What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Cure" Best Song (1 Viewer)

"The Cure" Best Song

• Friday I'm In Love

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Why Can't I Be You

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • In Between Days

• Just Like Heaven

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Lovesong

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Pictures Of You

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Close To Me

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • A Forest

• Boys Don't Cry

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters
Went with Just Like Heaven. "Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick, The one that makes me scream she said" was forever my favorite lyric to any song.

For the obligatory "Other" mentioned, "Burn" is probably the song of theirs that I have listed to the most. The Crow was everything I needed in 1994 and that song was front and center.

His voice always kept them out of my regular rotation, but it's impossible to ignore the talent.

Give me that ESPN lone wolf hat because 'Why Can't I Be You' just has an infectious beat that makes me happy

This is easy for me.
Just Like Heaven is one of 3 vinyl records i am getting buried with. The layers on this track are just amazing.
Theres a youtube thread discussing it, but i couldnt be bothered looking

The chvrches do a great cover of it when they did a few gigs with Robert Smith in the last few years. They added even more synth so it was just even more fantastic.
I don't know if this is it but I just spent 10 minutes watching this breakdown of all the parts to this song. All of them are tremendous. Just a perfect pop song.

Went with Just Like Heaven. "Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick, The one that makes me scream she said" was forever my favorite lyric to any song.

For the obligatory "Other" mentioned, "Burn" is probably the song of theirs that I have listed to the most. The Crow was everything I needed in 1994 and that song was front and center.
Burn is on my top 5 list. Amazing film, amazing soundtrack. (y)

This is easy for me.
Just Like Heaven is one of 3 vinyl records i am getting buried with. The layers on this track are just amazing.
Theres a youtube thread discussing it, but i couldnt be bothered looking

The chvrches do a great cover of it when they did a few gigs with Robert Smith in the last few years. They added even more synth so it was just even more fantastic.
I don't know if this is it but I just spent 10 minutes watching this breakdown of all the parts to this song. All of them are tremendous. Just a perfect pop song.
Yep. Thats the one

From the list went with A Forest, but would probably pick Fascination Street or From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea depending on the day. Hope they do a US tour, saw them in 2016 and were as amazing as ever. Great thread!

Hell, the whole Disintegration album is a masterpiece. I listened to it a million times probably growing up. (Full length version of Pictures of You is in my personal top 10 songs of all time.)
I'm in this camp.

From the list I'd go with Pictures of You but my "other" vote is for Prayers For Rain. Fascination Street is high on my list too.
Huge "prayers for rain" fan.

The cure (and Robert Smith) are such a great band between the poppy hits and the songs that are so beautiful you want to kill yourself to them...

Killing an Arab is pretty underrated as well even though now it is not a politically correct song...

From the list went with A Forest, but would probably pick Fascination Street or From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea depending on the day. Hope they do a US tour, saw them in 2016 and were as amazing as ever. Great thread!
Roger O’ Donnell indicated they would decide on a North American tour after the current European tour is over. He’s pretty confident it will happen and start in early Summer.

Roger O’ Donnell indicated they would decide on a North American tour after the current European tour is over. He’s pretty confident it will happen and start in early Summer.
Saw the 2016 tour and it was at a small outdoor venue in Downtown Miami. Top 10 concert all time for me. Can't wait for them to come back over.

Nine votes came in..

Times On ListScore12345
1Just Like Heaven8302411
2Pictures Of You518212
3A Forest6141212
4Fascination Street310111
5In Between Days39111
6Lovesong39111
7A Letter To Elise2711
8Charlotte Sometims151
9Disintegration151
10Burn141