What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hermit's Deranged 2014 NFL Mock draft (1 Viewer)

Deranged Hermit

Not cool & Pissed
As I was pondering multiple trades that I think will happen in this draft, I started to do an outline of the first round. As I was going, it was easy to fill in here and there to get this finished draft.

1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney

Houston doesn't get cute here and snags the best guy out there. We'll get to the QB later.

2. St Louis Rams: Khalil Mack

Yeah, I'm going against the grain here a bit, but everything I've read seems to indicate the pick will be Watkins or Mack, so I'm going with, IMO, the better player.

3. Jacksonville Jags: Johnny Manziel

At the end of the day, I keep going back to the fact that JAX needs a QB. Will they take Manziel, Bortles or Bridgewater is anyone's guess, but I like Manziel best, so I go with him.

4. Cleveland Browns: Sammy Watkins

I personally would not go WR if I were CLE, but they seem to love him. That WR duo will certainly give opposing teams nightmares for years to come.

5. Oakland Raiders: Blake Bortles

I know it's not been 'cool' to mock two QB's in the top 5, but I think this is how it falls. They really need a face for this once proud franchise.

6. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Robinson

Wow, lucky ATL, look who fell into their lap. Matt Ryan is a happy camper again.

7. Tampa Bay Bucs: Jake Matthews

I struggled here because I can easily see them go with Evans as well. IMO, when in doubt, go with an o-lineman.

8. *trade* Chicago Bears from MIN : Aaron Donald

Yeah, I know, division foes and all, but this makes too much sense. We'll say that CHI gives them a 3rd this year and a 3rd or 4th next.

9. Buffalo Bills: Mike Evans

Buffalo needs help everywhere, but I think Evans is the goods. Strongly considered Lewan here as well.

10. Detroit Lions: Taylor Lewan

Yeah, they need CB, but they also need to keep their star QB from getting murdered.

11. Tennessee Titans: Anthony Barr

Good Lord, do the Titans have a ton of needs. Again, BPA here to put a finger into the hole of a leaky dam.

12. *trade* SF 49ers ( from NYG): Odell Beckham Jr

Donald and Lewan are gone, so the NYG takes a crap-ton of picks from SF to rebuild their bare cupboard.

13. St Louis Rams: HaHa Clinton-Dix

My gut feeling is that the Rams aren't as pleased with their QB situation that they say, but I don't see them taking a QB yet. HaHa fits a need and this defense is starting to get scarier.

14. Minnesota Vikings (from CHI) Teddy Bridgewater

It's no secret that MIN needs a QB, and I don't see Bridgewater falling as far as the doom and gloomers are saying.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Darqueze Dennard

I like Dennard a bit more than Gilbert, so he's the pick, but I wouldn't argue too much if they took Gilbert.

16. Dallas Cowboys: Tim Jernigan

Look for a deal possible here, but Jernigan certainly fills a big need.

17. Baltimore Ravens: Zack Martin

This one was easy. Big dropoff in talent, IMO, at OT after Martin.

18. New York Jets: Eric Ebron

Yeah, I know, he probably won't last this long. After the Buffalo pick though, I couldn't find a fit.

19. Miami Dolphins: Justin Gilbert

Miami needs o-line help, but they need help elsewhere too. Gilbert steps in and helps their secondary immediately.

20. Arizona Cardinals: Derek Carr

They need to start grooming their QB of the future sooner than later.

21. Green Bay Packers: Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Yeah, I know GB fans, no way GB takes a TE in the first. Well, I think they do. :P

22. Philadelphia Eagles: CJ Mosley

I wasn't prepared to make this pick a LB, but I think it's a good fit. To be honest, I was all set to draft Kyle Fuller or Marqise Lee.

23 Kansas City Cheifs: Brandin Cooks

Andy gets D-Jax 2.0. Hopefully, this time without the headache.

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Kyle Fuller

Lots of talent out there at CB, and Cincy seems like a great fit.

25. SD Chargers: Calvin Pryor

Yup, this is a lot lower than most mocks, but I'm not not a fan. I think he has problems in coverage at the NFL level.

26. Cleveland Browns: Cyrus Kouandijo

With Carr off the board, I see no clear pick for CLE here. Gonna roll with my best OT on the board.

27. NO Saints: Marqise Lee

Another weapon for Brees. I like A LOT and I think he could easily be the best WR in the draft with Brees throwing to him.

28. Carolina Panthers: Allen Robinson

I like Robinson more than most, but I understand why people are kinda leery of him. Cam needs some help though, be it at WR or on the o-line, and I think Robinson is the guy here.

29. NE Patriots: Ra'Shede Hageman

I like Hageman and Nix a lot here, but Hageman won the coin flip. ;)

30. New York Giants (from SF): Bradley Roby

Great value here as many have Roby going much higher. Keep an eye out for Kony Ealy as well as DE is a big need as well.

31. Denver Broncos: Ryan Shazier

Denver did a good job filling holes this off-season, so there's no glaring need, so I'll go with my BPA.

32. Seattle Seahawks: Xavier Su'a A-filo

Yeah, the commish is gonna have fun pronouncing that name.

Key points in the draft where I can see some movement will be at 1-3, Tennessee's pick, St Louis' pick at 13, Dallas, and Arizona. Possibly Miami as well.

Like it, except I am almost CERTAIN Arizona does not go QB, despite everyone thinking they do.

They're too close to being a serious contender to go that route this draft, imo. too may impact players available.

Like it, except I am almost CERTAIN Arizona does not go QB, despite everyone thinking they do.

They're too close to being a serious contender to go that route this draft, imo. too may impact players available.
I think a QB goes in that spot. CLE could be a mover and deal a 3rd to move up six spots. Looking back, I probably should have done it that way.

Dallas would be more likely to take Zack Martin than Jernigan at 16. They don't value the 1-tech spot enough to push at 16. After a trade down, maybe. But not at 16.

Martin has visited Valley Ranch in the pre-draft work. VR visits have had a high correlation to draftees in the past few years. Dallas needs more quality OL.

I like the Chicago-Minnesota deal, but I would hope the Vikings could get more than that...would think a 2nd somewhere would have to come into play, but it does make perfect sense.

I like the Chicago-Minnesota deal, but I would hope the Vikings could get more than that...would think a 2nd somewhere would have to come into play, but it does make perfect sense.
I dunno, moving back 6 spots isn't much. I'm not sure a second rounder is warranted for that.

As for the deal, it came to me as the draft was unfolding. I really think MIN covets a QB and Bridgewater was not worth the 8th pick. I almost had them trade down again with NYJ to get the Jets Ebron, but I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread