What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Masters - A Tradition Unlike Any Other (1 Viewer)

maybe 30 mph winds on friday :popcorn: and talk that there is a shot that thursday could get cancelled due to lightning.

went down the rabbit hole last night on articles, predictions and stats and here are what stuck out:

For those looking to bet on a winner after round 1, each of the past 18 years the winner was in the top 10 after round 1 with the exception of Tiger in 2019 and 2005.

10 of the last 12 champs gained 1.7 strokes or better from tee to green the 3 months prior to the masters, the players that fit this are Scottie, Xander, Hideki, Si Woo, Rory and JT. They don't track LIV so you have to think Rahm and Niemann fit there as well.

went down the rabbit hole last night on articles, predictions and stats and here are what stuck out:

For those looking to bet on a winner after round 1, each of the past 18 years the winner was in the top 10 after round 1 with the exception of Tiger in 2019 and 2005.

10 of the last 12 champs gained 1.7 strokes or better from tee to green the 3 months prior to the masters, the players that fit this are Scottie, Xander, Hideki, Si Woo, Rory and JT. They don't track LIV so you have to think Rahm and Niemann fit there as well.

And yet, I'm not touching JT with a 40 foot putter. I'm out on Rory too.

Has anyone here ever been a spectator at The Masters? What's the scene like? I am fairly new to golf, so I wasn't aware of the concession prices. How "diverse" is the gallery?

maybe 30 mph winds on friday :popcorn: and talk that there is a shot that thursday could get cancelled due to lightning.
Starting to wonder if early Th is the play. Soft conditions round 1 and may avoid the wind round 2.

Not sure that is going to matter...

Updated: April 10, 2024 – AUGUSTA, Ga. – The first round of the 88th Masters Tournament could be affected by inclement weather as dangerous conditions are predicted to arrive early Thursday.
There’s a 90% chance of showers and thunderstorms prior to 1 p.m., with wind gusts of 40-45 mph between 8 a.m. ET and noon. That would create potentially dangerous conditions and push back tee times, possibly bringing Friday into play for the conclusion of Round 1.

“A cold front is forecast to bring a band of rain and scattered thunderstorms through the region between 6 a.m.-1 p.m. ET Thursday. Heavy rainfall and occasional wind gusts of 40-45 mph are anticipated over this period. A lull in precipitation should occur behind the cold front between 1-4 p.m. ET before scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms drift back into the region for the late afternoon and evening hours.

“Windy conditions persist Friday under mostly sunny skies as a dry and stable airmass settles into the area. Mostly sunny skies can be expected through the weekend with west to southwesterly winds in the 7-15 mph range.”

Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a 90% chance of showers and thunderstorms prior to 1 p.m. ET. Partly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Forecast rainfall: 1-1 1/2 inches. Wind gusts of 40-45 mph between 8 a.m.-noon.
Low: 65F High: 77F Winds: S shifting SW 15-25; gusts 30-35 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny and windy. Noticeably less humid.
Low: 54F High: 72F Winds: W 15-20; gusts 30 mph.

Starting to wonder if early Th is the play. Soft conditions round 1 and may avoid the wind round 2.

Updated: April 10, 2024 – AUGUSTA, Ga. – The first round of the 88th Masters Tournament could be affected by inclement weather as dangerous conditions are predicted to arrive early Thursday.
There’s a 90% chance of showers and thunderstorms prior to 1 p.m., with wind gusts of 40-45 mph between 8 a.m. ET and noon. That would create potentially dangerous conditions and push back tee times, possibly bringing Friday into play for the conclusion of Round 1.

“A cold front is forecast to bring a band of rain and scattered thunderstorms through the region between 6 a.m.-1 p.m. ET Thursday. Heavy rainfall and occasional wind gusts of 40-45 mph are anticipated over this period. A lull in precipitation should occur behind the cold front between 1-4 p.m. ET before scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms drift back into the region for the late afternoon and evening hours.

“Windy conditions persist Friday under mostly sunny skies as a dry and stable airmass settles into the area. Mostly sunny skies can be expected through the weekend with west to southwesterly winds in the 7-15 mph range.”

Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a 90% chance of showers and thunderstorms prior to 1 p.m. ET. Partly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Forecast rainfall: 1-1 1/2 inches. Wind gusts of 40-45 mph between 8 a.m.-noon.

Right, the early rd 1 groups may avoid playing Fri all together.

Has anyone here ever been a spectator at The Masters? What's the scene like? I am fairly new to golf, so I wasn't aware of the concession prices. How "diverse" is the gallery?
Went 2 years ago. Gallery is about what you would expect. Concession prices are amazing but the food is just very mid. Like gas station food. They make up for the cheap food with eye popping prices for merchandise. Like 130 bucks for a polo type prices.

Great experience though. Going to do it again when the kids are a little older.

back to back same day would kill Tiger, I've never been on property but all I heard this morning on a new breed of golf (sirius 92) was just how much elevation change there acutally is out there and how television just doesn't show it.

Didn’t they used to hold this tournament like early May? Seems like every year now there is rain and thunderstorms that delay everything.

Honestly start losing interest once that starts to happen.

paramount plus? BOOOOOO

guess i need to grab a tablet for the cbs feed
You can "cast" it to your TV through the app. At least you could last year.
what app? Masters?

oh need to get my chromecast fired up maybe that will work
Yup. Any streaming device should work - Roku for example. Probably works right to your TV assuming it's smart.
nah im still "old school" with my tvs. Rocking my panasonic plasma in the main room and only one smart tv in the bedroom. I wait until they die before i upgrade. Its my one frugal trait lol.

That said I did spend money on my basement projetctor/sound system andI picked up a chromecast for my basement and is now working perfectly. Thanks!!!! ALway forget thats an option - I dont stream normally

ok - liv no liv whatever - I'm over it

BUT

LIV guys wearing team shirts just annoys me at the masters....... :shrug:

I live a few hours north of Augusta. If their weather is going to be like our weather today, they should punt today. It's gonna be brutal.

back to back same day would kill Tiger, I've never been on property but all I heard this morning on a new breed of golf (sirius 92) was just how much elevation change there acutally is out there and how television just doesn't show it.

It’s an unbelievable hilly course. Almost have to see it in person to appreciate it.

It’s an unbelievable hilly course. Almost have to see it in person to appreciate it.
Been a few times and this is 100% correct. You walk the course one day and get wore slap out with all the up & down. You watch it on the TV the next day and you'd think they were playing every shot off a flat road. That might have been one of the most surprising thing going there for the first time. The elevation changes are pretty pronounced.

Sounds like the greens are firm and fast...with some anticipated moisture that may not come...he!! yes!!

Tried finding the Masters app on my Roku this morning. Couldn't find anything in my search.

Did this change or is it only thru the Masters website now?

Users who are viewing this thread