What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NY Giants Will Crush the Panthers (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
I've been analyzing this game and listening to the hype all week. Almost all the matchups favors the Giants.Barber will run wild on Sunday. The Panthers really haven't shut down a top quality back who was healthy all year. The tackling in the secondary has been attrocious and that's where Barber excels. When Barber isn't galloping wild thru the secondary, he'll be targetting the achilles heel of the Panther's defense which is stopping the screen pass. The Panthers simply have no one capable of defending Shockey. Buress and Toomer will require attention. When you add it all up, there aren't enough bodies to stop the multi pronged Giant attack.The Giants were awesome at home. Thanks to the NFL, they amassed and astounding 8-1 record. The Panthers were actually a little better on the road, but those wins came against Arizona (v. their backup), Detriot, and Buffalo by razor thin margins. They did beat up on Tampa when Simms was making his second start, New Orleans with Bouman, and an Atlanta team that had packed it in. Nothing on this resumes demonstrates the ability to win in the Meadowlands. Bottom line is that New York is consistantly good and Carolina shows up every week with a different team.I see little hope on offense. Carolina's meager 3.4 yards per carry was second to last in the league. Foster has mustered two great games against the Falcons and not much else. Furthermore, he's dinged again. The Panther's do have the best weapon in the league in Steve Smith, but the weather this time of year will limit the passing game. Unless New York suddenly starts turning over the ball, Carolina will struggle to score 14 points. Let's not even get in the disaster of T. Wharton v. a pro-bowl DE matchup. :X Prediction: New York Giants 34 (Feeley misses and extra point), Carolina 10.Call your man and load up, I know I will be.

I'm a Skins fan, but I agree:-Giants are 8-1 at home with their one loss being a game in which they gave up 3 ST/D scores.-Giants have won 4 of 5 with the lone loss against a hot Skins team-Carolina has lost 2 of 4 with the two wins against a terrible N.O. team and an Atlanta team that had already given up. Their two loses: both at home in crucial games that would determine their playoff seeding.Giants blow them out imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Skins fan, but I agree:

-Giants are 8-1 at home with their one loss being a game in which they gave up 3 ST/D scores.
Funny you should say that because if the Panthers win I think they'll win via this route. Eli could make mistakes in this game especially if the Giants do something stupid like not run Tiki 25-30 times.

Eili will make mistakes, but Tiki, Shockey, Burress & Toomer should be able to pull out enough plays to win this game. It's not like Delhomme has been unstoppable this year. He's thrown his share of INT's too, and the Giants have a strong edge at the skill positions (though they won't be able to stop Steve Smith without letting Foster eat up chunks of yardage).

As a Giants fan. I wouldn't mind you being right.But the key to skill players is the QB getting them the ball.And Eli has been bad for 4 weeks now.Tiki will do fine,But I'm afraid that the Delhomme to Smith connection could be way too much. And Julius Peppers against McKenzie is a BIG Panther advantage.I can't see any way this is a blowout by either team.Best place kicker with the last chance wins this game.

The only question that will define this game is whether the Panthers can tackle Tiki. (take it from a Chiefs local). I don't think they will, he'll finish with 120+ and a couple TDs. Eli plays well enough to not lose, and the Giants win 28-17.

Now, I am a homer and all, but I think whoever wins this game has a solid chance to make some noise in these playoffs. Seattle is beatable, and I am not sold on the Bears. This has the potential to be an outstanding playoff game.Giants 27 Panthers 23

I am a huge Giants fan - it is 50/50 at best. This is easily the toughest matchup for the Giants. Would much prefer TB or Washington, at home.

What this game will come down to, IMO, is the QB play. Delhomme has the experience and a all universe WR in Smith. Eli has no playoff experience and Shockey is dinged up. The Giants will have to lean on Tiki pretty heavily, but I dont think it will be enough.Also, advantage to the Panthers on defense. Carolina will tee off on Eli.Carolina 27, Giants 20.

I am a huge Giants fan - it is 50/50 at best. This is easily the toughest matchup for the Giants. Would much prefer TB or Washington, at home.
Agreed from the opposite sideline. QB, RB, WRs, TE the Giants have are all superior to what the Skins and Bucs field. The Skins and Bucs may have a better defense, but they've both been scored upon at times this year.

I'll say this, the winner here goes to the Bowl in my mind. It plays out like this:Carolina/NYG beat Chicago Skins win today, win At SeattleSkins lose at Carolina/NYG(one too many road games for the skins)You heard THAT here first.

I'll say this, the winner here goes to the Bowl in my mind. It plays out like this:

Carolina/NYG beat Chicago

Skins win today, win At Seattle

Skins lose at Carolina/NYG(one too many road games for the skins)

You heard THAT here first.
It's really not that far fetched. The winner of this game goes DEEP into the playoffs.

Agreed from the opposite sideline. QB, RB, WRs, TE the Giants have are all superior to what the Skins and Bucs field. The Skins and Bucs may have a better defense, but they've both been scored upon at times this year.
:goodposting: This game is definitely the hardest to pick just because both NYG and Carolina have been wildly inconsistent at times this year. The one consistency though is that the G-Men are 8-1 at home. Advantage G-Men.

Both QB's will be under pressure if the running game isn't effective. Which running back is more likely to get shut down? I'd have to say Foster.Except for the loss at Washington the Giants have been the more consistent team over the last month. They're coming home,where they are an even better team,after a nice win on the west coast,not as easy as it sounds even if it was the Raiders. If the Giants can harrass Delhomme,Smith will be neutralized somewhat and I see the Giants winning easily. If Smith has a huge day it'll be a closer game but i still think the Giants will find a way to win at home,maybe a defensive or special teams play. just my 2 cents.

I've been analyzing this game and listening to the hype all week. Almost all the matchups favors the Giants.

Barber will run wild on Sunday. The Panthers really haven't shut down a top quality back who was healthy all year. The tackling in the secondary has been attrocious and that's where Barber excels. When Barber isn't galloping wild thru the secondary, he'll be targetting the achilles heel of the Panther's defense which is stopping the screen pass. The Panthers simply have no one capable of defending Shockey. Buress and Toomer will require attention. When you add it all up, there aren't enough bodies to stop the multi pronged Giant attack.

The Giants were awesome at home. Thanks to the NFL, they amassed and astounding 8-1 record. The Panthers were actually a little better on the road, but those wins came against Arizona (v. their backup), Detriot, and Buffalo by razor thin margins. They did beat up on Tampa when Simms was making his second start, New Orleans with Bouman, and an Atlanta team that had packed it in. Nothing on this resumes demonstrates the ability to win in the Meadowlands. Bottom line is that New York is consistantly good and Carolina shows up every week with a different team.

I see little hope on offense. Carolina's meager 3.4 yards per carry was second to last in the league. Foster has mustered two great games against the Falcons and not much else. Furthermore, he's dinged again. The Panther's do have the best weapon in the league in Steve Smith, but the weather this time of year will limit the passing game. Unless New York suddenly starts turning over the ball, Carolina will struggle to score 14 points. Let's not even get in the disaster of T. Wharton v. a pro-bowl DE matchup. :X

Prediction: New York Giants 34 (Feeley misses and extra point), Carolina 10.

Call your man and load up, I know I will be.
I'm with you bro. Just got the Giants at -3.I like the Giants a lot today. Tiki. Shockey. Plaxico.

Maybe Delhomme will split his pants again in this game. His peek show really seemed to spark the team last week. Sparked me as well. Rrrawl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been analyzing this game and listening to the hype all week.  Almost all the matchups favors the Giants.

Barber will run wild on Sunday.  The Panthers really haven't shut down a top quality back who was healthy all year.  The tackling in the secondary has been attrocious and that's where Barber excels.  When Barber isn't galloping wild thru the secondary, he'll be targetting the achilles heel of the Panther's defense which is stopping the screen pass.  The Panthers simply have no one capable of defending Shockey.  Buress and Toomer will require attention.  When you add it all up, there aren't enough bodies to stop the multi pronged Giant attack.

The Giants were awesome at home.  Thanks to the NFL, they amassed and astounding 8-1 record.  The Panthers were actually a little better on the road, but those wins came against Arizona (v. their backup), Detriot, and Buffalo by razor thin margins.  They did beat up on Tampa when Simms was making his second start, New Orleans with Bouman, and an Atlanta team that had packed it in.  Nothing on this resumes demonstrates the ability to win in the Meadowlands.  Bottom line is that New York is consistantly good and Carolina shows up every week with a different team.

I see little hope on offense.  Carolina's meager 3.4 yards per carry was second to last in the league.  Foster has mustered two great games against the Falcons and not much else.  Furthermore, he's dinged again.  The Panther's do have the best weapon in the league in Steve Smith, but the weather this time of year will limit the passing game.  Unless New York suddenly starts turning over the ball, Carolina will struggle to score 14 points.  Let's not even get in the disaster of T. Wharton v. a pro-bowl DE matchup.  :X

Prediction: New York Giants 34 (Feeley misses and extra point), Carolina 10.

Call your man and load up, I know I will be.
I'm with you bro. Just got the Giants at -3.I like the Giants a lot today. Tiki. Shockey. Plaxico.
I only had to give 2.5. :thumbup: The o/u was at 44.

-Giants are 8-1 at home with their one loss being a game in which they gave up 3 ST/D scores.

-Giants have won 4 of 5 with the lone loss against a hot Skins team

-Carolina has lost 2 of 4 with the two wins against a terrible N.O. team and an Atlanta team that had already given up. Their two loses: both at home in crucial games that would determine their playoff seeding.

Giants blow them out imho.
Well after 27 minutes, I sure do look wrong. Not that I'm upset with the Giants losing though.

Well, you got the Carolina score right, at half time.Now, all you need is 34 pts from the Pygmies in the second half.

BnB - I will be PMing you my PayPal addy in the next few minutes, I expect a full refund on your garbage filled prediction that I detrimentally relied on. :hot: :hot: :hot:

Funny you should say that because if the Panthers win I think they'll win via this route. Eli could make mistakes in this game especially if the Giants do something stupid like not run Tiki 25-30 times.
:wall: Why did I have to be right? Manning a bunch of INTs and Barber only 13 carries.

:wall: Why did I have to be right? Manning a bunch of INTs and Barber only 13 carries.
:wall: :wall: This is an stat that always drives me nuts. Low rushing attempts are generally a result of losing, more often then a cause of losing. The Giants had to give up on the run because they were losing, not because that was their game plan. Do you really think it would have been smart of them to run Tiki 25-30 times when they were down by 20 points? None of the other losing teams this weekend have over 20 carries for their feature back. Very rarely, unless its a tight game, will you find a losing team with a RB over 25 carries.

Users who are viewing this thread