What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NFL is conducting an investigation of Peyton Manning, HGH delivery (1 Viewer)

I'd like to think I have a pretty decent understanding of what HGH does and how it can help athlete's performance and recovery. Or am I missing something?

Effects of HGH on Athletes

**ETA** Bonds use of HGH was said to have occurred when recovering from knee surgery. After reading your reply I think you're crossing the 2 up
HGH, taken in doses for injury recovery and not accompanied by anabolic steroids, would have no athletic benefits. They do not add muscle mass. The might lean you out a bit if body fat percentage is an issue.Assuming the reports are correct, and Manning did take HGH after the 2011 season, do you think it's just a coincidence that it happened to be after what many thought might be a career ending injury? Manning was never a guy to beat an opponent because of athletic ability. It was because he had a strong arm and was the smartest offensive mind in the stadium. IF he took HGH, it was for the recovery benefits. Not to suddenly become Cam Newton.
You sound lost. Are you implicating its not a big deal that Peyton may have taken HGH. Haahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

I guess it's not a big deal if Brady took .001 PSI out of football based on your logic
Implicating? or indicating ;)

I'd like to think I have a pretty decent understanding of what HGH does and how it can help athlete's performance and recovery. Or am I missing something?

**ETA** Bonds use of HGH was said to have occurred when recovering from knee surgery. After reading your reply I think you're crossing the 2 up
HGH, taken in doses for injury recovery and not accompanied by anabolic steroids, would have no athletic benefits. They do not add muscle mass. The might lean you out a bit if body fat percentage is an issue.

Assuming the reports are correct, and Manning did take HGH after the 2011 season, do you think it's just a coincidence that it happened to be after what many thought might be a career ending injury? Manning was never a guy to beat an opponent because of athletic ability. It was because he had a strong arm and was the smartest offensive mind in the stadium. IF he took HGH, it was for the recovery benefits. Not to suddenly become Cam Newton.
Exactly. He took it to help with the recovery of a potential career ending injury--Thus prolonging his career and breaking records in the process.

And IF this is true, do you think it would have been a one-time deal? No way, right?

Side note--Can we (all of us) get away from using the "IFs"? If you want to wait and see what the proof is there's really not a need to post. If you believe the reports or are posting based on them being fact we all get the evidence and story may change....I don't take it like we're all locked into an opinion....
Absolutely it could be a one time deal. Until he was healthy enough to get back on the field again.

HGH, taken in doses for injury recovery and not accompanied by anabolic steroids, would have no athletic benefits. They do not add muscle mass. The might lean you out a bit if body fat percentage is an issue.Assuming the reports are correct, and Manning did take HGH after the 2011 season, do you think it's just a coincidence that it happened to be after what many thought might be a career ending injury? Manning was never a guy to beat an opponent because of athletic ability. It was because he had a strong arm and was the smartest offensive mind in the stadium. IF he took HGH, it was for the recovery benefits. Not to suddenly become Cam Newton.
You sound lost. Are you implicating its not a big deal that Peyton may have taken HGH. Haahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

I guess it's not a big deal if Brady took .001 PSI out of football based on your logic
Personally, No, I don't think it would be a big deal. Probably because I have much knowledge on HGH and understand why he would take it. If I had to bet, gun to my head, I'd say he did take it for that period. I'd also bet that AP took it after his injury. And Terrell Suggs. And Jamal Charles is taking it right now. And Arian Foster. And Leveon Bell.......

You sound lost. Are you implicating its not a big deal that Peyton may have taken HGH. HaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaI guess it's not a big deal if Brady took .001 PSI out of football based on your logic
Personally, No, I don't think it would be a big deal. Probably because I have much knowledge on HGH and understand why he would take it. If I had to bet, gun to my head, I'd say he did take it for that period. I'd also bet that AP took it after his injury. And Terrell Suggs. And Jamal Charles is taking it right now. And Arian Foster. And Leveon Bell.......
It's a banned substance in the NFL this may tarnish his legacy IMO.

You sound lost. Are you implicating its not a big deal that Peyton may have taken HGH. HaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaI guess it's not a big deal if Brady took .001 PSI out of football based on your logic
Was it banned when Manning was supposedly taking it? Also, this is not like baseball, in football almost everyone takes something.

Edited to say that I highly doubt this has any impact on Peyton Manning's long term legacy, nor should it. Taking something to help with an injury is not like building muscle mass (with steroids) to hit home runs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Was it banned when Manning was supposedly taking it? Also, this is not like baseball, in football almost everyone takes something.

Edited to say that I highly doubt this has any impact on Peyton Manning's long term legacy, nor should it. Taking something to help with an injury is not like building muscle mass (with steroids) to hit home runs.
I believe it was a banned substance, but it wasn't yet tested for.

Was it banned when Manning was supposedly taking it? Also, this is not like baseball, in football almost everyone takes something.Edited to say that I highly doubt this has any impact on Peyton Manning's long term legacy, nor should it. Taking something to help with an injury is not like building muscle mass (with steroids) to hit home runs.
Using a banned substance that helped him overcome injuries faster than his opponents unquestionably gives him a competitive advantage and constitutes cheating. While other players missed games or played hurt, Manning was playing sooner and healthier. If it didn't help him, why would he do it? Perhaps he was able to throw the ball just a little harder, or quicker, and the DB in coverage was a half step slower because was not using hgh. Maybe he avoided an extra sack here and there. It all adds up to competitive advantage, so how can his legacy not be called into question?

Personally, I wish stories like these never came out. Teams and players have always bent rules to gain an advantage, but nowadays it's a witch hunt. I prefer the old days when ignorance was bliss.

Was it banned when Manning was supposedly taking it? Also, this is not like baseball, in football almost everyone takes something.Edited to say that I highly doubt this has any impact on Peyton Manning's long term legacy, nor should it. Taking something to help with an injury is not like building muscle mass (with steroids) to hit home runs.
Using a banned substance that helped him overcome injuries faster than his opponents unquestionably gives him a competitive advantage and constitutes cheating. While other players missed games or played hurt, Manning was playing sooner and healthier. If it didn't help him, why would he do it?Perhaps he was able to throw the ball just a little harder, or quicker, and the DB in coverage was a half step slower because was not using hgh. Maybe he avoided an extra sack here and there. It all adds up to competitive advantage, so how can his legacy not be called into question?

Personally, I wish stories like these never came out. Teams and players have always bent rules to gain an advantage, but nowadays it's a witch hunt. I prefer the old days when ignorance was bliss.
Again, you're being naïve. HGH is a readily available, untested for, and proven to aid in recovery time. Do you really think that every player wasn't taking it? Think about that. "Yo, Mr Peterson, I know you suffered an ACL injury towards the end of last season and probably won't be back until halfway through this coming season, but I have something you can take that will get you back on the field in half the time. And the best part is, the league doesn't test for it. Are you interested?" AP: No man. I'll just recover naturally.

Perhaps he was able to throw the ball just a little harder, or quicker, and the DB in coverage was a half step slower because was not using hgh. Maybe he avoided an extra sack here and there. It all adds up to competitive advantage, so how can his legacy not be called into question?
This is the most ridiculous part of your post. If you think that Manning would be taking PEDs that made him throw the ball harder, and that a defensive back wouldn't be taking anything, then you simply have zero knowledge of both what HGH does and how prevalent PEDS are in the league. It's actually just the opposite. The receiver that Manning is throwing to and the defender covering him are both on crazy amounts of PEDs.

:lmao: at how anything Manning-related causes Patriot Nation to blow up. The inferiority complex of that fanbase is funny as hell.
LOL I noticed the same thing. They hate that Manning and Brady are compared to each other. For some reason, they consider him an enemy. Plus, anytime there's any type of illegal accusations, they run in hoping it will make people think it's ok that they've been caught so many times. Definitely dealing with damaged psyches with these Pats fans.

Just wait if Carolina wins the Super Bowl. They'll all be back as if it's some kind of victory for them. As if it erased the loss they just had to him.

Patriots fans have found a way to keep their season alive.

"We was robbed. If Manning maybe hadnt done HGH in 2011 while with the Colts Brady would have found Gronk for the 2 point conversion. Wa wa wa."

LMAO. I am actually enjoying the crying and pleading. Means we stuck it in em deep.
What a joke. All Pats fans have heard for years is "if the Pats didn't cheat wa wa wa". Now Manning is at the center of a cheating scandal and Pats fans are supposed to give him a pass? Give me a break. Unlike many who used air pressure as an excuse for losing to the Patriots, I'm not implying for one second that Mannings PED use is the reason Denver beat the Pats on Sunday. But that doesn't mean he gets a pass. Like it or not, Manning's legacy is now forever tainted and his accomplishments will have a proverbial asterisk attached to them. Pats fans know all too well that all it takes nowadays is an accusation. I'm not saying it's right, that's just how it is. It's a shame, really.
Broncos in. Patriots out. Thats all that matters now. Tune in bud. Should be a great game.
Promise you'll stick around once your cheating QB Pedton and the Donkeys choke again in yet another Super Bowl?? :lol: Can't wait to hear the excuses your classless fan base comes up with this time.

"We was robbed. If Manning maybe hadnt done HGH in 2011 while with the Colts Brady would have found Gronk for the 2 point conversion. Wa wa wa."

LMAO. I am actually enjoying the crying and pleading. Means we stuck it in em deep.
What a joke. All Pats fans have heard for years is "if the Pats didn't cheat wa wa wa". Now Manning is at the center of a cheating scandal and Pats fans are supposed to give him a pass? Give me a break. Unlike many who used air pressure as an excuse for losing to the Patriots, I'm not implying for one second that Mannings PED use is the reason Denver beat the Pats on Sunday. But that doesn't mean he gets a pass.Like it or not, Manning's legacy is now forever tainted and his accomplishments will have a proverbial asterisk attached to them. Pats fans know all too well that all it takes nowadays is an accusation. I'm not saying it's right, that's just how it is. It's a shame, really.
Broncos in. Patriots out. Thats all that matters now. Tune in bud. Should be a great game.
Promise you'll stick around once your cheating QB Pedton and the Donkeys choke again in yet another Super Bowl?? :lol: Can't wait to hear the excuses your classless fan base comes up with this time.
Most are predicting a Carolina victory. Why wouldn't he stick around? The loser of the Super will have still beaten Brady and the Pats. You don't seem to understand that.

satch said:
Curious as to what the NFL would need to warrant taking Denver's #1 pick and suspending Manning 4 games?
To penalize Denver they would need to see some involvement by the organization like an employee with the nick name "the Growther" texting with another employee how much of a ******* Peyton is about getting his HGH deliveries.

For Manning, the penalty should be levied against him if these allegation have merit. Of course he's unlikely to play anymore anyway so while it would stain his legacy somewhat, it's not likely to matter much.
I would advise Peytie Pie to destroy his phone... You know to protect his privacy by hiding the pics he has of Giselle

There's a reason why Peyton is so respected. He's earned it by being everything Brady hasn't been.

He's professional and comes across as likeable, not arrogant. He's funny. He's trusted by numerous national companies as a pitchman because he's seen as honest. He's been successfull without the stigma of cheating and rule bending, and he's done things on the up and up. Fans love him and rivals' fans at least like and respect him. If he used HGH - and to this point there's still no reason to believe he did - it pales in comparison to what we already know that the Brady-led Pats did, and it pales in comparison to what they've been accused and investigated on with a flawed investigation process. Reasonable people everywhere looked at the circumstantial evidence and made their own judgements, but there's a good reason why they didn't get the benefit of the doubt. They haven't earned it and don't deserve it. Manning has.

Brady is respected for being one of the greatest QBs to ever play. The debates about talent level and the defenses and coaching he played with compared to Manning have been beaten to death, but Brady will never be on the same level of respect outside of Patriots fans because of the way he did it.

Now you can continue with your :lmao: bull#### and continue your half hearted attempt to justify everything the Patriots have done and been accused of, but at some point you just need to get over it.
To summarize:1. Pedton Manning deserves a pass for cheating because he's likeable and funny.

2. Manning's PED use pales in comparison to what Brady was accused of, even though Goodell himself justified Brady's 4 game suspension by equating it to PED use.
I see what you did there... PEDton Manning... Very clever even if it was (perhaps) not intentionalLet me try one....

Ton Brady (because the m is deflated a bit)

:lmao: at how anything Manning-related causes Patriot Nation to blow up. The inferiority complex of that fanbase is funny as hell.
Oh please, like you and people like JuniorNB, Johnnyu and BusterT don't literally live off of anything that lets you perpetuate your dumb opinions about the pats.

Most posters in this thread account for the first 5000 or so posts in the deflategate thread - and most of those posts were literally bashing the Pats or their fans and had nothing to do with the situation at all, very similar to this and many other posts in this thread. Instead of discussing anything its hurr durr Pats fans.

####### Pats haters the literal worst circle jerk in existence.

Oh please, like you and people like JuniorNB, Johnnyu and BusterT don't literally live off of anything that lets you perpetuate your dumb opinions about the pats.

Most posters in this thread account for the first 5000 or so posts in the deflategate thread - and most of those posts were literally bashing the Pats or their fans and had nothing to do with the situation at all, very similar to this and many other posts in this thread. Instead of discussing anything its hurr durr Pats fans.

####### Pats haters the literal worst circle jerk in existence.
Of course we were in the Deflatgate thread. Pats fans were buying the story the The Deflator was named that because he was on a diet. And that Brady always destroys his phone when he's getting a new one.

What a joke. All Pats fans have heard for years is "if the Pats didn't cheat wa wa wa". Now Manning is at the center of a cheating scandal and Pats fans are supposed to give him a pass? Give me a break. Unlike many who used air pressure as an excuse for losing to the Patriots, I'm not implying for one second that Mannings PED use is the reason Denver beat the Pats on Sunday. But that doesn't mean he gets a pass.Like it or not, Manning's legacy is now forever tainted and his accomplishments will have a proverbial asterisk attached to them. Pats fans know all too well that all it takes nowadays is an accusation. I'm not saying it's right, that's just how it is. It's a shame, really.
Most are predicting a Carolina victory. Why wouldn't he stick around? The loser of the Super will have still beaten Brady and the Pats. You don't seem to understand that.
And? What good is beating the Patriots if you lose in the Super Bowl for the 2nd time in 3 seasons?? The Broncos haven't won anything worth writing home about since '98.

Perhaps he was able to throw the ball just a little harder, or quicker, and the DB in coverage was a half step slower because was not using hgh. Maybe he avoided an extra sack here and there. It all adds up to competitive advantage, so how can his legacy not be called into question?
This is the most ridiculous part of your post. If you think that Manning would be taking PEDs that made him throw the ball harder, and that a defensive back wouldn't be taking anything, then you simply have zero knowledge of both what HGH does and how prevalent PEDS are in the league. It's actually just the opposite. The receiver that Manning is throwing to and the defender covering him are both on crazy amounts of PEDs.
I phrased it poorly. PEDs wouldn't make him throw the ball harder than he normally would. They would, however, help a sore shoulder heal more quickly, thus allowing him to throw at full strength more quickly. How many games did HGH help him play at full strength when he otherwise would've been playing at less than full strength? How many games did HGH give him an advantage over the opposing QB who did not have the benefit of such a speedy recovery?

And? What good is beating the Patriots if you lose in the Super Bowl for the 2nd time in 3 seasons?? The Broncos haven't won anything worth writing home about since '98.
And? They just knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs. All your crying and whining isn't going to change that. Go lick your wounds and thank Pete Carroll for last year's gift.

How many games did HGH help him play at full strength when he otherwise would've been playing at less than full strength? How many games did HGH give him an advantage over the opposing QB who did not have the benefit of such a speedy recovery?
There you go. You finally hit on the advantage that HGH may have given him. Who knows? Maybe he'd have missed half of the following season. It's impossible to tell. Just as we don't know how many extra games Peterson was able to play when he came back from his ACL.

And? They just knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs. All your crying and whining isn't going to change that. Go lick your wounds and thank Pete Carroll for last year's gift.
Such a cop out. Brady led a game winning drive to take the lead in that game. Try to discredit it allll you want but it's apparent that someone's a little salty and testy about the Patriots 4 Super Bowl wins

:lmao:

Knocking the Patriots out of the playoffs means absolutely nothing if you choke in the Super Bowl.

Such a cop out. Brady led a game winning drive to take the lead in that game. Try to discredit it allll you want but it's apparent that someone's a little salty and testy about the Patriots 4 Super Bowl wins

:lmao:

Knocking the Patriots out of the playoffs means absolutely nothing if you choke in the Super Bowl.
Like the Pats did twice against the Giants? Hmmm, I didn't realize that the teams the Pats beat in the AFC Championship games those year actually had better seasons then New England. I learn something new every day.

It's amazing to me (not really) that some people can't see the difference between taking HGH to recover from an injury and trying to cheat during a game.

Such a cop out. Brady led a game winning drive to take the lead in that game. Try to discredit it allll you want but it's apparent that someone's a little salty and testy about the Patriots 4 Super Bowl wins :lmao:

Like the Pats did twice against the Giants? Hmmm, I didn't realize that the teams the Pats beat in the AFC Championship games those year actually had better seasons then New England. I learn something new every day.
I'm not denying the fact the Patriots lost to the Giants twice..but they also won last year and 3 others over the past 15 years. Twist my words all you want but the fact of the matter is that the Broncos have lost 5 Super Bowls, an NFL record! And soon to be 6! Talk about choking! :lol:

It's amazing to me (not really) that some people can't see the difference between taking HGH to recover from an injury and trying to cheat during a game.
Who said he only used it to recover from an injury?? He went from being injured and missing a year of football to throwing 55 TDs and having the best season of his career. It's obvious he was taking something during the season.

Such a cop out. Brady led a game winning drive to take the lead in that game. Try to discredit it allll you want but it's apparent that someone's a little salty and testy about the Patriots 4 Super Bowl wins :lmao:

I'm not denying the fact the Patriots lost to the Giants twice..but they also won last year and 3 others over the past 15 years. Twist my words all you want but the fact of the matter is that the Broncos have lost 5 Super Bowls, an NFL record! And soon to be 6! Talk about choking! :lol:
Who cares? A team lost 5 or 6 Super Bowls. How does that comfort you regarding the fact that Peyton outplayed Brady by a mile last week and your team is done?

Who said he only used it to recover from an injury?? He went from being injured and missing a year of football to throwing 55 TDs and having the best season of his career. It's obvious he was taking something during the season.
Well then he should have obviously taken it this season. Easy Peazy. What a dummy.

Devil advocate-- How many games were affected by him being able to come back from a potential career ending injury? 1? 2? All of them?

Would HGH help butt hurt heal? How much faster could folks suffering the malady return to normal if they dosed themselves properly.

Would HGH be beneficial to the healing of a torn plantar fascia?

I hope Jordy Nelson is bathing in the stuff.

JohnnyU said:
dansav said:
JuniorNB said:
Bigboy10182000 said:

Implicating? or indicating ;)
Implying?

GoodLloydHaveMercy said:
satch said:
Steelers4Life said:
There's a reason why Peyton is so respected. He's earned it by being everything Brady hasn't been.

He's professional and comes across as likeable, not arrogant. He's funny. He's trusted by numerous national companies as a pitchman because he's seen as honest. He's been successfull without the stigma of cheating and rule bending, and he's done things on the up and up. Fans love him and rivals' fans at least like and respect him. If he used HGH - and to this point there's still no reason to believe he did - it pales in comparison to what we already know that the Brady-led Pats did, and it pales in comparison to what they've been accused and investigated on with a flawed investigation process. Reasonable people everywhere looked at the circumstantial evidence and made their own judgements, but there's a good reason why they didn't get the benefit of the doubt. They haven't earned it and don't deserve it. Manning has.

Brady is respected for being one of the greatest QBs to ever play. The debates about talent level and the defenses and coaching he played with compared to Manning have been beaten to death, but Brady will never be on the same level of respect outside of Patriots fans because of the way he did it.

Now you can continue with your :lmao: bull#### and continue your half hearted attempt to justify everything the Patriots have done and been accused of, but at some point you just need to get over it.
To summarize:1. Pedton Manning deserves a pass for cheating because he's likeable and funny.

2. Manning's PED use pales in comparison to what Brady was accused of, even though Goodell himself justified Brady's 4 game suspension by equating it to PED use.
I see what you did there... PEDton Manning... Very clever even if it was (perhaps) not intentionalLet me try one....

How about this. (JFYI, I have nothing against Brady, but for fun's sake and all, since stupid PUNs or nicknames seem to be all the rage!).

Tom Brady excels at throwing the ball in "low pressure" situations. Conversely, when the "pressure increases", he's not so great.

Get it! Aren't we all so ####### clever!

GoodLloydHaveMercy said:
satch said:
Steelers4Life said:

How about this. (JFYI, I have nothing against Brady, but for fun's sake and all, since stupid PUNs or nicknames seem to be all the rage!).Tom Brady excels at throwing the ball in "low pressure" situations. Conversely, when the "pressure increases", he's not so great.

Huh... I get why you're known as that guy... Fits quite nicely

GoodLloydHaveMercy said:
satch said:
Steelers4Life said:

How about this. (JFYI, I have nothing against Brady, but for fun's sake and all, since stupid PUNs or nicknames seem to be all the rage!).Tom Brady excels at throwing the ball in "low pressure" situations. Conversely, when the "pressure increases", he's not so great.

Yeah I guess. Just to be clear, my sarcasm was directed at the the guy you quoted. In other words, I'm on your side. Not sure it that was clear.

GoodLloydHaveMercy said:
satch said:
Steelers4Life said:

Yeah I guess. Just to be clear, my sarcasm was directed at the the guy you quoted. In other words, I'm on your side. Not sure it that was clear.
A sincere thank you for choosing his side.

To sum up this thread:

• The NFL is investigating Manning for HGH use in 2011 when he was a colt
  • Manning and his wife will surely indicate the HGH was for her and was prescribed to her. It's really impossible to prove even by the preponderance of the evidence that the HGH was used by Manning. I would be absolutely shocked if anyone could find a judge to rule against Manning in an appeal if he was punished by the NFL based solely on the fact that it would link one's actions to medical treatment of a spouse. But, let's pretend the hurdle to justify any type of punishment is one organization's fan's determination that Manning must have used HGH.
  • No player's team has ever been fined money or a draft pick for a player's use of PED's
  • The Patriots organization was punished for Tom Brady and OTHER members of the Patriots altering game balls.
  • Some Patriots fans want to link the two separate and very different issues and immediately fine the Broncos (Manning was a Colt at the time the HGH use allegedly occurred) and Manning
As a side note, the Broncos are 3-1 against Brady in the Playoffs.

To sum up this thread:

• Manning and his wife will surely indicate the HGH was for her and was prescribed to her. It's really impossible to prove even by the preponderance of the evidence that the HGH was used by Manning. I would be absolutely shocked if anyone could find a judge to rule against Manning in an appeal if he was punished by the NFL based solely on the fact that it would link one's actions to medical treatment of a spouse. But, let's pretend the hurdle to justify any type of punishment is one organization's fans determination that Manning must have used HGH.
  • No player's team has ever been fined money or a draft pick for a player's use of HGH
  • The Patriots organization was punished for Tom Brady and OTHER members of the Patriots altering game balls.
  • Some Patriots fans want to link the two separate and very different issues and immediately fine the Broncos (Manning was a Colt at the time the HGH use allegedly occurred) and Manning
Using HGH is much worse than "supposedly" altering game balls, especially given the fact that Pedton had the best season of his career and set NFL records while using HGH.

As a side note, there was no evidence the Patriots or Brady ever did anything and the NFL lost in court over it.

As another side note, the Broncos are like the Cowboys and haven't been relevant since the 90s. They haven't won a Super Bowl since 1998 and have lost an NFL record 5 Super Bowls. Just in case you missed seeing it earlier in the thread.

Anyone who thinks IF Peyton is proven to have taken HGH that his legacy won't be tarnished is a fool. The majority of people have no concept of degree of guilt, competitive advantage or even care. They will just assume he cheated and the label will stick. It's not about right or wrong and has nothing to do with Brady, the Pats or any other team.

To sum up this thread:

• Manning and his wife will surely indicate the HGH was for her and was prescribed to her. It's really impossible to prove even by the preponderance of the evidence that the HGH was used by Manning. I would be absolutely shocked if anyone could find a judge to rule against Manning in an appeal if he was punished by the NFL based solely on the fact that it would link one's actions to medical treatment of a spouse. But, let's pretend the hurdle to justify any type of punishment is one organization's fans determination that Manning must have used HGH.
  • No player's team has ever been fined money or a draft pick for a player's use of HGH
Using HGH is much worse than "supposedly" altering game balls, especially given the fact that Pedton had the best season of his career and set NFL records while using HGH. As a side note, there was no evidence the Patriots or Brady ever did anything and the NFL lost in court over it.

As another side note, the Broncos are like the Cowboys and haven't been relevant since the 90s. They haven't won a Super Bowl since 1998 and have lost an NFL record 5 Super Bowls. Just in case you missed seeing it earlier in the thread.
Lol

Anyone who thinks IF Peyton is proven to have taken HGH that his legacy won't be tarnished is a fool. The majority of people have no concept of degree of guilt, competitive advantage or even care. They will just assume he cheated and the label will stick. It's not about right or wrong and has nothing to do with Brady, the Pats or any other team.
lol

IvanKaramazov said:
Simmer down. Not all of us are like that.

I love the Pats, but I hate seeing this come up for Peyton. Always been a fan of his.

"So because someone here thinks or KNOWS that jj watt and Adrian Peterson used HGH I will also begin with some baseless allegations.... I'm guessing because Tedy Bruschi came back from a stroke he must have used HGH right? I mean wow... It was a stroke... How could he not use HGH?!!... And Brady when he returned from his acl tear wasn't as effective so we can assume he was clean right??"

In all seriousness I'm not sure why HGH (when taken alone) shouldn't be allowed... We want our stars to play so why not let them heal... That said if it is banned and its used then they should be punished as such... Does it tarnish things a bit? Not sure... I think that is one of those things that is a different feeling for everyone... I don't feel like Antonio gates legacy was tarnished personally but I do feel like Shawn merrimans was... Perhaps it was the multiple offenses that make me feel that way about merriman... Perhaps it's because merriman didn't really look naturally that big... He LOOKED fluffed up... The only fluffed up thing on manning is his forehead and I'm thinking that's a pretty natural look for him

"So because someone here thinks or KNOWS that jj watt and Adrian Peterson used HGH I will also begin with some baseless allegations.... I'm guessing because Tedy Bruschi came back from a stroke he must have used HGH right? I mean wow... It was a stroke... How could he not use HGH?!!... And Brady when he returned from his acl tear wasn't as effective so we can assume he was clean right??"

In all seriousness I'm not sure why HGH (when taken alone) shouldn't be allowed... We want our stars to play so why not let them heal... That said if it is banned and its used then they should be punished as such... Does it tarnish things a bit? Not sure... I think that is one of those things that is a different feeling for everyone... I don't feel like Antonio gates legacy was tarnished personally but I do feel like Shawn merrimans was... Perhaps it was the multiple offenses that make me feel that way about merriman... Perhaps it's because merriman didn't really look naturally that big... He LOOKED fluffed up... The only fluffed up thing on manning is his forehead and I'm thinking that's a pretty natural look for him
Just to further prove your point, I don't think many remember or care that Gates' suspension was because of steroids. Since I'd estimate that about 95% of non-QB, kicker, and punters are on the juice, it doesn't even raise an eyebrow when someone gets caught and loses four games. And I never heard one single person claim that Gates legacy has changed because of it. Only thing I'd say is that he sucks at masking it. He needs to talk to his teammates about not getting caught.

Bunch of butt hurt Pats fans are entertaining at the very least.
Says the guy who continuously cried and trolled during the deflategate saga last season. Someone a little bitter that their hero Pedton Manning's legacy will forever be tainted and tarnished?? He's now considered the Barry Bonds of the NFL :lol: It's not surprising that the Broncos signed him either considering their cheating past.

Bunch of butt hurt Pats fans are entertaining at the very least.
Says the guy who continuously cried and trolled during the deflategate saga last season. Someone a little bitter that their hero Pedton Manning's legacy will forever be tainted and tarnished?? He's now considered the Barry Bonds of the NFL :lol: It's not surprising that the Broncos signed him either considering their cheating past.
He is?

Are people actually trying to pin it on the Colts or the Broncos?

If Manning took HGH that was 100% on him. This isn't 2013 when the Broncos and Seahawks were the #1 and #2 biggest PED offenders in the league (like a culture of cheating) - it's one old man trying to overcome a big injury and surgery by breaking the rules.

Even though deflategate was and is bull####, outside of Goodell comparing deflategate to PEDs there is no connection. Until we find out the Colts recommended him to go to that clinic, they have nothing to do with it and the Broncos do have a history of PED usage AFTER chicken parm arrived, it still happened before he was a Bronco. It's easy to say it continued but there is nothing to suggest that from what is in the accusations.

Users who are viewing this thread