What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hunger Games (2 Viewers)

Liked the 2nd one. Thought it was MUCH better than the first. I'm glad they made it longer and gave it the full treatment rather than going the Ender's Game route and cutting it down to under 2hrs while cutting out all the non SUPER ACTION NOW stuff.

Too bad they're getting all our hopes up before the next one. I don't see how they can make the first half of the 3rd book not a POS.

Does the 2nd movie use the whole "shaky camera" thing? I hated that about the first one and am really hoping they ditched it for round II....
I complained endlessly about the shaky cam in the first one. It didn't bug me in this one. It was still there, but it was much less shaky and much less often. There's a lot less action in general so that probably has something to do with it.

Well deserved. The movie is pretty awesome. Much better than the first (which I did enjoy).

I'd imagine the only reason someone wouldn't like it is because we're so programed to hate anything wildly loved by teenage girls.
The movie was pretty meh. Odd but the movie is very slow moving. Should have spent more time in the games. However, the source material does not have much to work with but the movie could have been cut 10-15 minutes or so unless those minutes were devoted to the games or introducing the new victors.

I'm not sure how or why but breaking the third book into two movies is going to be a terrible idea.
I enjoyed the slow pace of this and think the game itself was long enough, especially given the circumstances of this one.

I saw this for the first time last night. My little niece made me promise I'd watch it. It was pretty good. :bag:

And Frosty, I'm coming around on J-Law now. She was pretty cute in this.

Good quality stream here just in case I'm not the last person on earth to see this movie.

It's early, but Mockingjay: Part 1 is at 82% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Loathed the book, but always thought it might make a better movie.
Agreed. As far as the books went, I thought it was definitely HG>CF>>>>>>Mockingjay. That said, when I read Mockingjay I thought the exact same thing. There were scenes that you couldn't really visualize based on the book, but seemed like they could be done well in a movie.

HG -> Good book, meh movie

CF -> Good book, good movie

Mockingjay -> Horrible book, split into 2 movies? Hopefully they can make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mockingjay -> Horrible book, split into 2 movies? Hopefully they can make it work.
Agree with this. Mockingjay was a terrible book, but I'm hopeful for the movies. Splitting it into two might be a little ambitious, though.

Didn't read the books. Watched both the first two movies and really enjoyed them. Trying to figure out a way to see this one in the theatre.

Although, I might be the only person in the audience that is rooting for Donald Sutherland.

I have the Hunger Games and Catching Fire movies ranked pretty evenly. This has been a surprisingly good movie series to this point, but we know how the third movie in a series usually starts the descent (Rocky, Rambo, Jedi) or even collapse (Godfather).

These would be more enjoyable with three movies instead of four.

I greatly dislike the trend of making the last movie of any decent series into two parts. Made sense with Harry potter and the hobbit had done well with three movies from one book, but this should be the exception and not the norm. But, it's all about making money and this seems to work.

I refuse to watch this after they didn't finish the last one. #### them. I pay for a whole movie. Don't leave me hanging.

Same thing with the Matrix series. I never finished them because of the same ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the books dig deeper into the political aspects of the Hunger Games universe, or is it just like the movies-- focused entirely on the games with just a hint of political stuff? I feel like it's not very deep at all, and I would like the movies more if they spent more time outside of the games.

I refuse to watch this after they didn't finish the last one. #### them. I pay for a whole movie. Don't leave me hanging.

Same thing with the Matrix series. I never finished them because of the same ####.
"It is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film The Never Ending Story"

Yeah, Catching Fire seemed unresolved to me and I thought it was a "part 1" that was going to be continued.

Agree with this. Mockingjay was a terrible book, but I'm hopeful for the movies. Splitting it into two might be a little ambitious, though.
Agreed here, I basically finished Mockingjay to find out how it ended, not because I was enjoying it. The second book/movie was decent, and I thought it was different enough to not just be a retread of the first.

I'm also hopeful that Mockingjay makes a better movie than book, seems to suit it well. In particular, some of the scenes that didn't work great in the book may lend themselves to the screen.

Mockingjay B+ Yeah, I didn't like the book much and there is filler in the movie to stretch it out. but everything else is really good.

Elizabeth Banks and Woody Harrelson steal every scene they are in. And Jennifer Lawrence is awesome as always.

Yeah, after enjoying the first two movies, this third installment is pretty much terrible. And for some reason, they decided to make Jennifer Lawrence look dumpy and unattractive throughout 98% of the movie. Ungood.

Just returned and thought it was well done for what it was meant to be.. A build up to the final battle. I expected to be :yawn: due to knowing what this part would be but found myself entertained :thumbup:

Wish when they split books up like this into two parts they'd only space them out by 6 months instead of 12, especially since they filmed these back-to-back..

I saw MJ last night after having seen HG and CF on demand. Like the first two the Plot was OK and the action and visuals were good. The problem with all three movies is no matter what they do or change the underpinnings of the writing is based upon a novel for prepubescent teen girls.

I saw MJ last night after having seen HG and CF on demand. Like the first two the Plot was OK and the action and visuals were good. The problem with all three movies is no matter what they do or change the underpinnings of the writing is based upon a novel for prepubescent teen girls.
anyone can read the first novel, its an interesting story.

the 2nd and 3rd ones were just cashing in on the first one. The first one is the only one that mattered.

Yeah, after enjoying the first two movies, this third installment is pretty much terrible. And for some reason, they decided to make Jennifer Lawrence look dumpy and unattractive throughout 98% of the movie. Ungood.
If its following the book. Its post dramic stress that makes her dumpy

Pretty sure she was bummed out about the fappening.

Users who are viewing this thread