What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Covid Relief Bill (2 Viewers)

McMahon said the federal aid is so large that

“There’s no need now for a tax increase in New York,” said EJ McMahon of the Empire Center for Public Policy.

He said the income tax on the wealthy proposed by Cuomo as part of his executive budget plan is “no longer necessary.” It it’s enough to avoid tax hikes for the next two fiscal years.

Shumer took care of his own.  No wonder there is so much distrust in our government. "Meet the new boss...same as the old boss"  "We won`t get fooled again"
Isn’t this money available to all States? 

In PA, I would have made $2100/mnth on normal unemployment plus another $2400 for the Fed addition.  My take home after taxes on a salary over $75K is much less than that.  Nearly 50% of all Americans make less than $75K.  
In AZ the maximum weekly unemployment payout is $240 a week. That federal unemployment stimulus was greatly needed here.

The red states and Republicans should take a stand here. Stick it to the Democrats and refuse any of this relief money not Covid related for the sake of the deficit.
Quiet, please.

On Tuesday Gov. Greg Gianforte said that by June 27 Montana will end its participation in the federal supplemental unemployment benefit program that provides the jobless with an additional $300 a week through September. Congress enacted the bonus in its Covid legislation, but Mr. Gianforte believes it has become a disincentive to work. So do most economists.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/montana-to-feds-no-more-no-work-bonus-11620168446?mod=hp_opin_pos_2

There has been $5 trillion created completely out of thin air in the past year. Plus another $2 trillion or so coming soon for "infrastructure." Just think about those insane numbers...

Once that money gets fully into circulation following re-opening you're going to have major inflationary pressures in the next 12-18 months. And if the unemployment rate remains high it sets up perfectly for 1970's style stagflation.

That's going to be the narrative in 2022. And, if so, the public will trace it all back to excessive stimulus and blame the party currently in power.

Wow. I couldn’t disagree more with this. I think that in 2022 the stimulus will be even more popular than it is now. 

It’s a total disaster for Republicans. I suppose they can hope that @Stoneworkerwill be right and it will lead to inflation but to think that’s going to change public opinion, even if it happens, seems like really a long shot. 
Looking doubtful that "in 2022 the stimulus will be even more popular than it is now." GOP already using predictable inflationary pressures to shape narrative for 2022 midterms...

* Republicans have already drawn parallels between Biden and President Carter as inflation continues to seep into the public consciousness.

* The [GOP memo] "Tie Biden Agenda to Inflation," tells members to "explain to voters how inflation is Democrats’ hidden tax on the Middle Class."

* The memo is being sent Monday as members prepare to fly home to their districts this week for a three-week recess, beginning with the Memorial Day holiday.

* Banks and GOP leaders are hoping this messaging tactic can help them achieve their goal of taking back the House majority. 

https://www.axios.com/house-republicans-memo-inflation-biden-economy-661449b2-6bae-4e00-86bc-77ed8e373291.html

Users who are viewing this thread