What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NFC East 2020: WFT and Ron Rivera in Full Command (1 Viewer)

I think that's a bit high.  I'll give them 6.5 or 7.5 wins, not sure yet.  Here's my predicted final standings:

Eagles 7-8-1
Cowboys 7-9
Eagles 6-9-1
Giants 5-11
Wash 3-13

So you are calling for the Eagles to lose 17 games?

Eagles split with Dallas imo...

I have a hard time finding more then 5 wins for the Eagles. Assuming Zeke doesnt fumble every game I think Dallas win this

Eagles split with Dallas imo...

I have a hard time finding more then 5 wins for the Eagles. Assuming Zeke doesnt fumble every game I think Dallas win this
5 wins total?  If Philly splits with Dallas like you say, beats Wash and beats the Giants, that's 5.5 right there.  We almost beat Balt with our B team... we will for sure get 1 upset vs CLE/GB/SEA/NO/ARI to bring us to 6.5.

Yes the div sucks (I'm not saying they don't), but I was surprised looking at their schedules, just how brutal their schedules have been:
Record of the opponents Philly has lost to:  15-8
Record of the opponents Dallas has lost to:  17-6

Record of the opponents NYG has lost to:  19-10
Record of the opponents Wash has lost to:  18-12

NFC East teams have ONLY lost to these teams outside their division (no one has lost to a sub .500 team this year)
Seahawks- 1st best record in NFL
Steelers- 1st best record in NFL
Ravens- 4th best record in NFL
Bears- 4th best record in NFL
Cardinals- 8th best record in NFL
Rams- 8th best record in NFL
Browns- 8th best record in NFL
Niners- 16th best record in NFL

EDT:  Yes of course the games vs these teams have contributed to some of the wins of these teams, but no one has lost to a terrible team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having fun playing crystal ball?

I couldn't resist going out a couple more weeks just to see...

Week 9 

NY Giants beat WFT and Dallas get waxed by Pittsburgh, Philly on a Bye loses no ground really. 

NYG 3-6

Phi  2-5-1

WFT 2-6

Dallas 2-7

Week 10

WFT will be beat by the Lions, Eagles take the Giants and Dallas is on a Bye

Phi 3-5-1

NYG 3-7

WFT 2-7

Dallas 2-7

You could see this Division being won at 6-10 right now, most of the time they are going to be Underdogs vs whoever they are playing outside the NFC East. 
Hmmmmmmm, how is this looking?

Philly 3-6-1

NY Giants 3-7

Dallas 3-7

WFT 3-7

Just incredible where we are at now. Washington wins a rare out of division game for anyone in this Division. 

Week 10

WFT will be beat by the Lions, Eagles take the Giants and Dallas is on a Bye

Phi 3-5-1

NYG 3-7

WFT 2-7

Dallas 2-7

You could see this Division being won at 6-10 right now, most of the time they are going to be Underdogs vs whoever they are playing outside the NFC East. 

There's a scenario where after Week 13 you have 

PHI 4-7-1

Dallas 4-8

NYG 4-8

WFT 4-8
We are on track for all of this

Huge win for Dallas on a day that Cousin has that one good game a year it seems like. Dallas D played better, and the play calling was much better. Looking at the schedules here out, and seeing how bad Wentz sucks now, I wouldn’t rule out Dallas making a case for the division. Dak would be the difference for sure, but injuries happen. Sucks it was to the one non replaceable position. Cowboys fought to the end and it paid dividends.

Please Cowboys, Giants or Skins take this from us. Eagles don't deserve this thing and will lose the next 4 games at least. 
I think the Eagles will end up in last place this year.  They’re awful and Dallas will be ok with Dalton.  The Giants and Football Team are also really bad but I feel like they have some strengths?  Ok maybe not.  Ok maybe the Eagles will win the division.   :shrug:  

I think the Eagles will end up in last place this year.  They’re awful and Dallas will be ok with Dalton.  The Giants and Football Team are also really bad but I feel like they have some strengths?  Ok maybe not.  Ok maybe the Eagles will win the division.   :shrug:  
It's not even a positive to win the division this year.

There's a scenario where after Week 13 you have 

PHI 4-7-1

Dallas 4-8

NYG 4-8

WFT 4-8
WFT 4-7 vs Steelers? Not sure when this game is actually being played but looks like a Loss

NYG 4-7 vs Seahawks...seems like a Loss

Dallas 3-8...

Philly 3-7-1...play the Packers

WFT 4-7 vs Steelers? Not sure when this game is actually being played but looks like a Loss

NYG 4-7 vs Seahawks...seems like a Loss

Dallas 3-8...the Bottom Dwellers face off 

Philly 3-7-1...
Except the Eagles play the Packers next. One thing's for sure, this is the most competitive division ever. Week 13 and it's still anyone's division. No one wants it.

Giants and Skins actually look like competitive Teams. Funny that Dallas and Philly were the runaway favorites to start the year and now they're competing for the top 5 pick. 

Giants and Skins actually look like competitive Teams. Funny that Dallas and Philly were the runaway favorites to start the year and now they're competing for the top 5 pick. 
We all know the regression of Wentz and Pederson have been very evident this year. But injuries to both Dallas and the Eagles have hampered them significantly, which is the main reason this division is going to be historically bad. It was bad anyway, but the injuries have pushed it to the extreme.

So since 2002, when the NFL went to its current 4 team divisional structure, the worst divisional record was the 2008 NFC West which finished with a cumulative record of 22-42. If you take out the divisional games which had a record of 12-12, the division was 10-30 against non-divisional opponents for a .250 winning percentage. Currently the NFC East's non-divisional record is 2-15-1 for a .139 winning percentage
So currently the NFC East non-divisional record sits at 10-23-1. Even if it's teams lose their last 6 non-divisional games, it will NOT have the worst divisional record under the 4 team division structure. The 2008 NFC West will hold onto that title.  If the division goes 2-4 in the last six games it will actually have a better divisional record than last season by half a game.

The WFT has taken command of this Division at 6-7, Chase the Rookie, best since JJ Watt at turning the game, he might have another score or two in him before the WFT leaves the field in 2020. 

I can see Washington going 8-8 right now, that's better than the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks one year when they won their Division. 

So currently the NFC East non-divisional record sits at 10-23-1. Even if it's teams lose their last 6 non-divisional games, it will NOT have the worst divisional record under the 4 team division structure. The 2008 NFC West will hold onto that title.  If the division goes 2-4 in the last six games it will actually have a better divisional record than last season by half a game.
Almost all these losses have been to playoff teams.  They've faced the NFC West and AFC North this year, the two best divisions in football. 

Records outside the div vs non playoff teams:

DAL: 3-0
WAS: 2-1
PHI:  1-0-1
NYG: 1-2

NFC East Overall:  7-3-1 vs non playoff teams (out of div)

Almost all these losses have been to playoff teams.  They've faced the NFC West and AFC North this year, the two best divisions in football. 

Records outside the div vs non playoff teams:

DAL: 3-0
WAS: 2-1
PHI:  1-0-1
NYG: 1-2

NFC East Overall:  7-3-1 vs non playoff teams (out of div)
It usually works itself out. They're the worst division in football but far from the worst ever. 

The WFT has taken command of this Division at 6-7, Chase the Rookie, best since JJ Watt at turning the game, he might have another score or two in him before the WFT leaves the field in 2020. 

I can see Washington going 8-8 right now, that's better than the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks one year when they won their Division. 
I think Wash winning 2 out of 3 here and finishing 8-8 is the most likely scenario. Their DL is really good, and once they got at least average mediocre QB play instead of Dwayne Haskins, they're playing winning football.

Users who are viewing this thread