What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Raiders/Titans Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Good game though, except for the officiating.One more game left and I'll be at it... Go Eagles!
Have a great time, Lehigh. I'll bet it will be twice as loud in Philly tomorrow as it was in Tennessee tonight. That new stadium was designed to bring the noise.

What a joke of a game all the way around. The refs were a joke, how do you blow a call on a touchdown? That is unexcusable, plus neither ref had the balls to come out and make the call right away they both had to look at each other to decide the call. The ref's were almost as bad as our special teams, which other than the kickers just flat out sucked. Gannon's freaken happy feet show that his head isn't all there yet. The Titans got nice and conservative and tried to give the game back. :rant:

I think the Titans will win the AFC.....They just have that feeling that you can play your best game against em and it still wont be good enough.

Haven't had a chance to chime in, but here are my thoughts:Very entertaining game between the two teams. Tennessee's crowd and defense were great. The Raiders could not move the ball early in the game and that cost them the game. If their offense played better, perhaps a few more field goal opportunities and at least make the Titans drive the length of the field, something they only did once.The tuck rule is a bull#### rule, but should have been ruled an incomplete pass although I'm vehemently against that rule. Such a ####ing joke in that the officials don't even know how to rule it.Horrible calls:Against Raiders:- Woodson fumble recovery (whistle blew too soon)- Touchdown out of bounds (no way the receiver could have caught that in bounds)- Late pass interference call (completely uncatchable)Against Titans- Tuck rule (while that was ruled how I think it should be ruled, it's not how the NFL rulebook says it should)Bottom line, the Raiders did not play well enough to overcome bad calls, great Tennessee defense, and a loud crowd. McNair was also very impressive.I guess I'll be sporting a Titans avatar for the next week.Good win Titans. Good close game and a playoff rematch is not out of the question. Looking forward to it.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought the call on Mason's TD was correct.Mason left the ground from inbounds and jumped straight up in to the air.  He had no momentum that would have carried him out of bounds until after he was hit.  Sure, the leg flailing and the fact that he ended up well beyond the line makes it look bad, but that was all a result of the hit.I do agree that its pathetic that it can't be reviewed.
Sorry, you don't know football. It is a judgement whether he would come down in bounds. Unless you are an NFL official or Tommy Titan, it is 1,000,000,000% evident he was not coming down in bounds.
I know football and physics (mechanical engineer) and that was a blown call.
Watched it again and it was a bad call. Don't know what I saw the first time. Oh well.The problem, to me, isn't that they called it wrong. The play happens fast, and thats a tough judgment call. But it can't be reviewed? WTF?

Well, I am not going to read 5+ pages of he said she said, but I wanted to check in. Good win for the Titans. Hentrich is the man. I know he is only a "kicker", but he was clutch. I would have lost a lot of money on that 49 yard field goal attempt had I had anyone to bet with. Raiders looked like they were playing Tampa again last February. Let's not do jack until the end of the game and then do too little too late. Titan crowd was great, but wtf is up with the "flamehead nation"? Is that really a moniker that you all would self-appoint? :brush: Good win by the Titans. Both teams better shape up cause that was a sloppy game. Good thing for the Titans is how easy their division is. They should be able to handle everyone in it. The Raiders are going to be in for a long season if they intend to play like that all year. K.C., Denver, and San Diego will not let them win the division with all those penalties and crappy play-calling.

Regardless of how the Raiders do, when you add their total yardage and then subtract their penalties... They probably have around 10 positive yards.Flag happy refs, and some pretty lame calls. George is healthy and is still not running the ball any better and Porter never showed.That about sums up the game right there.PS: McNair looked good passing the ball. He is a solid pickup every year.

Come on Raider fans, don't get discouraged. We play two opponents every week!
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought the call on Mason's TD was correct.Mason left the ground from inbounds and jumped straight up in to the air. He had no momentum that would have carried him out of bounds until after he was hit. Sure, the leg flailing and the fact that he ended up well beyond the line makes it look bad, but that was all a result of the hit.I do agree that its pathetic that it can't be reviewed.
Sorry, you don't know football. It is a judgement whether he would come down in bounds.
No it isn't. Read the rules.

Good game though, except for the officiating.

One more game left and I'll be at it... Go Eagles!
Have a great time, Lehigh. I'll bet it will be twice as loud in Philly tomorrow as it was in Tennessee tonight. That new stadium was designed to bring the noise.
Not even close! It was LOUD in Nashville. I taped the game and listened to it and compared it to tonight's game. Nothing remotely similar.

Anyone know what happened to Jerry Porter? I didnt see him in a play during the second half.
Reaggravated an adominal strain, Porter has been hampered by it for a few weeks. Porter took himself out of the game.

Not even close! It was LOUD in Nashville. I taped the game and listened to it and compared it to tonight's game. Nothing remotely similar.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: What a dork. Don't know which is worse, doing it or admitting it.

The Coliseum in Nashville will be ROCKING Sunday Night.Titans enjoy one of the greatest home field advantages in the NFL.
Yeah, that will be the deciding factor.Raiders are not used to hostile crowds and people getting up for them. You can usually hear golf claps and pins dropping in Arrowhead and Whatever the new Denver stadium is called.
LOL...true that.I do think early control of the field and crowd will be important though. I've been to enough football games (all since they've been back) to know what a crowds energy can do FOR a team. Yes the Raiders have handled plenty of big games with big crowds. The RAiders will not be affected too much either way by the crowd (other than pssibly in hurry up/audible situations). however, The Raiders still need to take the wind out of the Titans early and not let a fevor pitch be reached by the crowd and the players. In that essence, the crowd and the emotions that flow through a stadium in this type of game are VERY important.
Jsut what I was worried about. The Raiders got the coin toss, did not drive very well, and did not control the field position well from the onset. I was surprised our cover teams did as poorly as they did to contribute to this. There were alot of factors involved in all of this, but I'm sure they've been discussed already. That crowd was fantastic for the Titans and once they reached a fever pitch, they helped to control the game. It ended up happening the way I said I was worried it would in my first post on this thread.I was wrong about the team being able to handle the crowd, at first. I do think the Raiders would not have even been in position to win the game, if it were not for their ability to play in this type of environment though. Oxymoron you say? No it's not.I am not going to go into the details and my opinion on all the "controversial calls". All I can say is that when there are 530 toes on a football team and all 530 have bullet holes in them at the end of the game from shooting themselves in the feet. Well you just can't do that in this league and expect to win.Kudos to the Titans and their fans. I've been to quite a few games with that type of environment and feeling, they are special to be at and you will always remember them. Congrats, grudgingly so.A playoff rematch will not be surprising to me. Who will have homefield? That may very well be the key. This basically puts the Titans up two games for that from the outset. (first tie breaker head to head may haunt the Raiders in seedings)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: What a dork. Don't know which is worse, doing it or admitting it.
Doing what? Going to the game and watching the Raiders get beat?

Users who are viewing this thread