What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (1 Viewer)

I like Lana. I don’t understand why you need to rip Taylor when you praise Lana.

I actually really like their collaboration.
Yep, Lana has some great stuff. Her new album is very good.

I am a fan of both, so I don't feel the need to take one down to support the other. It's music, not a race. :cool:

I don't know. I remember somebody in the wrestling thread saying that grown men liking professional wrestling was very Peter Pan-ish. I feel the same way about grown men who listen to Taylor Swift fervently.

Clap for Tinkerbell!

I don't know. I remember somebody in the wrestling thread saying that grown men liking professional wrestling was very Peter Pan-ish. I feel the same way about grown men who listen to Taylor Swift fervently.

Clap for Tinkerbell!

I used to feel this way. Then I had a daughter. That not only softened me up but got me to appreciate a whole genre of music I used to chastise and deride.

Not every artist making music needs to be Bob Dylan for me to appreciate them. I think Swift is a better songwriter than you're giving her credit for by I admit you have at least 86 IQ points on me. I just think Swift's music sounds good.

Lana is outstanding too. Think I'll listen to her and fold laundry today.

I used to feel this way. Then I had a daughter. That not only softened me up but got me to appreciate a whole genre of music I used to chastise and deride.

Not every artist making music needs to be Bob Dylan for me to appreciate them. I think Swift is a better songwriter than you're giving her credit for by I admit you have at least 86 IQ points on me. I just think Swift's music sounds good.

Lana is outstanding too. Think I'll listen to her and fold laundry today.

I honestly don't begrudge anybody listening to her. I listen to plenty of artists with less to say than Swift, too. You're right -- not everybody need be Dylan.

I guess my last comment needn't have been spoken, really. I just wanted to be honest about a sneaking feeling I get for some reason. But it's probably inaccurate, too.

By the way, I don't think I have any IQ points on you, GM. You understand financial stuff I could never begin to comprehend. That's truth. I still, for the life of me, cannot understand the logistics of a put or a call. Just doesn't click. You have that knowledge in spades, man.

Peace.

She is shattering records left and right for touring, and you don't do that by appealing to just women. Her fanbase is much broader than many realize. Hell, JJ Watt, a big tough football player, posted after going to one of the first shows in Arizona about how amazing the show was.

Well well well....who's "The Man" now?

Taylor Swift didn't sign $100 million FTX sponsorship because she was the only one to ask about unregistered securities, lawyer says​

• Taylor Swift pulled out of a $100 million sponsorship deal with Sam Bankman-Fried's FTX.
  • A lawyer suing celebrities for promoting FTX says Swift alone asked about unregistered securities.
  • Both Tom Brady and Stephen Curry are being sued for endorsing the now-bankrupt crypto exchange.
Taylor Swift avoided signing a $100 million sponsorship deal with FTX because she was the only celebrity to question the crypto exchange, according to the lawyer handling a class-action lawsuit against several FTX promoters.

Adam Moskowitz appeared on "The Scoop" podcast to discuss the lawsuit, and said that the plaintiffs are seeking over $5 billion from FTX's celebrity endorsers, including Shaquille O'Neal, Tom Brady, and Larry David.

The lawyer alleged that celebrities didn't do their due diligence to check whether FTX was breaking the law. "The one person I found that did that was Taylor Swift," Moskowitz told The Scoop's Frank Chaparro, adding that Swift pulled out of the deal and never promoted the now-bankrupt exchange

The singer – whose father used to work for Merrill Lynch – began discussing the $100 million-tour sponsorship with FTX in the fall of 2021, per the Financial Times.

The terms included selling tickets as NFTs, although FTX marketing staff told the Times that "no one really liked the deal" and they thought it was "too expensive from the beginning."

"In our discovery, Taylor Swift actually asked them: 'Can you tell me that these are not unregistered securities?'" Moskowitz said.

A security is a tradeable asset that holds value, like a stock or a bond. All securities that are offered and sold in the US must be registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In a complaint against FTX executives last December, the SEC said the company's cryptocurrency, FTT, is classified as a security because it was sold as an investment contract. It was not appropriately registered, however.

Moskowitz's lawsuit, therefore, accuses the celebrities of promoting an unregistered security and seeks to recover damages for customers who lost money after FTX filed for bankruptcy last November.

"In order to induce confidence and to drive consumers to invest in what was ultimately a Ponzi scheme," the suit claims that the defendants "made numerous misrepresentations and omissions."

The crypto exchange imploded last November after concerns that the commingling of funds with its sister firm, Alameda, led to mass-customer withdrawals. It didn't have enough money to fulfill that demand, partly due to lavish spending and a $65 billion line of credit, lawyers said.

Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder and former CEO of FTX, was arrested in the Bahamas a month later and faces over 100 years in prison if found guilty of charges including securities fraud, money laundering, and bribery.

Representatives for Swift did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider. A spokesperson for Bankman-Fried declined to comment.

Well well well....who's "The Man" now?

Taylor Swift didn't sign $100 million FTX sponsorship because she was the only one to ask about unregistered securities, lawyer says​

• Taylor Swift pulled out of a $100 million sponsorship deal with Sam Bankman-Fried's FTX.
  • A lawyer suing celebrities for promoting FTX says Swift alone asked about unregistered securities.
  • Both Tom Brady and Stephen Curry are being sued for endorsing the now-bankrupt crypto exchange.
Taylor Swift avoided signing a $100 million sponsorship deal with FTX because she was the only celebrity to question the crypto exchange, according to the lawyer handling a class-action lawsuit against several FTX promoters.

Adam Moskowitz appeared on "The Scoop" podcast to discuss the lawsuit, and said that the plaintiffs are seeking over $5 billion from FTX's celebrity endorsers, including Shaquille O'Neal, Tom Brady, and Larry David.

The lawyer alleged that celebrities didn't do their due diligence to check whether FTX was breaking the law. "The one person I found that did that was Taylor Swift," Moskowitz told The Scoop's Frank Chaparro, adding that Swift pulled out of the deal and never promoted the now-bankrupt exchange

The singer – whose father used to work for Merrill Lynch – began discussing the $100 million-tour sponsorship with FTX in the fall of 2021, per the Financial Times.

The terms included selling tickets as NFTs, although FTX marketing staff told the Times that "no one really liked the deal" and they thought it was "too expensive from the beginning."

"In our discovery, Taylor Swift actually asked them: 'Can you tell me that these are not unregistered securities?'" Moskowitz said.

A security is a tradeable asset that holds value, like a stock or a bond. All securities that are offered and sold in the US must be registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In a complaint against FTX executives last December, the SEC said the company's cryptocurrency, FTT, is classified as a security because it was sold as an investment contract. It was not appropriately registered, however.

Moskowitz's lawsuit, therefore, accuses the celebrities of promoting an unregistered security and seeks to recover damages for customers who lost money after FTX filed for bankruptcy last November.

"In order to induce confidence and to drive consumers to invest in what was ultimately a Ponzi scheme," the suit claims that the defendants "made numerous misrepresentations and omissions."

The crypto exchange imploded last November after concerns that the commingling of funds with its sister firm, Alameda, led to mass-customer withdrawals. It didn't have enough money to fulfill that demand, partly due to lavish spending and a $65 billion line of credit, lawyers said.

Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder and former CEO of FTX, was arrested in the Bahamas a month later and faces over 100 years in prison if found guilty of charges including securities fraud, money laundering, and bribery.

Representatives for Swift did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider. A spokesperson for Bankman-Fried declined to comment.
That’s awesome. Hooray for Taylor!

I was there last night as well. Unreal show. I thought it was going to be great, and it still exceeded my expectations. Heck, even the friend who went with me, who is a rocker and only knew a handful of the hits going in, was blown away and said it was the best show he's ever seen.

My daughter had nosebleeds for the Atlanta show, and had the time of her life… that is until she uses her floor seats in LA this summer…

My daughter had nosebleeds for the Atlanta show, and had the time of her life… that is until she uses her floor seats in LA this summer…
In some ways, having nosebleeds is as good as being on the floor for this tour. We were up high, but not super high, and being up there allowed us to see a lot of stuff that you simply will not see if you are on the floor. There are a lot of effects going on on the catwalk and secondary stages that you can only see if you are elevated. The production of this tour is unlike anything I have ever seen.

In some ways, having nosebleeds is as good as being on the floor for this tour. We were up high, but not super high, and being up there allowed us to see a lot of stuff that you simply will not see if you are on the floor. There are a lot of effects going on on the catwalk and secondary stages that you can only see if you are elevated. The production of this tour is unlike anything I have ever seen.
Yeah, she mentioned that. And Mercedes Benz has phenomenal video boards, so she didn’t feel like she missed anything.

I was there last night as well. Unreal show. I thought it was going to be great, and it still exceeded my expectations. Heck, even the friend who went with me, who is a rocker and only knew a handful of the hits going in, was blown away and said it was the best show he's ever seen.
Taylor's 1989 World Tour stop in LSU Tiger Stadium was my first ever concert :bag: in 2012. I've been to probably 15-20 concerts since then in various venues including Mercedez Benz Stadium in ATL and Mercedez Benz SuperDome (no relation) in Nola and Taylor is still the best concert I've attended thus far, and it's not close. The whole production is just next level. Distant second was Garth Brooks in LSU Tiger Stadium this past year where it literally registered on the Richter scale when he performed Callin' Baton Rouge.

Last edited:
Rough night in Nashville last night, as heavy rains and threat of lightning delayed the start of the show. Taylor didn't take the stage till 10:30 am (vs the normal 8 pm) and still played her full set, with it lasting till 1:40 am. Whew, what a workout that had to have been both for fans and the performers, having to wait that out.

My first concert was Madonna in 1987 in the Orange Bowl. I've been to less than 5 in my life. It was a future b-day gift from a friend of mine, cost was $20 IIRC. I had a mini-infatuation with Madonna after watching Borderline. The 75,000 seat Orange Bowl was not quite filled on a rainy night where the rain ended just in time for the Queen of Pop. The setlist:
  1. Open Your Heart
  2. Lucky Star
  3. True Blue
  4. Papa Don't Preach
  5. White Heat
  6. Causing a Commotion
  7. The Look of Love
  8. Dress You Up
  9. Material Girl
  10. Like a Virgin
  11. Where's the Party
  12. Live to Tell
  13. Into the Groove
  14. La isla bonita
  15. Who's That Girl
  16. Holiday
Are tickets for Taylor's concerts really near $1k?

My first concert was Madonna in 1987 in the Orange Bowl. I've been to less than 5 in my life. It was a future b-day gift from a friend of mine, cost was $20 IIRC. I had a mini-infatuation with Madonna after watching Borderline. The 75,000 seat Orange Bowl was not quite filled on a rainy night where the rain ended just in time for the Queen of Pop. The setlist:
  1. Open Your Heart
  2. Lucky Star
  3. True Blue
  4. Papa Don't Preach
  5. White Heat
  6. Causing a Commotion
  7. The Look of Love
  8. Dress You Up
  9. Material Girl
  10. Like a Virgin
  11. Where's the Party
  12. Live to Tell
  13. Into the Groove
  14. La isla bonita
  15. Who's That Girl
  16. Holiday
Are tickets for Taylor's concerts really near $1k?
Secondary market yeah. And her set list was like 40 songs and played 3 nights in a row for 3 and a half hours.
Our tickets were like $125 each (face value) for upper level and added a parking pass too. Split among the 6 tickets it worked out to around $140 per person.

Was wondering why there was a ton of women wearing cowboy boots and cowboy hats and sparkly dresses all around midtown today.

Then it hit me - the Swifties are here. Playing the next 3 nights at MetLife.

Was wondering why there was a ton of women wearing cowboy boots and cowboy hats and sparkly dresses all around midtown today.

Then it hit me - the Swifties are here. Playing the next 3 nights at MetLife.
I heard that hairdressers, nail salons, and all things fashion make a killing when Taylor comes to town. She sold out SoFi 5 times and could've done even more.

My 4 favorite songs:

1. The 1
2. Willow
3. Betty
4. The Great War
My Tears Richochet has moved up this list with a bullet. Currently at #2.
Check out the Long Sessions version below. The Folklore version is great, but this is next level.

I’m going to try and go. Will see what resale looks like with the LA shows as it gets closer. Also seeing Ticketmaster is releasing some seats day off. Just have heard nothing but glowing reviews. Dave Portnoy’s review today from bed wearing all these friendship bracelets was hilarious

Asking ChicagoGuys for a little weather insight.
Will be at the Soldier Field show this Friday with the wife and daughter.
Forecast is high of 76, down to 65 or so when the show is ending.
How much cooler is it in the stadium being right on the lake?

Asking ChicagoGuys for a little weather insight.
Will be at the Soldier Field show this Friday with the wife and daughter.
Forecast is high of 76, down to 65 or so when the show is ending.
How much cooler is it in the stadium being right on the lake?
It’ll be fine. If you want, take a light jacket, but I doubt you’ll need it.
Plus the 50,000 people exhaling on you. It will be plenty warm

My 4 favorite songs:

1. The 1
2. Willow
3. Betty
4. The Great War
My Tears Richochet has moved up this list with a bullet. Currently at #2.
Check out the Long Sessions version below. The Folklore version is great, but this is next level.

Yep. That’s the version I meant. Incredible.

George Stephanopoulos said it was the best concert he's been to. He went with his wife and 17 & 20 year old daughters. George gussied up in a cowboy hat and glittered numbers, 13 & 21 on his hands! 13 is Taylor's lucky number. What is 21?

George Stephanopoulos said it was the best concert he's been to. He went with his wife and 17 & 20 year old daughters. George gussied up in a cowboy hat and glittered numbers, 13 & 21 on his hands! 13 is Taylor's lucky number. What is 21?

It's pretty cringy watching celebs trying to swim in her slipstream.

Considering this guy is on GMA, a very smart safe move.

It's pretty cringy watching celebs trying to swim in her slipstream.

Considering this guy is on GMA, a very smart safe move.
Why? If someone is a fan, they are a fan. And I know he has interviewed her before, and he is definitely a fan.

She’s a marketing genius but the way they are cranking out different versions of her latest album is a bit much IMO. There’s like 5 different versions and not a single one has all of the new songs on it. Not really a big deal if all you listen to is digital, but if you want vinyl or CD pretty crazy to not be able to just buy one album and get all the new stuff.

She’s a marketing genius but the way they are cranking out different versions of her latest album is a bit much IMO. There’s like 5 different versions and not a single one has all of the new songs on it. Not really a big deal if all you listen to is digital, but if you want vinyl or CD pretty crazy to not be able to just buy one album and get all the new stuff.
I wonder how many buy the physical media these days vs iTunes/amazon music, etc.

I wonder how many buy the physical media these days vs iTunes/amazon music, etc.

Quite a few charts on this. Answer. Basically none.

Yeah, vinyl isn't close to what was in the 80s and before, but it has still had a nice little resurgence.

I agree that the many different versions can be a bit much, but as someone who does all my listening with high quality digital files (I don't do Spotify), it is easy to piece it all together to make for the best listening experience for me.

Yeah, vinyl isn't close to what was in the 80s and before, but it has still had a nice little resurgence.

I agree that the many different versions can be a bit much, but as someone who does all my listening with high quality digital files (I don't do Spotify), it is easy to piece it all together to make for the best listening experience for me.
What do you use, iTunes or amazon?

What do you use, iTunes or amazon?
iTunes. I will occasionally go to amazon to buy an mp3 if iTunes is having an issue or something, but I pretty much do it all on iTunes. I have my whole music catalogue all nice and comfy in one spot (nearly 14,000 songs) and it's easy to synch up at home or in the car or anywhere. I will occasionally still bust out a CD or one of the 5.1s I have for a listen on my big home stereo.

Just scored great seats for LA. Added a date and the way they did this was the exact opposite of Ticketmaster’s initial cluster. Got a code from verified fan registration and there were only 8 people in the queue. Got tickets in minutes. Been to SoFi and I’ll never buy floor seats. Takes an hour to get drinks or food and few restrooms. Much better off the floor. Heard so much about this tour I didn’t want to miss it

Just scored great seats for LA. Added a date and the way they did this was the exact opposite of Ticketmaster’s initial cluster. Got a code from verified fan registration and there were only 8 people in the queue. Got tickets in minutes. Been to SoFi and I’ll never buy floor seats. Takes an hour to get drinks or food and few restrooms. Much better off the floor. Heard so much about this tour I didn’t want to miss it
Nice! You will have a blast. Trust me. :cool:

Wife and kids went to the Friday show in Minneapolis. They played me a video of how much screaming there was when she just announced one of her surprise songs. Pure hysteria.

Users who are viewing this thread