What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Black Keys are... (1 Viewer)

Ketamine Dreams

Footballguy
...the best band in the U.S. right now. They just are. Period. Saw them last night for the 3rd or (4th?) time. They just killed it. People went nuts for for every awesome riff in every great song. The new stuff sounded pretty good live with the extra guys helping out. They nailed their old stuff, just the two of them, and sound better and louder than any full band.

I hadn't been a huge fan of Brothers, but they can experiment with whatever sound they want. Their older stuff is just so GOOD, it's incredible. My 2 cents....

...the best band in the U.S. right now. They just are. Period. Saw them last night for the 3rd or (4th?) time. They just killed it. People went nuts for for every awesome riff in every great song. The new stuff sounded pretty good live with the extra guys helping out. They nailed their old stuff, just the two of them, and sound better and louder than any full band. I hadn't been a huge fan of Brothers, but they can experiment with whatever sound they want. Their older stuff is just so GOOD, it's incredible. My 2 cents....
:goodposting: saw em a few weeks back and there were a few jaw dropping moments.

...the best band in the U.S. right now. They just are. Period. Saw them last night for the 3rd or (4th?) time. They just killed it. People went nuts for for every awesome riff in every great song. The new stuff sounded pretty good live with the extra guys helping out. They nailed their old stuff, just the two of them, and sound better and louder than any full band. I hadn't been a huge fan of Brothers, but they can experiment with whatever sound they want. Their older stuff is just so GOOD, it's incredible. My 2 cents....
This guy knows stuff. Love the Keys.

I saw them a couple of weeks back and they definately ripped it up.

They have a couple of things that are holding them back though. First, a lot of their songs sound the same. Second, I am not usually a fan of just drums and guitar, I like a full band and they did bring out keys and bass for a couple of songs but I would prefer the whole show. Last, the songs are short, the concert was pretty short.

I think if Auerbach was in a full band and didn't have to sing every song, they would be propelled into another league. I have expectations that this guy is going to be around for a while but I don't think the Black Keys in their current form will be.

I have been listening to the "Brothers" album non stop, its one of the best albums iv'e heard in a long time, What are their others I should listento next?

Very consistent band. Great live. Really nothing to dislike about TBK. All of their albums are enjoyable, and if you like one of them, I would think you'd like them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Black Keys are effing great. Saw them @ SXSW last year. Don't miss their live show if they're in your area

I saw them a couple of weeks back and they definately ripped it up.

They have a couple of things that are holding them back though. First, a lot of their songs sound the same. Second, I am not usually a fan of just drums and guitar, I like a full band and they did bring out keys and bass for a couple of songs but I would prefer the whole show. Last, the songs are short, the concert was pretty short.

I think if Auerbach was in a full band and didn't have to sing every song, they would be propelled into another league. I have expectations that this guy is going to be around for a while but I don't think the Black Keys in their current form will be.
Agree with this. as for song length, that's what I loved about them live. They injected a little more into each song that made then unique and great. Not long, overplayed, drawn out solos, but a little fill here and there.

They went on for about 1.5 when I saw them. And they brought out extra help from the opening act for a few songs, which was a cool changeup.

Amazing band, new album is sick. Cousin saw them in NY last week and said it's the best show he's ever seen.

seen their act and love their albums. one of the best active bands, IMO. the new album took me a few spins - pretty different sounding stuff. next thing you know, I'm playing it all the time. very solid.

Late to the party here.

Just listened to Attack and Release for the first time, and I was blown away. Can't wait to try out the rest!

A friend recommended I check them out, as I am heavy into the White Stripes, and she said they are like the White Stripes with more soul.

Great so far!!!!

:thumbup:

I like the 'Open Doors'.

.....was first introduced to them during their Blakroc project.

thought it was amazing , so much so that I was excited when "Brothers" came out.

It definetly did not dissapoint , my favorite "newish" rock band.

They are great live, but 80% of their sets sound the same as the album but with more energy. Id put them behind My Morning Jacket and Phish live, but TBK are in the top 5. Im not saying make 10 AM automatic an 8 minute song, but jamming more songs out a bit would do them wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, just heard these guys on XPN today for the first time 0 song was "next girl" - I dig it... a lot.

Jaysus said:
Ok, just heard these guys on XPN today for the first time 0 song was "next girl" - I dig it... a lot.
Pick up the Brothers album and Attack and Release. They won't disappoint. A couple of the early albums sorta suck (OMG YOU ARNT SUPOSED TO SAYU THAT, U R SUPOSD TO SAY THE NEW ALBUMZ R AWSOME BUT THEY SOLD OUT), but these guys are now phenomenal.

Jaysus said:
Pick up the Brothers album and Attack and Release. They won't disappoint. A couple of the early albums sorta suck (OMG YOU ARNT SUPOSED TO SAYU THAT, U R SUPOSD TO SAY THE NEW ALBUMZ R AWSOME BUT THEY SOLD OUT), but these guys are now phenomenal.
:goodposting: Gracias iAmagio!

Jaysus said:
:goodposting: Gracias iAmagio!
Early stuff was good too

:goodposting:

The older albums are as good as the new ones IMO.Jaysus likes Waylon Jennings. The old stuff will be right up his alley.

The older albums are as good as the new ones IMO.Jaysus likes Waylon Jennings. The old stuff will be right up his alley.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread