What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Masters - A Tradition Unlike Any Other (1 Viewer)

Has anyone here ever been a spectator at The Masters? What's the scene like? I am fairly new to golf, so I wasn't aware of the concession prices. How "diverse" is the gallery?
It's as diverse as you would expect from watching it on tv. Are you thinking people would try to start something. Didn't see that when I was there.

I don't know what Thurs to Sun passes go for but Thurs to Fri if you go with a club was like 4k and that includes a bunch of stuff like nookie girls driving you around, booze off-site, hotel, and bartenders pretending they don't care if you look at their cans.

Just saw on the news that Scottie Scheffler's wife is pregnant and he his prepared to leave at a moments notice if she goes into labor.

It could be some residents but probably club members, friends/family of the club staff, PGA execs, players etc. A lot ALL of the residents rent their homes out to players/families, companies sponsoring trips, etc...
Fixed ;)

Folks in Columbia rent their homes out for the Masters for $1500/week and they are an hour away. The folks in Augusta make insane cash this week.

It could be some residents but probably club members, friends/family of the club staff, PGA execs, players etc. A lot ALL of the residents rent their homes out to players/families, companies sponsoring trips, etc...
Fixed ;)

Folks in Columbia rent their homes out for the Masters for $1500/week and they are an hour away. The folks in Augusta make insane cash this week.
My parents lived in Aiken, SC for several years. They didn't rent their house out, but had several friends who did and they were going for around $2k/wk. This was 15 years ago. Crazy.

Colt Knost with a funny as he called Day's approach shot on 18:

"He needs to hit about a 30 yard cut... which is the majority of our viewers' regular ball flight."

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, Colt.

Early morning is doing basically nobody any favors. Tiger played well overall but could see him blowing up and missing the cut. If he keeps driving it well though maybe he could get a top 20.

Fixed ;)

Yes. I have been on two corporate sponsored trips and they rented out a gorgeous house on the river on the South Carolina side.

Early morning is doing basically nobody any favors. Tiger played well overall but could see him blowing up and missing the cut. If he keeps driving it well though maybe he could get a top 20.
I'd bet heavy against that

I agree but he drove it well enough it could happen I think. Problem is he needs to do it for 54 more holes. I'd definitely wager on him missing the cut over getting a top 20.

I see Harman had a rough back nine. 34 on the front, 47 on the back! He's one of us.
Spieth with a 9 on #15!

Tiger can go bogey-bogey to end and make the cut so the record appears to be his. I've been mildly impressed with his game. He's left several shots out there and his putting has been so-so. He could easily be 3-4 under.

ETA - I want to be clear. He hasn't been unlucky. He's been off on some "easy" shots. Further clarification - I'm talking 3 under over the 2 days. He especially missed some shots yesterday.

Tiger looks rough but is really grinding this out.
Agree. I think he grinds it out to get the cut record and will end up pulling out at some point sometime tomorrow..

It's impossible to know how his body will react tonight - he could easily withdraw but I don't get the impression he's seriously struggling like we've seen in other tournaments. He's grinding because he's old and the conditions are really tough on a hard course - or that's my take.

Users who are viewing this thread