What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (1 Viewer)

I haven't looked through the entire pool of guesses, but I picked Butker for 51 yards.   (He indeed hit one for 49) 

Not sure how that stacks up, but I am guessing not too many got closer than that.

Win or lose, fun contest HSG.

Also - I am ready to place my order as well.   :thumbup:        Shoot me a PM Tuesday.   

TZM

Since my league has -3 for missed kicks under 40 and I'm sick of getting that penalty, I decided to just go with the guy who had made 28 in a row in Gould this week. Pretty happy with the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my league has -3 for missed kicks under 40 and I'm sick of getting that penalty, I decided to just go with the guy who had made 28 in a row in Gould this week. Pretty happy with the results.
I did the exact same sir~!  :excited:

Then tonight, shortly ago... I was just checking, and someone was asleep at the wheel, and left Matt Bryant on the wire. (In this league we can pick up players at virtually any time)

So I snagged Bryant, and looking towards the playoffs with him, locked in.

Wish I had gotten Gould in 2 other leagues though.  At least I capitalized and got the points this go around. These kickers are so up and down, every time I make a "good play/guess" and snag one off the wire that has a good week, I feel like I'm stealing money.  (in the event I don't have a premier kicker, and most times I don't reach for one early enough in the drafts to have one)

TZM

Just getting crushed at the kicker position this year. Trying to get the hot hand the last couple weeks and it's totally backfiring. 

@Hot Sauce Guy how about an update on the contest? Only one game to go, I doubt Barth or Forbath got too many entries.

My plan was to drop Jake from State Farm & roll back to Lutz for RoS. But I’m thinking I might just stick with Elliott. There’s some risk there Sturgis could be brought back November 19.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Bucs bringing in former Chiefs K Cairo Santos for physical to see where he is with his adductor sprain, per source. About two weeks away.
Suck it up. Can't be worse than Folk. 

Bucs management: "Well, can you make nothing?"

Cairo: "Sure."

Bucs: "Sign here."

@Hot Sauce Guy how about an update on the contest? Only one game to go, I doubt Barth or Forbath got too many entries.

My plan was to drop Jake from State Farm & roll back to Lutz for RoS. But I’m thinking I might just stick with Elliott. There’s some risk there Sturgis could be brought back November 19.
I didn't check to see who picked whom - was gonna check back tomorrow AM after tonight's games to see who won. 

Did anyone pick Barth or Forbath? if not, someone might have won already....hmm...I guess I'll have to look back through now. ;)  

OK, here are the guesses. I don't think I missed any: 

ArodinPrater, 58 yards.

RileyrottElliott, 56 yards

BobbyLaynePrater 54

IHEARTFFGreg the leg 53

4th&inchesGonna ride the Prater train and guess  53

SaintsInDome2006Zeuerlein, 55 yards.

SayWhat?Haushka 54yds

Cowboysfan8Prater 51

Grigs AllmoonHauschka 53

identikitTucker 52

Ruffrodys05Wk.5 - Jake Elliott, 55 yds

waterworldButker 53

RidcullyTavecchio...54 yards

Long Ball LarryHauschka - 55

whiskey7I’ll say Bailey hits from 54 this week

SteelerPrater 52

ragoneGreg Zuerlein 54 yards.

TartanLionNick Folk 0 yards Hilarious, but disqualified. :lol:  

TZMarkieHarrison Butker.................  51.

HiltsLegatron. 56

elshagonCody Parkey 55 yards

Ray BarboniJake Elliott 52yds

WhatRoxCrosby 53

efactorDan Bailey 53 yards. 

apalmerBoswell 54 yards

The CaptainPrater 59

seahawk 17Blair Walsh 51 yards.

My kicker is on a bye and the Houston guy & the Denver guy are out there. Who better to fill in for Danny Bailey?

Found a site that has a filter for weekly stats. Longest FGs Week 5:

Chandler Catanzaro New York Jets 57

Adam Vinatieri Indianapolis Colts 52

Harrison Butker Kansas City Chiefs 49

Blair Walsh Seattle Seahawks 49

Stephen Gostkowski New England Patriots 48

Jason Myers Jacksonville Jaguars 47

Ryan Succop Tennessee Titans 45

Graham Gano Carolina Panthers 44

Justin Tucker Baltimore Ravens 44

Dan Bailey Dallas Cowboys 43

Robbie Gould San Francisco 49ers 43

Cody Parkey Miami Dolphins 41

Stephen Hauschka Buffalo Bills 38

Jake Elliott Philadelphia Eagles 36

Greg Zuerlein Los Angeles Rams 35

Chris Boswell Pittsburgh Steelers 34

Giorgio Tavecchio Oakland Raiders 32

Nick Novak Los Angeles Chargers 31

Randy Bullock Cincinnati Bengals 30

Matt PraterDetroit Lions 30

Mason Crosby Green Bay Packers 22

Matt Bryant Atlanta Falcons bye 

Dustin Hopkins Washington Redskins bye

Wil Lutz New Orleans Saints bye

Brandon McManus Denver Broncos bye

Phil Dawson Arizona Cardinals none

Ka'imi Fairbairn Houston Texans none

Nick Folk Tampa Bay Unemployed none

Zane Gonzales Cleveland Browns none

Aldrick Rosas New York Giants none

Connor Barth Chicago Bears TBD

Kai Fornath Minnesota Vikings TBD

Found a site that has a filter for weekly stats. Longest FGs Week 5:

Chandler Catanzaro New York Jets 57

Adam Vinatieri Indianapolis Colts 52

Harrison Butker Kansas City Chiefs 49

Blair Walsh Seattle Seahawks 49

Stephen Gostkowski New England Patriots 48

Jason Myers Jacksonville Jaguars 47

Ryan Succop Tennessee Titans 45

Graham Gano Carolina Panthers 44

Justin Tucker Baltimore Ravens 44

Dan Bailey Dallas Cowboys 43

Robbie Gould San Francisco 49ers 43

Cody Parkey Miami Dolphins 41

Stephen Hauschka Buffalo Bills 38

Jake Elliott Philadelphia Eagles 36

Greg Zuerlein Los Angeles Rams 35

Chris Boswell Pittsburgh Steelers 34

Giorgio Tavecchio Oakland Raiders 32

Nick Novak Los Angeles Chargers 31

Randy Bullock Cincinnati Bengals 30

Matt PraterDetroit Lions 30

Mason Crosby Green Bay Packers 22

Matt Bryant Atlanta Falcons bye 

Dustin Hopkins Washington Redskins bye

Wil Lutz New Orleans Saints bye

Brandon McManus Denver Broncos bye

Phil Dawson Arizona Cardinals none

Ka'imi Fairbairn Houston Texans none

Nick Folk Tampa Bay Unemployed none

Zane Gonzales Cleveland Browns none

Aldrick Rosas New York Giants none

Connor Barth Chicago Bears TBD

Kai Fornath Minnesota Vikings TBD
Awesome thanks - I was going game by game. What's the link? 

OK, sorry for the delay - had to get orders out and do some house cleaning & hygiene stuff so I didn't stink & my teeth didn't rot. 

The longest FG's of the week went un-guessed, as no one had either Catanzaro or Vinatieri. 

That leaves Butker, with his 49 yard FG. 

@waterworld guessed 53 at 7:50 AM

@TZMarkie guessed 51 at 8:29 PM

The win goes to TZMarkie, only 2 yards off the mark! 

Congratulations! :excited:  

You have a tie, because Blair Walsh hit a 49 yarder too, and Seahawk 17 guessed he would make a 51 yarder.
Man - I suck at this! 

lol 

In that case, @seahawk 17 will also get a bottle of sauce! 

I know the rules say a tie goes to the time-stamp, but I'm a rebel, and I hate stupid rules. 

Congrats to both you & @TZMarkie - PM me your address, and I'll send you the link to my site so you can choose which sauce you'd like.  :suds:

Was planning the same, so curious where you landed.  I am leaning back to Lutz between what you cited, as well as NO being indoors later in the year.

Was planning the same, so curious where you landed.  I am leaning back to Lutz between what you cited, as well as NO being indoors later in the year.
I'm another one who started with Lutz, but dropped him for Elliot.  I'm leaning towards pickup up Lutz if nobody claims him on waivers.  It's hard to do since Elliot has been money so far, but having the bye week over with is a plus.  Also worth noting that the Saints have only 3 outdoor games remaining between now and Week 16, and 1 of those is in LA.  The other 2 will be over by mid-November, so the weather should never be an issue with him.

Surprised to see Gould and Succop as the #3 and #4 K in my league's scoring, followed by Hauschka for the Bills.

Been going with name brands on high scoring offenses like Lutz, Bryant, and Prater, but having to swap Lutz for Elliott last week because of byes, I'm reconsidering.

What do people think about Gould and Succop's season-long value compared to guys like Lutz and Bryant?  

Surprised to see Gould and Succop as the #3 and #4 K in my league's scoring, followed by Hauschka for the Bills.

Been going with name brands on high scoring offenses like Lutz, Bryant, and Prater, but having to swap Lutz for Elliott last week because of byes, I'm reconsidering.

What do people think about Gould and Succop's season-long value compared to guys like Lutz and Bryant?  
I'm going back to Succop if MM is playing. 

Is Elliot a hold with Lutz, Haushka, and Butker all being available on the wire? Thinking about dropping Elliot for Butker. Kid doesn't miss and their schedule looks easier than the Eagles. Probably a wash though.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Man - I suck at this! 

lol 

In that case, @seahawk 17 will also get a bottle of sauce! 

I know the rules say a tie goes to the time-stamp, but I'm a rebel, and I hate stupid rules. 

Congrats to both you & @TZMarkie - PM me your address, and I'll send you the link to my site so you can choose which sauce you'd like.  :suds:
Appreciate it, but to keep order in future contests I will gladly take 2nd place. PM your web site and I will check it out.

Appreciate it, but to keep order in future contests I will gladly take 2nd place. PM your web site and I will check it out.
Nope - I insist. In the past my contests were harder to tie, as I’d say “guess the highest scoring kicker & the point total” 

but I made this one too easy. My contest, my rules.

:D  

PM me the addy! 

Someone scooped Lutz off waivers so I didn't have a chance to get him back.  Luckily, Matt Bryant was still sitting there so I dropped Elliot for him.  Spending too much time typing/thinking about kickers :loco:

Tricky part is that Mariota  plays Monday night and may be GTD.
I'm going to try to swap for Lutz. I at least have a higher ww priority than the person who dropped him
Good point, actually on further reflection Lutz is a better idea. Also I picked up Butker in one league. Things do seem a little shaky in TEN all of a sudden.

Sorry if this is more Assistant Coach thread material, but what are people's thoughts on Zuerlein?  I was lucky to land him, but with the match-up vs. JAX this week and the bye in Week 8, considering dropping him for Butker.  But mentally hard to drop the highest scoring kicker to date.  Is Zuerlein that valuable that it's worth weathering this week, or am I creating value in my head that doesn't exist?

Users who are viewing this thread