.

As for her job, an ADA absolutely is in court all the time and has a huge caseload. It's not a low-level job, especially as she is in a major city. The going out on raids part was complete BS; even if that were possible, there's no way an ADA would have time for it. Their caseloads are ridiculous.

JP #### on ABC and Chris the D-Bag harrison.

It was fantastic... rewatched it quickly on DVR, and chris is STEAMING w anger, it's in his eyes

It was fantastic... rewatched it quickly on DVR, and chris is STEAMING w anger, it's in his eyes
I quite enjoyed when they went to commericial and the camera was still rolling for a second, and you see Chris just get up and walk right off stage.

After each clip, as the camera panned out and away, you could see CH get up and go off-stage. I don't think he could stand being up there with JP, and/or he had no clue what to do next and needed producer input.

While the anger part may be true, this Juan Pablo guy now looks like a sleezeball to 99% of the people who watched the show. He took a beating.

While the anger part may be true, this Juan Pablo guy now looks like a sleezeball to 99% of the people who watched the show. He took a beating.
he may look like a sleazeball to miserable housewives... but anyone who actually pays attention, would leave w a good impression of him. He realized he was being used and abused by the network (they really #### on him and make him look like a sleazeball on purpose)...

so he decided w his only opportunity, he'd ruin it for the network - by refusing to answer questions. refusing to give chris what he wanted (I love you). and making Chris explode w anger when he straight up told him to stop cutting him off...

and the grand finale, ####### them in the booty, no lube, when he told the network he'd propose ("you have a surprise for us?) and then left them hanging.

Masterstroke from him. someone got in his ear and told him he was being played

he may look like a sleazeball to miserable housewives... but anyone who actually pays attention, would leave w a good impression of him. He realized he was being used and abused by the network (they really #### on him and make him look like a sleazeball on purpose)...

so he decided w his only opportunity, he'd ruin it for the network - by refusing to answer questions. refusing to give chris what he wanted (I love you). and making Chris explode w anger when he straight up told him to stop cutting him off...

and the grand finale, ####### them in the booty, no lube, when he told the network he'd propose ("you have a surprise for us?) and then left them hanging.

He didn't understand until someone said it like this: "Djoo beeeii playyy"

Ruin the network? I bet he gave them great ratings. People love watching assh***es. And I hardly think he comes off looking very good to anyone. Maybe fellow sleezeballs like him, but that's about it. You act like he seemed like a great guy until the end. He was a tool from the start. I told my GF that he's going to try to bang as many of them as he can and that he's just a player. That was after the first episode.

As contrived as the show is, he's a cad for treating the women the way he did. They've got all their feelings out there and he basically has no regard for whether he's wasting their time and making them look like fools. You can argue the women are idiots for going on the show in the first place, and they certainly are, but JP could have handled that much better.

Everyone knew he was a player. I have no issues with that. More power to him.

I dont like the guy. Didnt all season. Until closer to the end and the finale where he refused to be the network and chris's #####. Then i had some respect for him.

Hes a dummy, no doubt. Lacks substance etc. But he won the battle v the bachelor, even if housewives say differently.

Not really. JP is probably one of the most honest guys they had had on the show. In an 8 week period you are to meet 30 women. Out of those 30 you are going to take 15 of them out, many on group dates. All the while being interrupted by the other women and a full camera crew taping your every move. Then every other day you are sending women home. The last 2 weeks you have it down to 6 or so..then to 2. The last week after all the traveling around the world you are going to proclaim that you are madly in love with one woman that you hardly know and ready to propose marriage? When in reality you have probably spent a total of 5-6 days alone together.

Toss in 500 bitter spinsters sitting in the audience and of course he is going to get booed. Chris came off as a doosh as well. Why would JP say he loved a person if he does not? Shaun would make a good cuckold husband. I have no idea what kind of guy JP is, but at least he did not fake a proposal and break up a month or two later like 90% of the other people on the show have.

Guru laying it down.

Chris ia basically a woman w heavy stubble. He sure as hell aint no man.

Like I said... Forcing someone into and I love you ends at about 12yrs old when you begin to realize how idiotic it is

JP came out ahead in my books

JP getting upset about being "interrupted".... :lmao:

he carried on zero conversations during this entire season.....he had about 6-7 "go to" sayings that he just rinsed and repeated most of the time.....other times he just repeated what the girls said and said "me too".....and then the rest of the time we really had no ####### clue what he was talking about anyway.....getting interrupted is a "good" thing for this guy......

Harrison needed to let the I love you thing go....both JP and Nikki gave good answers as to why it is okay not to be at that point in a relationship that starts out this way......he had so many other things he could have went after, pounding away at that one made him look kind of pathetic, bully type pathetic....

the one question I was hoping he would ask Nikki and what would have been the first question of of my mouth to her was.....

"Nikki I am assuming you have now watched the last episode and you saw how things went with Clare at the end and JP saying "I'm glad I didn't pick that one" (like he was shopping for a puppy)....how does that make you feel....?

followed by...."how do you feel knowing Clare and JP had sex"?.....

lucky you....you are the pick of the litter.....

if ABC really wanted to go for the throat....these questions had to be asked.....

Theyll never,EVER pick a non thoroughbred American to do this show, again.

JP #### all over the 'American Dream' of love, family and unbridled passion.

The guy wanted tons of poon and got it. Haha. I like him for it

Theyll never,EVER pick a non thoroughbred American to do this show, again.

JP #### all over the 'American Dream' of love, family and unbridled passion.

The guy wanted tons of poon and got it. Haha. I like him for it
It is amazing because JP was the women's favorite from the season before. Half the problem is that he really did not have enough command of the language to do a whole season as the focal point. After a couple of weeks the "aye..aye aye and it`s ok..it`s ok, it`s ok" got a little old.

The next male will probably be a Tim Tebow clone.

Chris Harrison is a d-bag. Why does it always have to end up with people claiming to fall in love? They may say "I love you" but how many of them last?

Shaun is also a d-bag. His "I beg to differ, your life after the cameras is not private" BS was pathetic. Hey Shaun, you are the d-bag that couldn't stay off the TV. You are the one who went on Dancing With The Stars and you are the one who had his wedding on TV. If you want to stay on TV you might want to get thet girl you picked to go on a diet.

Or is she pregnant? She was looking quite corpulent last evening.
I read that JP also desperately wants on Dancing With the Stars but after this debacle they decided to decline.

This season might be the one that finally breaks me of this strange Bachelor/Bachelorette watching habit I've developed. I decided that JP was just a vapid, creepy lech about 4 or so episodes ago and so watching the final ones just made my skin crawl. I watched for the drama, but even that was so stilted and obvious, it was painful.

My main gripe about the show, though, is probably the fact that my husband now just says "iss okay" in any disagreement we have. :hot:

personally I think an ending like this is just what the doctored ordered for this show.....the same ol same ol happy endings and we are in love couch conversations were getting kind of boring...they were all the same even though only about 10% end up mounting to anything.......at least this one had an ending that mixed things up a little bit.....I may be wrong, but I think this may be the first time in the history of the show, that we actually have confirmation that sex happened....Clare saying he said "I love ####### you" is about as confirmed as it gets....we have had hints and strong indications in the past but I don't think you can find an example of a confirmation like that......and for the record, IMO....I think they did it in the fantasy suite, not the ocean...

I'd rather see some endings like this instead of the cookie cutter ones we normally get......falling in love when you actually spend that little time with somebody doesn't happen very often......it takes longer than that......ABC wants it to be wrapped up in a nice package at the end so they can start pimping the Wedding Show, etc...while still somewhat scripted, at least this one seemed somewhat real in the exhanges between CH and JP....his FU I ain't going to say I love her just for the show seemed real.....and like Nikki said, probably most of the people up there in the past professing their "love" for each other probably didn't really know what the hell they were saying.....

JP is a d-bag, but I enjoyed the way this one ended.....I don't look at it as a bad thing for the show....

This season might be the one that finally breaks me of this strange Bachelor/Bachelorette watching habit I've developed. I decided that JP was just a vapid, creepy lech about 4 or so episodes ago and so watching the final ones just made my skin crawl. I watched for the drama, but even that was so stilted and obvious, it was painful.

My main gripe about the show, though, is probably the fact that my husband now just says "iss okay" in any disagreement we have. :hot:
I resspet djoo as a person. And as a wooooman.

:lmao:

Going to try that one out, thanks Romo!

I try to rub my wife's ear too. She absolutely hates it. Thanks, JP!

I try to rub my wife's ear too. She absolutely hates it. Thanks, JP!
iss okay followed by "look at me" while grabbing her hand or rubbing her shoulder.... I have been doing this for a couple of weeks now....the Shtick factor here is great!

This was super awkward, but a good explanation, because they had been hyping it up all night and I was really confused by that exchange:

After one of the worst seasons of the Bachelor in the series’ history (or was it the best? I can’t tell), we’ve finally reached the end. Juan Pablo chose Nikki Ferrell because he “really likes her,” and Clare Crawley went home a runner-up, yet a hero. But the “After the Final Rose” special, that was the most shocking event all season. Juan Pablo wouldn’t admit that he loves Nikki; Nikki wouldn’t admit that she cares that Juan Pablo won’t admit that he loves her; and the audience just sat there awkwardly, mouths-agape, waiting for some ####### clarity. Then, just when you thought things couldn’t get more confusing, Chris Harrison asked Juan Pablo to reveal “his surprise.” So! What was Juan Pablo’s big “After the Finale Rose” surprise?

According to spoiler master Reality Steve, ABC asked Juan Pablo to propose to Nikki on “After the Final Rose,” going so far as to offer him money to pop the question. J.P. obviously declined to do so, but there was an incredibly uncomfortable moment when Harrison turned to Juan Pablo and prodded him about this alleged surprise. J.P. explained that he told the producers that there wouldn’t be a “surprise,” then there was some silence, and then we all just let it go.

The non-surprise hung in the air like Nikki’s finale earrings: big and uncomfortable, but ultimately, irrelevant. There was no proposal, no surprise, no nothing. When you think about it, it was the most fitting ending this disaster of a season could hope for. It went out with a whimper, just as it came in.

Ees okay, everyone. The Bachelorette is back May 19 and we won’t have to hear about Juan Pablo’s surprises ever again. We hope.
http://www.bustle.com/articles/17784-juan-pablos-big-surprise-on-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-was-a-big-let-down

Seriously, you guys talking about the schtick factor this season has generated are spot on.

I'm giving Mrs. Karpis fits with the "esss okay" and "jou disrespeck Cah-meeeee-lah" bits. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread