What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Do keep us posted.
Definitely.

Who doesn't root for a ticket scalper?
Capitalism, no? There's a risk of losing money.
ticket scalpers are scumbags - plain and simple.
No different than what the financial industry has been doing to Americans for decades.

Making money just moving electronic money a million times a day is not exactly productive to society as a whole.

Just saw this headline.

An estimated 31 million people reportedly registered for Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour tickets in Toronto, Canada.
:jawdrop:
Population of Canada around 40 million.
Fans are definitely willing to travel out of country. One of my wife’s friends put in for tickets for Liverpool next year, and got them.

Now planning a family vacation to the UK next year and my wife will make that part of the itinerary (I’ve never been to the UK, and was high on a list of possible destinations anyway).

Just saw this headline.

An estimated 31 million people reportedly registered for Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour tickets in Toronto, Canada.
Fans are definitely willing to travel out of country. One of my wife’s friends put in for tickets for Liverpool next year, and got them.

Now planning a family vacation to the UK next year and my wife will make that part of the itinerary (I’ve never been to the UK, and was high on a list of possible destinations anyway).
I didn't mean to imply all 31 million were Canadian just thought that number was astronomical.
Also, getting the impression that 28 million may not be actual people.

Just saw this headline.

This demonstrates what I have said for a while, which is that demand for this tour is unlike anything we have seen in our lifetimes (not counting those who were alive for the Beatles or Elvis). If you aren't following the tour or her, it is easy to roll your eyes and move on, but it's crazy how high the demand is for this.

Just saw this headline.

This demonstrates what I have said for a while, which is that demand for this tour is unlike anything we have seen in our lifetimes (not counting those who were alive for the Beatles or Elvis). If you aren't following the tour or her, it is easy to roll your eyes and move on, but it's crazy how high the demand is for this.
My wife is an Elementary principal.

She said a handful of teachers were carpooling 3 hours to see her in Kansas City and talked about it for weeks.

I've never heard of grown adults doing stuff like that for a concert. It's got a Super Bowl like buzz.

This country is desperate for something, that's for sure. It only worries me, frankly. There really isn't much positive in this level of celebrity worship.

Think this group in particular needs to go to their doctor and get checked for low T.
I think her music is pretty good, but I wouldn't pay more than $100 to go to a concert.

Look, I'm not here to define masculinity or anything, but there's some sort of phenomenon that happens when women meet performative alpha males or females. They tend to congregate and flock and shriek and faint. Or do the emotional equivalent with women if they're heterosexual. (They generally aren't totally straight. Women, that is.)

Look at the Beatles. Jesus, can women ever faint. And I've never heard noises like I've heard coming from a city like when Justin Bieber was in town. It was insane. Swift draws a sisterly reaction that is very similar. Women's wants, women's needs, women's trials and tribulations and events. They're all relationships or about relationships.

Do with that as you will. Biology is the cruelest mistress after all.

Last edited:
And it's only sexist, IMO, if you denigrate that or deny its power. It's rather fierce, actually. That sort of energy is not something to condescend to because it moves mountains and starts wars. It's as crazy as your average guy sitting there wishing Oppenheimer was an action flick (they're joking about it in the other thread).

True Story that happened yesterday....

-Mrs is at a work retreat which she spearheads and one of her co-workers that she oversees, in the middle of this woman who was speaking to everyone, the co-worker decides to go to the back of the room to log on to a laptop in order to get in line to order Taylor Swift tickets at some foreign location she is traveling to later this year.

Part of me was impressed as I heard this but I know it didn't sit right with the other executives who work with my wife putting the retreat together. Obviously this woman valued a couple of Swift tickets a lot more than anything going on at the work retreat.

My wife had "Mocktails" and I think it created a party like atmosphere where folks felt free to do as they like, part of the experience is to make it not feel like a regular work day. That feels like human nature but I feel a potential consequence/punishment coming this woman's way. I wish i could tell you a lot more about the woman buying the Swift tickets, she's not that young fyi, astonishing that a woman in her Late 40s-early 50s is this obsessed with Taylor Swift.

True Story that happened yesterday....

-Mrs is at a work retreat which she spearheads and one of her co-workers that she oversees, in the middle of this woman who was speaking to everyone, the co-worker decides to go to the back of the room to log on to a laptop in order to get in line to order Taylor Swift tickets at some foreign location she is traveling to later this year.

Part of me was impressed as I heard this but I know it didn't sit right with the other executives who work with my wife putting the retreat together. Obviously this woman valued a couple of Swift tickets a lot more than anything going on at the work retreat.

My wife had "Mocktails" and I think it created a party like atmosphere where folks felt free to do as they like, part of the experience is to make it not feel like a regular work day. That feels like human nature but I feel a potential consequence/punishment coming this woman's way. I wish i could tell you a lot more about the woman buying the Swift tickets, she's not that young fyi, astonishing that a woman in her Late 40s-early 50s is this obsessed with Taylor Swift.
I did the same thing - we had week long training in Michigan when Taylor Swift tickets went on sale. I logged in and got in the queue. We had a conversation about my daughter in college and other concerts that people were seeing. The work environment you described doesn't seem very supportive. This was a "retreat"? Different work cultures I guess.

I did the same thing - we had week long training in Michigan when Taylor Swift tickets went on sale. I logged in and got in the queue. We had a conversation about my daughter in college and other concerts that people were seeing. The work environment you described doesn't seem very supportive. This was a "retreat"? Different work cultures I guess.
I think this work retreat was in Pyongyang, if that helps.

This is my favorite song of hers.

Dafuq is it even about? I just read the lyrics. The only person who knows what she's talking has to be the guy. I'm clueless about what happened other than that the words "champagne problems" got used a lot.
"Champagne Problems" (stylized in all lowercase) is a song by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift for her ninth studio album Evermore (2020). She wrote the song with Joe Alwyn, who is credited under the pseudonym William Bowery, and produced it with Aaron Dessner. "Champagne Problems" is a lo-fi tune driven by oom-pah piano and a guitar riff. Lyrically, the song is a sentimental ballad written from the perspective of a troubled girlfriend who turns down her lover's earnest marriage proposal due to her not feeling ready. It depicts a narrator taking responsibility for the breakup and mourning the faded relationship.

I'm probably the only one here but I couldn't name one song of hers. Googled her top hits and listened to a couple....helps me understand the general sentiment around here that the NFL sucks.

Dafuq is it even about? I just read the lyrics. The only person who knows what she's talking has to be the guy. I'm clueless about what happened other than that the words "champagne problems" got used a lot.
"Champagne Problems" (stylized in all lowercase) is a song by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift for her ninth studio album Evermore (2020). She wrote the song with Joe Alwyn, who is credited under the pseudonym William Bowery, and produced it with Aaron Dessner. "Champagne Problems" is a lo-fi tune driven by oom-pah piano and a guitar riff. Lyrically, the song is a sentimental ballad written from the perspective of a troubled girlfriend who turns down her lover's earnest marriage proposal due to her not feeling ready. It depicts a narrator taking responsibility for the breakup and mourning the faded relationship.
It's also worth noting that Champagne Problems is a fictional narrative (Taylor has stated that it was fun on both Folklore and Evermore to create characters and write fictional stories about them, which the vast majority of songs from both are). It doesn't surprise that those who don't want to like it, won't like it, but it's clear that many do love it. It's a deep cut, never a single or anything like that, yet the fans cheer for it like it's her biggest hit ever.

It's also worth noting that Champagne Problems is a fictional narrative (Taylor has stated that it was fun on both Folklore and Evermore to create characters and write fictional stories about them, which the vast majority of songs from both are). It doesn't surprise that those who don't want to like it, won't like it, but it's clear that many do love it. It's a deep cut, never a single or anything like that, yet the fans cheer for it like it's her biggest hit ever.
I thought I was alone in it being one of my favorites from her. Didn't seem to get much airplay compared to her other songs. Was unaware that her fans consider it to be her best.

But did you listen to it? I'm sure if you listened to the whole song you would instantly recognize her greatness. But you have to make it through the whole song.

Music is very subjective. I like all types (even some country).

Ok, the wife and I sat down watched the Eras tour on youtube the other day. I don't get it. It was not good. I don't find her music enjoyable nor do I find her enjoyable. I'm not a country music fan but watching Carrie Underwood is at least entertaining.

I thought I was alone in it being one of my favorites from her. Didn't seem to get much airplay compared to her other songs. Was unaware that her fans consider it to be her best.
Well, it was never a single or hit, so the casual fans do not gravitate towards it like the non-casual fans do, but the reactions it has gotten on this tour speaks volumes. I am not saying fans consider it her absolute best, as I am sure that list is long for many, and I suspect All Too Well would still stand firm at the very top, but it's clearly a major favorite. When I first got into her thanks to the Folklore and Evermore albums, it was definitely one I took notice of pretty quickly.

Given that a lot more guys listen to her than they used to, Taylor is probably making even more new male fans by showing up to a Chiefs game. She is super smart like that. :P

Will Kelce be added to this list and what will it say?!?!?! Tune in to E! news later....

Will Kelce be added to this list and what will it say?!?!?! Tune in to E! news later....

You may be Mr. Touchdown
but you let my heart down
and score no points with meeeeee

I'm probably the only one here but I couldn't name one song of hers. Googled her top hits and listened to a couple....helps me understand the general sentiment around here that the NFL sucks.
I sort of know one song of hers. I have the tune in my head, but can't remember the words or the title.

if she keeps gettings kids to register to vote ...

I'm going to be her biggest fan

Allow me to continue to be the thread curmudgeon.

A participatory democracy is only served when the citizens are firm enough in character and education ascendant enough to lead to informed decisions. I fear that registering people just to register them when their opinions might be uninformed is not necessarily a recipe for good. It is simply a recipe for action.

Or, to put it more colloquially and more football or concert-like, putting fannies in the seats to chant and yell won't suffice, it's the result of what they do that matters.

I don't disagree rock, but as we teeter towards that subject we're not supposed to talk about ...

I'm going to believe you have seen that particular set of middle-aged and older group that those kids would be voting against.

if she keeps gettings kids to register to vote ...

I'm going to be her biggest fan

Allow me to continue to be the thread curmudgeon.

A participatory democracy is only served when the citizens are firm enough in character and education ascendant enough to lead to informed decisions. I fear that registering people just to register them when their opinions might be uninformed is not necessarily a recipe for good. It is simply a recipe for action.

Or, to put it more colloquially and more football or concert-like, putting fannies in the seats to chant and yell won't suffice, it's the result of what they do that matters.
Honestly, how is their vote any more or less important than 75 year old sitting in the backwoods of Alabama (or any other state - not picking on Alabama) who has no exposure to the world and watches fox news all day? You think their vote is more worthy?

Honestly, how is their vote any more or less important than 75 year old sitting in the backwoods of Alabama (or any other state - not picking on Alabama) who has no exposure to the world and watches fox news all day? You think their vote is more worthy?

No, I don't. But "new" and "energized" voters who came to the game late give me pause. And I think I won't sidetrack the thread any further away from our flaxen-haired vunderkind.

You may be Mr. Touchdown
but you let my heart down
and score no points with meeeeee

THAT'S GOLD, JERRY. GOLD!

Users who are viewing this thread