What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Giants Passing Offense (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
What the hell is wrong with this unit? Every single week there is 5-10 pass plays where the receiver breaks to the sideline and Eli throws 30 yards upfield or vice versa. With elite QB's and pass offenses like the Broncos you may see QB's and receivers not on the same page once a game. With the Giants when they are on the same page you are surprised. You expect bad reads by rookie QB's or receivers, but we're talking Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Randle, etc. Tons of experience. Bad hot reads, two receivers next to each other in routes - just a mess. I'm baffled - how can this group be so freakin' collectively bad week after week? Is it all on Gilbride? Has Eli forgotten how to play the position? WTF???

Rotoworld:

Victor Cruz says the Giants' receivers had a "disconnect" with Eli Manning this season.
"I want to make it a point to get with Eli a little bit more, get with our quarterbacks a little bit more and get the receiving corps together as much as we can to kind of build that more," Cruz said. Both Cruz and Hakeem Nicks missed a chunk of the offseason due to contract disputes and/or injury. Cruz finished an underwhelming season with 998 yards and four touchdowns, while Eli's tossed 26 picks.

Source: New York Daily News

I wouldn't expect it to change if no one is fired. If you can't connect for 5+ months of practicing together, it isn't just magically going to fix itself with some off season work. You have already been together for years. This was also going on in 2012 at the end of the season. The last game of 2012, no one cared and let gomer throw 5 TDs.

Eli had a "tired arm" last year. Seems he never got over it. I've watched a lot of Giants games this year and something just seems off with him.

Their line is not their usual very good unit. They have weak Tackles which doesn't help a QB. Chris Snee is invaluable and he was lost to injury as was their starting and backup C. If I'm not mistaken they lost their FB and day one RB too.

Eli has looked out of sync most of the year-he's always frustrated. You see him in the first drive of the first Q all pouty and grumpy and...geesh it just started, relax.

NY will always call for coaches heads on a platter and maybe Coughlin will be replaced because of that, but I think he's fine. They're usually a good team ever since he's been there.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear Eli's injury is worse than reported. He has always been a reliable second-third tier guy but has fallen off a cliff this year. His line has also had injury woes. I fully expect them to bounce back in 2014 to a top 10 pass offense

Rotoworld:

Speaking Monday, Giants owner John Mara called the team's offense "broken."

"We can't go into next season with the same personnel," Mara said. Perhaps taking a shot at OC Kevin Gilbride, Mara also said he "(wasn't) sure why it took us three years to figure out Jerrel Jernigan can play." It sounds like Gilbride is shaping up as the fall guy for New York's second straight mediocre season.

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Speaking Monday, Giants owner John Mara called the team's offense "broken."

"We can't go into next season with the same personnel," Mara said. Perhaps taking a shot at OC Kevin Gilbride, Mara also said he "(wasn't) sure why it took us three years to figure out Jerrel Jernigan can play." It sounds like Gilbride is shaping up as the fall guy for New York's second straight mediocre season.

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter
I took personnel to be everyone accountable not just Gilbride. That's kind of funny re-Jernigan.

Is Gilbride typecast as a guy that can never be a HC again? Some good OCs get oh so many chances.

Rotoworld:

Ex-Giants OC Kevin Gilbride blames Eli Manning's disastrous 2013 on the team's protection issues.
"It just made it impossible for our quarterback to function," Gilbride said of the Giants' line woes. "(Manning's) a guy where if you give him enough time, he’s always going to be throwing the ball to the right person. ... But he’s not a scrambler and you’ve got to give him some help." New York's line was inarguably among the league's worst, but that still doesn't explain away the 42 picks Manning has thrown over his past 32 games. His "league-leading" 27 interceptions this season were the most by any quarterback since 2005. Fixing their broken down offensive line is just one of many things the G-Men need to do to resuscitate their offense.

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Ex-Giants OC Kevin Gilbride blames Eli Manning's disastrous 2013 on the team's protection issues.
"It just made it impossible for our quarterback to function," Gilbride said of the Giants' line woes. "(Manning's) a guy where if you give him enough time, he’s always going to be throwing the ball to the right person. ... But he’s not a scrambler and you’ve got to give him some help." New York's line was inarguably among the league's worst, but that still doesn't explain away the 42 picks Manning has thrown over his past 32 games. His "league-leading" 27 interceptions this season were the most by any quarterback since 2005. Fixing their broken down offensive line is just one of many things the G-Men need to do to resuscitate their offense.

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter
The story of the offseason for them will be Diehl and Snee (leaning toward) probably not returning. Their two best linemen.

If they sign elsewhere (long time vets may be convinced back til this point) Eli could be had in trade for a soda. When the Gmen sign free agents and draft, Eli's value will go up.

I'm glad Gilbride said that and it's out there. The line got so bad it's this transparent that Eli absolutely must have the time or we get 2013 results. The possibility of a worse line in 2014 has to have Giants brass and fans scared.

The line chatter will carry over to the RBs success, struggles, who to keep etc.

Users who are viewing this thread