What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The middle-aged dummies are forming a band called "Blanket"! It's a cover band. (4 Viewers)

12.ee - Buddy and Julie Miller - "Keep Your Distance" (Richard Thompson cover)

The original:
"Keep Your Distance" was an album track on Thompson's 1991 commercial breakthrough Rumor and Sigh. The album is best known for his classic "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" and his biggest solo hit "I Feel So Good". The bitter lyrics are a warning directed at an ex-lover lest they come together again and resume their doomed relationship because "with us it must be all or none at all".

The cover: The husband and wife team of Buddy and Julie Miller covered the song as the leadoff track on their 2001 debut album. They pick up the tempo slightly but the biggest difference is the duet harmonies that run throughout the song. The original was sung solo by Thompson with the backing vocals only appearing toward the end. The cover has more of a Country feel to it while Thompson's original seems to have some British highlands feel to it.

Is the cover better than the original? I think this song works better as a duet because the attraction/rejection in the lyrics come off less creepy because their feelings are mutual. I love the ease of the harmonies between Buddy and Julie--their voices blend together as only people who've sung together a lot can. I'm favoring the cover here but might have been dissuaded if Thompson sang it with his ex-wife Linda.

Running scoreboard: Covers 7 Originals 5

12.ee - Buddy and Julie Miller - "Keep Your Distance" (Richard Thompson cover)

The original:
"Keep Your Distance" was an album track on Thompson's 1991 commercial breakthrough Rumor and Sigh. The album is best known for his classic "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" and his biggest solo hit "I Feel So Good". The bitter lyrics are a warning directed at an ex-lover lest they come together again and resume their doomed relationship because "with us it must be all or none at all".

The cover: The husband and wife team of Buddy and Julie Miller covered the song as the leadoff track on their 2001 debut album. They pick up the tempo slightly but the biggest difference is the duet harmonies that run throughout the song. The original was sung solo by Thompson with the backing vocals only appearing toward the end. The cover has more of a Country feel to it while Thompson's original seems to have some British highlands feel to it.

Is the cover better than the original? I think this song works better as a duet because the attraction/rejection in the lyrics come off less creepy because their feelings are mutual. I love the ease of the harmonies between Buddy and Julie--their voices blend together as only people who've sung together a lot can. I'm favoring the cover here but might have been dissuaded if Thompson sang it with his ex-wife Linda.

Running scoreboard: Covers 7 Originals 5
Re the bolded, lyrically it really does seem like it belongs on Shoot Out the Lights.

Re the bolded, lyrically it really does seem like it belongs on Shoot Out the Lights.

It would make a fine addition to Shoot Out the Lights especially if the song's production was stripped back to match its sound. Mitchell Froom's production on Rumor and Sigh sounded cool at the time but dates some songs on the record. Keep Your Distance comes out relatively unscathed and the hurdy gurdy is a great addition.

The song is kind of a weird choice for Buddy and Julie who've been together since 1976 and married since 1981.

It would make a fine addition to Shoot Out the Lights especially if the song's production was stripped back to match its sound. Mitchell Froom's production on Rumor and Sigh sounded cool at the time but dates some songs on the record. Keep Your Distance comes out relatively unscathed and the hurdy gurdy is a great addition.

The song is kind of a weird choice for Buddy and Julie who've been together since 1976 and married since 1981.
My father and stepmother bought Rumor and Sigh when it came out because of the rave reviews it got. They loved the songs but hated the production. I agreed with them. I always wondered if 1952 Vincent Black Lightning was the song from it that caught fire because it's acoustic and free from the questionable decisions Froom made.

I haven't been following for a week or three. A different music thing has my hyperfocus. It's a legit symptom of ADD, btw. I ran into my kid's old guitar teacher from 10 years ago. He knows I've struggled forever to learn the instrument. We talked about it. He invited me in for a check up. I went. He watched me struggle. Handed me a classical guitar. Nylon strings are easier on my tender fingers. The wider neck helps my issue with the strings being too close together. In an hour he had me playing better than I ever have, which still sucks, but still. It's not nearly as cool sounding as an electric with a modeling amp, but it's sure easier for me to play. I bought a cheapy for $130. It needed a little work to be like the teacher's. I can't put it down. 8-10-15 hours a day... hyperfocus. :)

So I'll comment on my last 4 songs and maybe catch up on the thread and/or playlists.

9 pointer. Devo - Satisfaction. I chuckled. I was a morning janitor in a Bullock's the summer of 79. Vacuumed a couple miles of carpet every morning. The head janitor would blast punk over the store's pa system before it opened. This was by far the best song to vacuum to. Better than the original? For vacuuming, yes.

10 pointer. Airbag - Easy All-Stars with Horace Andy. I had a Massive Attack song here with Mos Def rapping Bad Brains lyrics. Welp, it wasn't a cover so this was a last minute sub. A reggae rhythm, droning shoegazy guitar, some horns, Andy's smooth vocals. Up my ally. I think I'd rather listen to this than Radiohead. Hope some of you enjoyed. And Andy connected me to the Masive Attack non-cover.

11 pointer. Roxanne - Lacy Sturm. Lacy's such a bad@***. Sting sings as if he's lamenting a friend or potential lover's chosen profession. Lacy wails like it's her sister and it's killing her. She puts a stamp on it, doesn't stay with the original, and growls appropriately for the topic. I love the Police, but for these lyrics, I think Lacy has it right.

12 pointer. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Hayseed Dixie. Chuckled again. I noticed someone chose The Gourds doing Gin and Juice. It's the one I mentioned my daughter insisted on. It was on my list until I heard Pour Some and just liked it better. I listened to a bunch of these humorous bluegrass covers. Fun and now I have the guitar for them. I kept going back to this one because to me it just worked. Also, I remember Val taking the original and some thumper thing happened so I defended it. So this is the one made me think of him. If I keep improving the finger picking I may have to cover it myself. :)

Hey everyone, my suspension ends today, but I have decided to leave this site for good. I gave it a lot of thought while I was on my break - and while I hate to leave in the middle of a draft, I just don’t feel like I can stay on a site that treated me so unjustly.

I was reported by some dumb fat hick for an innocuous joke that I guess hit a bit too close to home (maybe Johnny can’t read) - and the moderator put zero thought or applied zero logic and just suspended me - maybe it was revenge for calling out Joe in here for halting that one draft or maybe the moderators just gave in and placated whiny tool that uses the report button because he was too dumb to tell when something is a joke and something is a personal attack.

I don’t know but I don’t need this place enough to just bend over and take it.

I’ll miss everyone in this thread and many of the great people here - and perhaps this is a “cut off your nose to spite your face” situation but I have to do what I think is right - and even if I’m not a paying customer I can’t in any way support a business that treats people like they do here.

I’ll leave the account open for a few days to check PMs (I’m willing to stay in contact to the extent anyone wishes to), but otherwise so long everyone and thanks for the music.

[REDACTED}
Doc, I'm sorry that it's come to this and hope that you take a bit of time to think about leaving for good. It can be frustrating here for sure at times, but sometimes ignoring things is the best way to mitigate the frustration. Just know that you leaving doesn't hurt anyone but yourself and, of course, us. Will shoot you a PM with my contact info.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, my suspension ends today, but I have decided to leave this site for good. I gave it a lot of thought while I was on my break - and while I hate to leave in the middle of a draft, I just don’t feel like I can stay on a site that treated me so unjustly.

I was reported by some dumb fat hick for an innocuous joke that I guess hit a bit too close to home (maybe Johnny can’t read) - and the moderator put zero thought or applied zero logic and just suspended me - maybe it was revenge for calling out Joe in here for halting that one draft or maybe the moderators just gave in and placated whiny tool that uses the report button because he was too dumb to tell when something is a joke and something is a personal attack.

I’ll miss everyone in this thread and many of the great people here - and perhaps this is a “cut off your nose to spite your face” situation but I have to do what I think is right - and even if I’m not a paying customer I can’t in any way support a business that treats people like they do here.

I’ll leave the account open for a few days to check PMs (I’m willing to stay in contact to the extent anyone wishes to), but otherwise so long everyone and thanks for the music.
That's a bummer Doc but you've got to do what you feel is best for you . Will definitely miss you in the music threads.
Take care and best wishes in your future endeavors!

This makes me sad. There are a lot of jerks on this site, and there are a lot of good people, too. I know sometimes the jerk wins and sometimes unfair decisions are made. It is that way in so many areas of life. We have to decide what is worth sticking around for. I like the click function here, cause I can just click away negative encounters. I understand why you want to go, but I wish you would stay. Give yourself more time. You've got that Italian fire burning inside you right now.

Why close your account? You may miss us and want to come back. Know that in my thoughts I'll be giving you a hug on March 20th. :heart:

We'll leave the light on for you in hopes you come back.

I'll miss you, Sal. ☮️❤️ and 🎵.

Last edited:

Super bummed to hear this. You're one of the best parts of these threads. I prefer to ignore the trolls and not engage with them but you have to do you.

I'll PM you my contact info. Maybe we'll meet at a show in NJ one of these days.

This news really angers me. Not angry at you but at the entire situation. I always appreciate your take on things and will miss it.

Of course, you should do what feels right for you but please reconsider. If you quit, Whiny Troll wins (I actually don’t even know who that poster is and don’t care to).

I think you said you already have him on ignore. Keep him there and ignore any quoted replies you can see from him. This forum will be a better place if you stick around.

Last edited:
I prefer to ignore the trolls and not engage with them but you have to do you.
Unfortunately I can't ignore the moderators - and I honestly literally did nothing wrong here.

This news really angers me. Not angry at you but at the entire situation. I always appreciate your take on things and will miss it.

Of course, you should do what feels right for you but please reconsider. If you quit, Whiny Troll wins (I actually don’t even know who that poster is and don’t care to).

I think you said you already have him on ignore. Keep him there and ignore any quoted replies you can see from him. This forum will be a better place if you stick around.
this was not me feuding with someone or going back and forth with them this was simply:

JohnnyU: I don’t like Narcos because I don’t like subtitles.

Another poster: you could always learn Spanish.

Me: or learn to read.

JohnnyU: I can read, I find subtitles distracting, wise-***.

Me: it was just a joke based on conversation flow and to be honest I’m easily distracted so subtitles don’t work for me eiter.

The next time I went to post I got a notice I was suspended and to be way cooler and don’t say “or learn to read”.

Thats it. This is about Joe and his staff not really JohnnyU although he admitted that he reported me when I confronted him with my alias. He then tried to claim I stalk him and harass him all the time which is a complete lie. We used to go back in forth in the Sharkpool but the one time I crossed a line, I actually sent him a PM apologizing back then and I have literally not posted in the Sharkpool in a year, other than in the Jets thread, and our recent history in the FFA was nothing but cordial (it’s all here in writing which is the beauty of calling out lies) - I think maybe he’s just a grumpy old man and got a bit confused and embarrassed at his mistake in reporting me so had to save face and make **** up.

Johnny is a bit of a troll himself in his angry old man way but I’m not bothered by him.

I’m not leaving because of him - who cares?

I think I was either targeted because I called out Joe in here for his gaffe in stopping the dead musician draft over a joke or the moderators are completely uninterested. I just don’t want to support Joe’s business in any way after being slapped around for no reason.

Anyway - this is my last post on here. I don’t want to bring drama in here but I did want to correct the reason why I was leaving.

Last edited:
Anyway - this is my last post on here. I don’t want to bring drama in here but I did want to correct the reason why I was leaving.

If you don't bring drama in here, who's going to do it? Moi? :looksaroundsheepishly:

There've been many great posts in response to your initial thoughts, but I was always come back to the immense wisdom of simey. She knows things. Please take her (and others') words to heart and give it some more time before deleting your account. Hell, I've quit in the middle of my own countdowns more than once and, with the benefit of time, changed my mind and realized I wanted to be here.

I always think of my guiding principle in the world as "fairness." Not saying that's the best principle to have, but it was what I was born with, I suppose. So I totally get your feelings on this subject, and admire your willingness to take a difficult stand. That being said, leaving your friends here will make us all worse off. You're not only one of the most knowledgeable about music, but you're one of the best people around, period. We will all suffer from your absence, and I daresay you might, too. Don't think of it as supporting a "business" you don't agree with, but as supporting a community of your friends and "family." Whatever you do, though, we love you.

Unfortunately I can't ignore the moderators - and I honestly literally did nothing wrong here.

this was not me feuding with someone or going back and forth with them this was simply:

@JohnnyU: I don’t like Narcos because I don’t like subtitles.

Me: it was just a joke based on conversation flow and to be honest I’m easily distracted so subtitles don’t work for me eiter.

The next time I went to post I got a notice I was suspended and to be way cooler and don’t say “or learn to read”.

Thats it. This is about Joe and his staff not really JohnnyU although he admitted that he reported me when I confronted him with my alias. He then tried to claim I stalk him and harass him all the time which is a complete lie. We used to go back in forth in the Sharkpool but the one time I crossed a line, I actually sent him a PM apologizing back then and I have literally not posted in the Sharkpool in a year, other than in the Jets thread, and our recent history in the FFA was nothing but cordial (it’s all here in writing which is the beauty of calling out lies) - I think maybe he’s just a grumpy old man and got a bit confused and embarrassed at his mistake in reporting me so had to save face and make **** up.

Johnny is a bit of a troll himself in his angry old man way but I’m not bothered by him.

I’m not leaving because of him - who cares about that hick?

I think I was either targeted because I called out Joe in here for his gaffe in stopping the dead musician draft over a joke or the moderators are complete morons. I just don’t want to support Joe’s business in any way after being slapped around for no reason.

I got a TO years ago for calling somebody a cracker and I'd be the whitest guy I know if I didn't know GM.

@JohnnyU: I don’t like Narcos because I don’t like subtitles.

I’m not leaving because of him - who cares about that hick?

I think I was either targeted because I called out Joe in here for his gaffe in stopping the dead musician draft over a joke or the moderators are complete morons. I just don’t want to support Joe’s business in any way after being slapped around for no reason.

I got a TO years ago for calling somebody a cracker and I'd be the whitest guy I know if I didn't know GM.
There are levels of "whitest". I've never met you, but I have met GM. In the words of Ivan Drago, you vill lose

I just got back from finding out about my abscess at the dentist and I see that Doc has decided to leave us. I would defer to simey on this one because she's said it better than I could, but I can't just leave it at that. I will say that if you do go, I'll miss you, Doc, both here and in the Shark Pool. Your friendship has transcended mere online stuff and you now know me as a real person and I think I know who you are. It would be a shame if you leave over something like this. I'm not going to minimize it or say it isn't a big deal, because it is to you, but I'd ask that you reconsider drawing this particular line and think about how important it is that justice always be done on everyone's behalf. It could have been an error in judgment, a poor mod decision, or a poor wording of a joke rather than something born of animus or something personal.

So, please reconsider. We love you here in the FFA and in the Jets thread in the SP. You are a valuable member of the community and we'll be the worse without you; consider that it might be the same for you. Think about it this way: I only brought up the tooth before because I went out of my way for said tooth this morning because of simey's prodding. We mean something to each other here, especially those of us that have been doing this music thing for a long time, and we are indebted to each other as people. We've lost too many good ones for various reasons and I hate to see another leave by his own volition.

So goodbye if you're leaving and we won't soon forget you. If you stay, we won't bring up the sore spot that this was and we'll work to see that it doesn't happen in the future. JohnnyU isn't going to lose a minute of sleep if you leave, but we will and you just might. Now that would be an injustice. Regardless, peace, bro. We'll leave the light on for you.

[REDACTED]

While I understand your frustration, I think you'll soon realize this is a community that need and appreciates you and vice versa. Redacting your comments because I'm hoping you delete them and change your mind. I'll ask everyone quoting you to do the same.
I used to rage (against the machine) against the moderation as the line of what was acceptable changed. Repeatedly.
I used to fly off the handle at trolls or just somebody who did something that triggered me.
I realized that I could control my experience. Eventually lol.
Ive been absent for years at a time
I now only go in threads that interest me or are high likelihood of a safe zone.
Talk about the fun stuff, **** the rest.

[REDACTED]

While I understand your frustration, I think you'll soon realize this is a community that need and appreciates you and vice versa. Redacting your comments because I'm hoping you delete them and change your mind. I'll ask everyone quoting you to do the same.
I used to rage (against the machine) against the moderation as the line of what was acceptable changed. Repeatedly.
I used to fly off the handle at trolls or just somebody who did something that triggered me.
I realized that I could control my experience. Eventually lol.
Ive been absent for years at a time
I now only go in threads that interest me or are high likelihood of a safe zone.
Talk about the fun stuff, **** the rest.
You’ve definitely morphed more to Pat Summerall’s Lunchbox over the years. Kudos GB

ETA: with all love and respect to John and Pat’s survivors

Last edited:
I (with a little “help” from life) decided to tackle the #20s on Monday with fresh ears. Or at least relatively relaxed ears. It was another list where I could’ve highlighted around half the songs, as much as that goes against the “selected” nature of this. Still, there's some chance that I liked your selection but didn't list it here. Because I'm weird that way.

Recognized by title alone: 19
Sounded familiar: 4
Knew from previous M-AD countdown:
Didn’t Know: 11
(mine - 1)

Selected Favorites:
Whiskey in The Jar - Metallica
Love Buzz - Nirvana. I don’t think I knew this was a cover.
American Woman - Lenny Kravitz
Ice Cream Man - Van Halen
I Only Have Eyes For You - The Flamingos

Hadn’t heard before, but liked
Here Comes the Sun - Richie Havens
Day by Day - DC Talk
Kiss Them For Me - Anna Nalick
Exit Music - Brad Mehldau
When U Were Mine - Crooked Fingers

Special Shout-out:
To the double shot of Wanda Jackson. She’s not necessarily in my wheelhouse, but not too far off either, given her energy and the powerful vocals. Probably not surprising that I enjoyed both songs.

I just got back from finding out about my abscess at the dentist and I see that Doc has decided to leave us. I would defer to simey on this one because she's said it better than I could, but I can't just leave it at that. I will say that if you do go, I'll miss you, Doc, both here and in the Shark Pool. Your friendship has transcended mere online stuff and you now know me as a real person and I think I know who you are. It would be a shame if you leave over something like this. I'm not going to minimize it or say it isn't a big deal, because it is to you, but I'd ask that you reconsider drawing this particular line and think about how important it is that justice always be done on everyone's behalf. It could have been an error in judgment, a poor mod decision, or a poor wording of a joke rather than something born of animus or something personal.

So, please reconsider. We love you here in the FFA and in the Jets thread in the SP. You are a valuable member of the community and we'll be the worse without you; consider that it might be the same for you. Think about it this way: I only brought up the tooth before because I went out of my way for said tooth this morning because of simey's prodding. We mean something to each other here, especially those of us that have been doing this music thing for a long time, and we are indebted to each other as people. We've lost too many good ones for various reasons and I hate to see another leave by his own volition.

So goodbye if you're leaving and we won't soon forget you. If you stay, we won't bring up the sore spot that this was and we'll work to see that it doesn't happen in the future. JohnnyU isn't going to lose a minute of sleep if you leave, but we will and you just might. Now that would be an injustice. Regardless, peace, bro. We'll leave the light on for you.
What he said.

But how's the tooth?

I'll put my pasty white skin up against any of you mofos.

Wait...
How about against the nerdy guy on the left who made an alliance with Boston Rob on Deal or No Deal Island?

This reminds me that we have an infamous pic of my mom where she is on the beach and whiter than the sand. :lol:

The 12 pointers

known and liked covers

Whole Lotta Love
Comfortably Numb
Hey Joe
Ziggy Stardust
American Woman
Lady Marmalade
Come Together
Got my mind set on you( didn't know it was a cover)
Ice cream Man
I only have eyes for You ( didn't know it was a cover)
Smokestack Lightning

Liked covers of known songs

Wild Horses
Kiss them for Me
Gangsta's Paradise

New to me likes

Riot in cell block Nine
Most of the Time
Mean Woman Blues
Day by Day
This place Sucks

Thirteen-Point Selections:
PART ONE:

Uruk-Hai:

Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton (Tony Joe White)
Song: first vote
Cover artist: first vote
Original artist: first vote

titusbramble:

Hounds of Love - The Futureheads (Kate Bush)
Original artist: two votes – Hounds of Love (1); Running up that Hill (1)

Pip’s Invitation:

Twist and Shout – The Beatles (The Isley Brothers)

Dr. Octopus:

Positively Fourth Street – Bryan Ferry (Robert Zimmerman)
Cover artist: three votes – Positively Fourth Street (1); The In Crowd (1); Let’s Stick Together (1)
Original artist: 21 votes – All Along the Watchtower (3); Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door (2); Positively Fourth Street (1); Thunder on the Mountain (1); Most of the Time (1); Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again (1); Jokerman (1); Make You Feel My Love (1); Ring Them Bells (1); Hurricane (1); The Man in Me (1); Forever Young (1); Sweetheart Like You (1); Everything Is Broken (1); Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright (1); Ballad of a Thin Man (1); If You See Her, Say Hello (1); Mozambique (1)

simey:

Good Year for the Roses - Elvis Costello & The Attractions (George Jones)
Cover artist: three votes – (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding (2); Good Year for the Roses (1)

Just Win Baby:

Purple Haze - Cure (Jimi Hendrix Experience)
Original artist: two votes – Purple Haze (1); Little Wing (1)

Galileo:

The First Cut Is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow (P.P. Arnold)

Don Quixote:

Shuffering + Shmiling - Jorge Ben Jor, Dead Prez, Bilal, and Talib Kweli (Fela Kuti)
Cover artist: first vote each

simsarge:

Dancing In The Moonlight - Dr Teeth and The Electric Mayhem (King Harvest)

Charlie Steiner:

Everybody's Talkin' - The Seldom Scene (Fred Neil)

JMLs secret identity:

Super Trouper - Camera Obscura (Abba)
Original artist: 12 votes – Super Trouper (1); Knowing Me, Knowing You (1); Mamma Mia (1); The Name of the Game (1); Ring Ring (1); Rock Me (1); Does Your Mother Know (1); Angel Eyes (1); Our Last Summer (1); When All Is Said and Done (1); Waterloo (1); Voulez Vous (1)

zamboni:

Alone Again Or - UFO (Love)
Song: two votes – UFO (1); The Damned (1)
Original artist: four votes – Alone Again Or (2); She Comes in Colors (1); A House Is Not a Motel (1)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) - Nancy Sinatra (Cher)
Original artist: three votes – Believe (2); Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) (1)

Ilov80s:

Smells Like Teen Spirit – Patti Smith (Nirvana)
Original artist: two votes – Smells Like Teen Spirit (1); In Bloom (1)

Eephus:

Stand by Your Man - Candi Staton (Tammy Wynette)

The Dreaded Marco:

Wonderwall - Ryan Adams (Oasis)
Cover artist: two votes – Wonderwall (1); Style (1)
Original artist: two votes – Wonderwall (1); Don’t Look Back in Anger (1)

New Binky the Doormat:

The In Crowd - Bryan Ferry (Dobie Gray)
Cover artist: three votes – Positively Fourth Street (1); The In Crowd (1); Let’s Stay Together (1)

Andy Dufresne:

Our Lips Are Sealed - Moon Talk (Go-Go's)

Last edited:
Thirteen-Point Selections:
PART TWO:

Hawks64:

Come Together – Aerosmith (The Beatles)
Song: two votes – Aerosmith (2)
Cover artist: five votes – Come Together (2); Walk This Way (2); Big Ten Inch Record (1)
Original artist: 16 votes – Yesterday (2); Come Together (2); Here Comes the Sun (1); Got to Get You into My Life (1); Helter Skelter (1); Drive My Car (1); Dear Prudence (1); We Can Work It Out (1); While My Guitar Gently Weeps (1); Across the Universe (1); She Said She Said (1); I Want You (She’s So Heavy) (1); Let It Be (1); In My Life (1)

rockaction:

Enjoy Yourself - The Specials (Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra)

Scoresman:

I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany (Tommy James and the Shondells)
Original artist: two votes – I Think We’re Alone Now (1); Mony Mony (1)

Raging weasel:

Call Me - In This Moment (Blondie)

scorchy:

Believe - Robbie Fulks (Cher)
Song: two votes – Robbie Fulks (1); Lucy Dacus (1)
Original artist: three votes – Believe (2); Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) (1)

Mrs. Rannous:

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Headstones (Gordon Lightfoot)
Cover artist: two votes – The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (1); Tweeter and the Monkey Man (1)

Mt. Man:

The Tide Is High - Blondie (The Paragons)
Cover artist: two votes – The Tide Is High (1); Hanging on the Telephone (1)

Mister CIA:

Angel from Montgomery - Bonnie Raitt (John Prine)
Original artist: two votes – Angel of Montgomery (1); Speed of the Sound of Loneliness (1)

Val Rannous:

16 Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford (Merle Travis)

landrys hat:

The Orchids - Califone (Psychic TV)

shuke:

Sneakin’ Sally through the Alley - Phish (Lee Dorsey)
Cover artist: three votes – Sneakin’ Sally through the Alley (1); My Soul (1); Frankenstein (1)
Original artist: three votes – Sneakin’ Sally through the Alley (1); Get Out of my Life, Woman (1); Working on the Coal Mine (1)

Doug B:

Der Kommissar - After the Fire (Falco)
Song: three votes – After the Fire (3)
Cover artist: three votes – Der Kommissar (3)
Original artist: three votes – Der Kommissar (3)

DrIanMalcolm:

Come on Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot (Slade)
Song: two votes – Quiet Riot (2)
Cover artist: two votes – Cum on Feel the Noize (2)
Original artist: two votes – Cum on Feel the Noize (2)

Chaos34:

Heaven on their Minds - Tim Minchin (Murray Head)

higgins:

I Can Dream about You - Hall & Oates (Dan Hartman)
Cover artist: two votes – I Can Dream about You (1); You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling (1)

Oliver Humanzee:

Vigilante Man - feedtime (Woody Guthrie)

krista4:

Me and Bobby McGee – Janis Joplin (Roger Miller)
Cover artist: two votes - Me and Bobby McGee (1); Ball and Chain (1)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread