What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (1 Viewer)

I love that you love her.
I am still a rocker at heart, and the great majority of what I listen to certainly falls under the rock banner, but something about Taylor and her music lands just right for this guy. :yes:
I honestly believe that Folklore is one of the best albums I have heard in the last 3 decades.
Thanks for being honest.
Since Folklore and Evermore, I don't think most have a problem with admitting she is a brilliant song writer. I'm predicting that eventually Rockaction will come around.
Don't be so sure. Some (generally speaking, not referring to rockaction) seem to love digging in and refusing to budge when it comes to her. My younger brother and a longtime friend both turn their noses up and make snide remarks any time her name comes up, and I know for a fact that neither has ever bothered listening to her music (both have said this), so I never bother bringing her up around them, because who needs that negativity? For as many fans as she has, there is a percentage of people who will hate on her no matter what. Just goes to show ya that in the internet/social media age where being wrong is one of the seven deadly sins to some, even the most popular stars are gonna have those who just wanna hate, hate, hate. :P :P

Her album might be better than Pet Sounds for all I know, I cannot remember the last time I listened to an album, front to back, in one sitting.

Pretty sure I have never listened to Pet Sounds in it's entirety now that I say that.

Her album might be better than Pet Sounds for all I know, I cannot remember the last time I listened to an album, front to back, in one sitting.

Pretty sure I have never listened to Pet Sounds in it's entirety now that I say that.

I've tried Pet Sounds a few times and I just don't get the brilliance. I find it obnoxious in parts. And I like the Beach Boys, but the lionization of this record perplexes me.

I've tried Pet Sounds a few times and I just don't get the brilliance. I find it obnoxious in parts. And I like the Beach Boys, but the lionization of this record perplexes me.
I just watched a really interesting documentary about the Wrecking Crew, the premier session musicians of that era (Prime). From that documentary I surmised that there was a bunch of stuff on that album that really impressed other musicians. I also surmised that Brian Wilson was on a different level, it was cool listening to these pro musicians, who could/did play with anyone, and how blown way by Wilson they were.

I totally get why Pet Sounds is so iconic. It has a few songs I return to often. The rest is all good as well, but just doesn't demand a lot of attention in my CD player/whatever device I listen to music in 2023.
Some seem to love digging in and refusing to budge when it comes <snip>
to EVERYTHING.
Seeing someone change their POV is refreshing these days when I don't think changing one's mind should be a monumental thing.
Agreed, but bravado on the internet can be a frightening thing, something probably most of us are guilty of at times, some more than others of course.

I am still a rocker at heart, and the great majority of what I listen to certainly falls under the rock banner, but something about Taylor and her music lands just right for this guy. :yes:
I honestly believe that Folklore is one of the best albums I have heard in the last 3 decades.
Thanks for being honest.
Since Folklore and Evermore, I don't think most have a problem with admitting she is a brilliant song writer. I'm predicting that eventually Rockaction will come around.
Don't be so sure. Some (generally speaking, not referring to rockaction) seem to love digging in and refusing to budge when it comes to her. My younger brother and a longtime friend both turn their noses up and make snide remarks any time her name comes up, and I know for a fact that neither has ever bothered listening to her music (both have said this), so I never bother bringing her up around them, because who needs that negativity? For as many fans as she has, there is a percentage of people who will hate on her no matter what. Just goes to show ya that in the internet/social media age where being wrong is one of the seven deadly sins to some, even the most popular stars are gonna have those who just wanna hate, hate, hate. :P :P
It;s almost like you're describing a Rush fan who doesn't like Working Man.

Thanks for being honest.

That's a thing? Why?

Thanks for being honest.

That's a thing? Why?
It's a joke. Good natured ribbing at one of the ultimate FBG Rush fans.

She’s doing 3 shows in Tampa. It’s gonna get crazy. So glad I wfh these days so I can avoid the chaos near my office and RayJay

She’s doing 3 shows in Tampa. It’s gonna get crazy. So glad I wfh these days so I can avoid the chaos near my office and RayJay

I didn't think people in Tampa knew were RayJay was? I've never seen more than 8 people in the stands there for anything ever.

My kid is going to see her here in Atlanta, and then again in LA. She’s so stoked. The tix in L.A are on the floor.

My wife got tickets to see her in Philly with one of her friends. I did not ask how much they cost — I’ll try to stay ignorant of that.

Thanks for being honest.
To be fair, some people hated the Beatles also.

I don’t get it.

I mean.....her resume speaks for itself but if you've truly given her a thorough listen and still come away not "getting it" that's fine. I have yet to learn about a musician who has a 100% hit rate with every person who has listened to them.

I don't "get" Pet Sounds and recognize that it's probably a brilliant work of art. It's just not for me. :shrug:

I don’t get it.

I mean.....her resume speaks for itself but if you've truly given her a thorough listen and still come away not "getting it" that's fine. I have yet to learn about a musician who has a 100% hit rate with every person who has listened to them.

I don't "get" Pet Sounds and recognize that it's probably a brilliant work of art. It's just not for me. :shrug:
I don’t get grown adults crying and shelling out multiple racks. My buddy is flying to Vegas for the show tomorrow. His wife burst into tears when he told her That she was going too. 😂

I don’t get it.

I don’t get grown adults crying and shelling out multiple racks. My buddy is flying to Vegas for the show tomorrow. His wife burst into tears when he told her That she was going too. 😂

You coulda, you know, specified. ;)

I'd have to shell out thousands to go see her in Seattle and I considered it for a while but it's just too too much and I've got too many mouths to feed and 2 college kids. Just not practical. But I'd cry tears of joy if somebody told me my daughter and I were going.

I don’t get it.

Is there something that you’re passionate about that would bring you tears of joy? Super Bowl tickets? Tickets to the Masters?

I don’t get it.

Is there something that you’re passionate about that would bring you tears of joy? Super Bowl tickets? Tickets to the Masters?
Interesting question. I don’t think so. Something family related maybe. I’ve been the SB, WS, NBA finals. Wouldn’t go again unless it was all access full vip and free. 😂

Thanks for being honest.
To be fair, some people hated the Beatles also.
Very true. Imagine if the internet had been around in 1982-1983. I am sure there would have been plenty dogging Michael Jackson as well.

I don’t get it.

Interesting question. I don’t think so. Something family related maybe. I’ve been the SB, WS, NBA finals. Wouldn’t go again unless it was all access full vip and free. 😂

I think it’s awesome that people can experience joy to that degree.

Question for the Taylor Swift fans here, especially the ones over 40.

Do you just listen to her songs, or do you listen to the radio stations that plays her music? Just curious as i don’t see very many on the board being top-40 fans, but I may be wrong.

Do you just listen to her songs, or do you listen to the radio stations that plays her music? Just curious as i don’t see very many on the board being top-40 fans, but I may be wrong.
I just listen to the songs. I don't listen to the radio on my own, much less top 40 radio.

2 1/2 years ago, I couldn't have named one song by her, but was I surfing the web one night in December 2020, right after her album Evermore had been released, and saw some people on another forum (a large one about music that is mostly populated by men) gushing about that and Folklore (which had come out earlier that year) and about how different they were for her and whatnot. I had been seeing her name mentioned quite a bit at that site in a positive way, so I had already the "Hmmm, maybe I am missing the boat with her" thought in my head for a few weeks before that night. So, I went to YT to check out a few songs. I didn't expect to like her music a lot, but I did, and the rest is history.

I have two teenagers.

Not a fan of the person, but her music is good.

That’s interesting. I don’t really follow her that much. What about her as a person do you not like?
I don’t want to get into politics here per Joe’s wishes and I don’t want to get a timeout.

Ah okay. Have no idea what her politics are.

She purposely stayed out of politics forever fearing 2 things:
1 - she has stated that she didn't feel qualified to make or take political stands that might influence millions of her fans (which, I think is a rather mature position to take for a young star)
2 - facing similar backlash that The Chicks dealt with after vocalizing their beliefs. Country is the genre that really birthed Swift so a fear of alienating that fan base seemed prudent at the time.

Fast forward to her 2018 album Lover, and, well....she was silent no more. That's a pretty good album to listen to if you want a gauge of where she stands politically. And, at the risk of getting in trouble, I don't think being sympathetic or empathetic to the plight of the LBGQ+ community should be viewed as "political" - I view that as more of a moral stance and one that we are all taught to embrace which is - treat others (all others) like you would yourself or your neighbor. That shouldn't be political. IMO.

Well said, @General Malaise. :yes:

I will keep this 2023-friendly for this forum and simply say that I wouldn't be the fan I am of hers if she talked and/or sang about political issues on a regular basis. She made it known where she stands in the late 2010s and has barely said anything about them since.

Not sure what the face value was but can't get a ticket at the Ford Field show for less than 1k
Whoa
My daughter and 7 of her friends are going to the Seattle show. A bunch of them registered, but only 2 managed to get tickets. They both got 6 tickets each. The cost for the 12 tickets was $4,300US (good seats).

They sold the 4 tickets not needed for $7,800US. Now they are all going down to Seattle for 2 nights and basically have an all expense paid girls trip.

Yep, she is always great about that kind of stuff.

I remember when she sent tons of her new album on vinyl to local record shops all over the place during the pandemic, to try and help them survive. She is awesome.
Not sure what the face value was but can't get a ticket at the Ford Field show for less than 1k
Whoa
My daughter and 7 of her friends are going to the Seattle show. A bunch of them registered, but only 2 managed to get tickets. They both got 6 tickets each. The cost for the 12 tickets was $4,300US (good seats).

They sold the 4 tickets not needed for $7,800US. Now they are all going down to Seattle for 2 nights and basically have an all expense paid girls trip.
Ha! That's awesome. Might as well take advantage of the demand, I suppose.

Lana Del Rey smokes this tripe for breakfast. Video Games is ten times the song than Taylor could dream of writing. The utter sadness of this and the hope she's finding to delude herself is songwriting on a level Taylor has never seen with potshots at ex-lovers rather than this emotional rollercoaster.

Swinging in the backyard
Pull up in your fast car
Whistling my name

Open up a beer
And you say, "Get over here
And play a video game"

I'm in his favourite sundress
Watchin' me get undressed
Take that body downtown

I say, "You the bestest"
Lean in for a big kiss
Put his favourite perfume on
Go play your video game

It's you, it's you, it's all for you
Everything I do
I tell you all the time
Heaven is a place on earth with you
Tell me all the things you wanna do
I heard that you like the bad girls
Honey, is that true?
It's better than I ever even knew
They say that the world was built for two
Only worth living if somebody is loving you
And, baby, now you do

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame
Kissin' in the blue dark
Playin' pool and wild darts
Video games

He holds me in his big arms
Drunk and I am seeing stars
This is all I think of

Watchin' all our friends fall
In and out of Old Paul's
This is my idea of fun
Playin' video games

Last edited:
I like Lana. I don’t understand why you need to rip Taylor when you praise Lana.

I actually really like their collaboration.

I don’t understand why you need to rip Taylor when you praise Lana.

If you stamp your feet, it'll sound more convincing.

I kid. Just fooling around with demographics.

Because Taylor, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't written a song approaching the depth of Lana and her own production team. That's why. It's not really that negative; I'm just pointing out an artist working in a similar milieu that seems light years ahead of Swift.

If that's wrong, then make the most of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread