What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Colonblow Diaries (1 Viewer)

That's it? I read 11 pages of posts the past day for this ending? With those writing skills, you could have gone fiction on us and pulled it off. Viv, your selfishness is only rivaled by your literary prowess.

With the one year anniversary of our girl Vivian's embarkment on his trip coming up, I thought this deserved a nice little bump.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the one year anniversary of our girl Vivian's embarkment on his trip coming up, I thought this deserved a nice little bump.
It scares the hell out of me that you had this marked on your calendar.
:rotflmao: No no. I honestly can't even think why I was searching for this and then saw the first post date and noticed it was near.

This was a good read, moreso for the wordsmith talents of VDB. I find a lot of these diaries end in early departures, it does take a little resolve to stick it out. Hunger and cravings have not been too bad, I think the good early results I have seen have overshadowed any selfish desires to eat solid food.

I find the key to the cleanse is the internal saltwater flush - where you drink a quart of saltwater to perform the flush, the laxative tea did not do much for me in terms of output but that saltwater is the cure for any constipation that ails you - I never peed out my poop chute before. Take the tea before you go to bed to work overnight, then wake up 2 hours before having to leave the house and chug 1 quart of saltwater (a lot harder then it sounds). From advice read on the net I bought Celtic Sea Salt expensive stuff - $8.39 for 8 ounces.

Currently I am on Day 4, I should be able to take it to 8 days before I begin the 3 day cooldown that is required to get off the diet - I would go 10 days, but want to be able to party on my b-day.

Day 0: 210.4

Day 1: 206.8 - 20 min. of cardio and 20 minutes weight training in the morning, lax tea taken at night

Day 2: 200.8 - includes 2 hours of cardio playing soccer the night before

Day 3: 200.2 - 1st day of the saltwater flush - taken in the morning 2h before weigh in - also no workout since soccer, muscles still sore from getting beat up in the pickup game - surprisingly energy has not been much of a problem, will go to the gym after work today

Each day I took three 30oz servings of the lemonade:

~4 tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup

2 fresh squeezed lemons (going to pickup some limes today to mix it up)

1.5 dash of cayenne pepper

1/4 filled with hot water, the rest with cold water

@ 200 calories per serving that brings total caloric intake to 600 calories per day

Today I am going to up my water intake, the one thing I cut back on yesterday was water, probably because my system was "hungry" after the 2h cardio session the night before. Btw - last solid dump was the morning of Day 1.

Cooldown Cycle

This won't start until Wednesday, June 8th:

1st day of cooldown is just squeezed OJ (diluted at first)

2nd day is more OJ with some soup broth

3rd day more OJ, some soup, and a salad for dinner

4th day they say you should be able to go back to eating as normal

Supplies Update

...Master Cleanser diets for the entire eastern seaboard for the remainder of the year.
I remember laughing histerically at this statement after envisioning fecal level meters going ballistic at water treatment plants from Maine to Miami. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was mowing the lawn last night and reminiscing about some of the classic FFA posts of the past couple years, Viv's Colonblow Diaries among them. (A few others: "Crapped the Ceiling!"; "Goalpost"; "Bag Your Own Groceries?".)Thought about bumping them all at once for a "blast from the past" bonanza...but by the time I'd put the mower in the shed, I'd forgotten all about it.Thanks for bumping it. :thumbup:

Day 0: 210.4Day 1: 206.8 Day 2: 200.8 Day 3: 200.2 Day 4: 199.0 (only took two 30 oz servings yesterday - the minimum)Hardest freaking part about this is trying to chug a QUART of salt water, blech.

It seems like day 3 or day 4 is when you inevitably get sick of this stuff. I wonder if you're just digesting old food for the first few days. :X

Day 0: 210.4

Day 1: 206.8

Day 2: 200.8

Day 3: 200.2

Day 4: 199.0 (only took two 30 oz servings yesterday - the minimum)

Hardest freaking part about this is trying to chug a QUART of salt water, blech.
Day 5: no weigh in (at the beach)Day 6: 198.2

Cravings are getting much worse - no hunger though just when I see, smell or hear people talk about tasty vittles. Kinda disappointed with the weight loss results - don't get me wrong I realize this is not intended as a diet, merely considered a side effect - at least my system is getting "clean" before I whoop it up next weekend. As far as the "solution" I actually got used to it - I find it helps to fill up smaller bottles rather then the honking 30 oz'r, probably for psychological reasons. I am crapping out some very dark brown #### and considering I have not eaten in close to a week I think it is safe to assume that was my junk stored away in the trunk. Did not have time to do the salt water flush this morning, seems like #### is coming out on it's own - with tomorrow being the last full day (only 8 days for me) I will be sure to chug my quart o saltwater before work. The whole process has been kinda spiritual, it really gives you an appreciation for food - sort of a respect if you will. I have been going through similar thought processes of diaries I have read about this, I am already considering what my first real meal will be, it will probably consist of buffalo wings and thick potatoe wedges with LOTS of ranch dressing and maybe a little blue cheese for variety, come to think of it I may have to cut this cleanse short half a day to ensure I can eat them by Friday night.

The whole process has been kinda spiritual, it really gives you an appreciation for food - sort of a respect if you will.
I dont need to starve myself for a week to appreciatwe the importance of tasty, scrumptous, tantalizing vittles :o

I am actually beginning the cycle off of it, I want to hit the gym and lift weights and I think the lack of protein in this "diet" is not a good thing. Also I want to be damn sure I can go back to eating whatever I want come this weekend without getting sick or an upset tummy.1st day only diluted OJ - 2 fresh squeezed Oranges = 8 oz of juice + 22 oz of spring water.

I only made it 4.5 days on the Colonblow. I had to stop in order to drink beer and eat wings during the NCAA BBall Championship game (thanks again BigBottom!).The saltwater chug in the morning is straight nasty. You almost have to sit on the pot and chug it down it goes through you that fast.I lost like 5 lbs. in 4.5 days on it. This is not a "diet" for weight loss as it will come back.

RIP Alias?
I bailed on Monday, when I found out I only lost like another 2 lb over the weekend, I said this is not for me, I was expecting to drop 20+ pounds a result of this cleanse. I do feel great though. It did increase my appreciation for food both in taste and in reducing the mass quantities I ate previously.

RIP Alias?
I bailed on Monday, when I found out I only lost like another 2 lb over the weekend, I said this is not for me, I was expecting to drop 20+ pounds a result of this cleanse. I do feel great though. It did increase my appreciation for food both in taste and in reducing the mass quantities I ate previously.
Interestingly, I ate about 3 lbs. of wings and had 5 or so beers the night I bailed.

oh btw - still at (-12) on the scale, I do not expect to gain it back, I went a little overboard the 1st weekend of the summer with my eating. I am playing soccer again tonight (2h) and hope to knock another pound or two off my belly before the weekend.

RIP Alias?
Interestingly, I ate about 3 lbs. of wings and had 5 or so beers the night I bailed.
I still have not had anything to drink, that will change this weekend - my tolerance may be a little lower then before, but that is not a bad thing - just means fewer calories that I will be taking in to get the same buzzzzz.

regarding the cycle off, it was not as harsh as I expected:Day 1: Nothing but fresh squeezed OJ for the first half of the day (80% water initially then 40%) - no problems.Lunch - large Chicken soup with corn and potatoes - eaten very slowly and carefully - chewing as much of it as possible before swallowing, again no problems.Dinner - half of a small pizza at pizzeria uno (chicken & wild mushroom) - had the other half for lunch the next day. Went to sleep early (like 8PM) not sure if I was tired from the weekend or my body needing time to digest all the new stuff in my system, slept the whole night until I had to wake up for work the next day - no ill effects.It could have just been since I only did for 6 full days instead of the requisite 10 days, was why I was able to cycle off so easily.Day 2 - pretty much back to normal, had more OJ for breakfast.

I didnt have any GI issues when I went back to solid food. I didn't do any intermediate steps either.Took about a day though to start ####ting right.

I didn't laugh at anything here.Proving yet again I have a totally bizarre sense of humor.

Just spent the last hour re-reading this :thumbup:Wondering... has anyone done both the Master Cleanse (of VD fame) AND the ColonBlow (24 hour cleanse)?Curious as to the differences in results...

So who made it the longest on this?And has anyone ever tried the Christian Bale/Machinst diet of a can of tuna and an apple every day?

I only made it 4.5 days on the Colonblow. I had to stop in order to drink beer and eat wings during the NCAA BBall Championship game (thanks again BigBottom!).

The saltwater chug in the morning is straight nasty. You almost have to sit on the pot and chug it down it goes through you that fast.

I lost like 5 lbs. in 4.5 days on it. This is not a "diet" for weight loss as it will come back.
Just saw this for the first time. My pleasure Z.By the way, there was a fairly hot (though young) chick flirting with Z quite a bit at the bar. He played it way cool.

Just spent the last hour re-reading this :thumbup:

Wondering... has anyone done both the Master Cleanse (of VD fame) AND the ColonBlow (24 hour cleanse)?

Curious as to the differences in results...
I've done the Colonblow 24 hr diet a number of times. When I would order it I would order 3 packs of it. I would try and do it once a month. The first time I did it I was pretty amazed at some of the crapola that came out of me. I did it the aggressive way which means three meals of Colonblow. 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch, and 1 for dinner. You can get three meals out of one pack of Colonblow.I mixed it in water and late that night and first thing in the morning I would unload a seriously funky ball of poop. I didn't have the petrified black ribbon of stuff in the pictures but I unloaded some funky looking stuff.

I am curious about the Master Cleanse. Anybody here done it successfully?

I only made it 4.5 days on the Colonblow. I had to stop in order to drink beer and eat wings during the NCAA BBall Championship game (thanks again BigBottom!).

The saltwater chug in the morning is straight nasty. You almost have to sit on the pot and chug it down it goes through you that fast.

I lost like 5 lbs. in 4.5 days on it. This is not a "diet" for weight loss as it will come back.
The Colonblow diet is only 1 day. What do you mean 4.5 days?

Can you explain the goal here and where you got your info.

Is this a diet or colon cleansing or both?

Did the cayenne cause any burning upon exit?
Yes.I got my info from this message board. I mostly pieced it together from bits of posts by guys with wacky screen names and goofy avatars. Rumor had it that, after a Master Cleanse cycle...

A) I would feel youthful and robust again

B) I would lose some deal of weight, due to having shedded 20 year old fecal matter that had been clinging tenaciously to the sides of my colon

C) I would have poo that looked creepy and stank like death

At that point, I was sold, and in lieu of seeking medical opinion, I accepted on faith the ideology pushed by an alternative healer who has, so far as I know, only once been imprisoned for having killed a patient with his bogus medical advice.

Also, somebody said Howard Stern did it.

The cayenne pepper has yet to exit. Be assured that any stool-related discomfort will be disclosed in future entries.
I heard Dr. Drew being interviewed a few months ago and he said the colon cleansing is nonsense. It doesn't help or hurt anything. Anything weird you see is from the products you are ingesting.

I heard Dr. Drew being interviewed a few months ago and he said the colon cleansing is nonsense. It doesn't help or hurt anything. Anything weird you see is from the products you are ingesting.
That may be the case with colon cleansing. But the Master Cleanse is so much more :thumbup: .... why to do the MC

That may be the case with colon cleansing. But the Master Cleanse is so much more :thumbup: .... why to do the MC
I did this for about 7 days last year, and am contemplating it again this year.I really wanted the 10 foot long poop containing 10 year old red meat, but I don't think I did the cleanse for long enough.

I did drop about 10 lbs, and felt so energetic, it was great. It's like pressing the "reset" button on your body. Plus, when you fast, it really gives you an appreciation for chewable food. And you realize how mush crap you eat that you really don't need to survive...

highly recommended.

I heard Dr. Drew being interviewed a few months ago and he said the colon cleansing is nonsense.  It doesn't help or hurt anything.  Anything weird you see is from the products you are ingesting.
I did this for about 7 days last year, and am contemplating it again this year.I really wanted the 10 foot long poop containing 10 year old red meat, but I don't think I did the cleanse for long enough.

I did drop about 10 lbs, and felt so energetic, it was great. It's like pressing the "reset" button on your body. Plus, when you fast, it really gives you an appreciation for chewable food. And you realize how mush crap you eat that you really don't need to survive...

highly recommended.
I REALLY want to do this, but I'm not sure I could. I am completely addicted to food.

highly recommended.
I REALLY want to do this, but I'm not sure I could. I am completely addicted to food.
:goodposting:

I can't believe the number of intelligent people here that have fallen for "treatment" created by quacks without any scientific evidence.

That said, if it makes you feel good, by all means do it.

[Mr. Nasty,Jan 25 2004, 01:00 AM]Dissolves and eliminates toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body

Cleanses the kidneys and the digestive system

Purifies the glands and cells

Eliminates all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles

Builds a healthy blood stream

Relieves pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries and blood vessels
Alright, I am going to have to call BS (literally and figuratively) on some of this, right here, right now. I have a few questions that I would like someone to clarify because this just seems like a lot a new age, mumbo jumbo. Oh, you're absolutely wrong here. It doesn't seem like new age mumbo jumbo. It is 100% certified new age mumbo jumbo. How can I claim this with 100% certainty? See:

(All quotes taken from The Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs. Any added emphasis is my own)

When you learn to know my ways, my ways will be your ways, in tune with the universal principals of the fullness of living in harmony with the universal mind.

THE UNIVERSAL ONE Mortals, entering the New Age of Enlightenment, have the God given right to be completely free from all diseases. This means that the standards, in the past, to exist and be retained with newer and more deadly diseases to develop, flourish and expand as newer and more deadly drugs and chemicals with weird attempts at carving out and into the body, are added to the medical arsenal, must be vacated for the Natural Divine Art of Healing.
New age bull#### #1. Note the use of the phrase "New Age." Duh?
For the novice and the advanced student alike, cleansing is basic for elimination of every kind of disease. The purpose of this book is to simplify the cause and the correction of all disorders, regardless of the name or names. As we eliminate and correct one disease, we correct them all, for every disease is corrected by the same process of cleansing and building positive good health.
Yes, it's the only cure-all you'll ever need, folks! Mumbo jumo bull#### #1. Note claim to cure anything.
At last the basic cause of disease is no longer a mystery. The basic cause is the habits of improper diet, inadequate exercise, negative mental attitudes, and lack of spiritual attunement, which combine to produce toxic conditions and malfunction of our bodies.
That's right, you eat bad and sit on your ### all day, you get hepatitis. Who doesn't believe that correlation? What, are you thinking what I'm thinking? "Germ Theory of Disease?" Ha! Burroughs has that covered as well:
Germs and viruses do not and cannot cause any of our diseases, so we have no need for finding various kinds of poisons to destroy them.
Mumbo jumbo #2. Note claim that goes against rigorous scientific Theory.
Do you think that if an insignificant, microscopic microbe can appear and make you sick when you were well and strong, that you have any possibility of getting strong enough to throw them off at any time thereafter? Do you think that any destructive poisons can make it possible for you to get well and faster? All diseases, regardless of their names, come within this understanding as only varied expressions of the one disease of toxemia.
Well, I guess it could be just a coincidence that smallpox was eradicated after the discovery and use of penicillin, right? Mumbo jumbo #3. Note author's reference to life-saving antibiotics as "destructive poisons."
Since germs do not cause our disorders, there must be another logical reason for the triggering of an epidemic. This is a matter of simple “vibration.” The better the physical and mental condition a person is in, the higher becomes his vibration, but as he steadily becomes clogged with more and more waste matter, his vibration goes constantly downward until he is ready and in need of a change.
New age #2. Note use the phrase 'vibration.' New agers love 'vibration'
Lemons and limes are the richest source of minerals and vitamins of any food or foods known to man, and they are available the year round.
Mumbo jumbo #4. Just total bull####. Nutritional information for a lemon: Serving size 1 medium (58g)

Calories 20

Total Fat 0g

Sodium 10mg

Total Carbohydrate 6g

Dietary Fiber 1g

Protein 0g

% of U.S. RDA

Vitamin A 0%

Calcium 2%

Vitamin C 35%

Iron 0%

Compare this to broccoli:

Serving size 1 med. Stalk (140g)

Calories 50

Total Fat 0.5g

Sodium 70mg

Total Carbohydrate 9g

Dietary Fiber 4g

Protein 4g

% of U.S. RDA

Vitamin A 10%

Calcium 6%

Vitamin C 200%

Iron 4%

Whoops, I guess lemons aren't the "richest source of vitamins and minerals known to man" and broccoli was just off the top of my head. Of course, broccoli doesn't go as well with grade B maple syrup and cayenne pepper. On the other hand, lemons don't go as well with butter or melted cheese.

To be fair, each tablespoon of maple syrup adds 2% of your daily calcium and 1% of your daily potassium along with "small amounts of iron and phosphorous, and trace amounts of B vitamins. " Still, this winning combination hardly seems to be as vitamin and mineral packed as the author claims.

Correct food, reflex stimulation, and color therapy will assure the mother all the milk she needs for her baby.
(This from a section on giving the lemonade to babies)Mumbo jumbo #5. Note reference to "color therapy." Color therapy says that each color vibrates(there's that vibrating again, New Age #3) at a specific frequency that matches the frequency that parts of our bodies vibrate at. :wacko:

After dedicating a goodly share of my past life in perfection and simplifying a system of healing that is completely free from error and side effects at a very low cost I was forced to overcome many difficult obstacles that often threatened to stop me but I persisted in spite of the Medical and legal attacks. I was told in each case—I was doing to much good and to keep me from giving the help that solved their health problems I was sent to prison so I couldn’ t help any one any more.
What a shame that he can't help anyone anymore. After all, his quacky therapies only killed one person. What's one person against all of the victims of modern medicine!?Final tally: 5 points Mumbo Jumbo, 3 points New Age, 0 points good medicine. :(

GB New Agers

:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread