What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The playoffs are just better when.... (1 Viewer)

Flipper Rules

Footballguy
There are just some teams that have to make the playoffs or be involved in the post season it to seem legit.

College football has USC, Ohio State, Michigan

College basketball has Carolina, Indiana, Kentucky

Hockey has the Red Wings...you get the idea

For me here are the teams that make the playoffs "feel" like the playoffs:

NFC (in no particular order)

Dallas (everyone loves or hates them)

San Francisco (all those years with Montanta and Rice)

Chicago (something about teams that wear black)

Green Bay (the frozen tundra of Lambeau field)

Washington (several super bowls and they just always seem to be around)

Philadelphia (started in the early 80's)

Honorable mention: Minnesota (lots of Super Bowl losses, but are in the conversation); NY Giants (spurts of dominance)

AFC

Miami (the perfect '72 season, something about the orange and turquoise unis and helmets

Pittsburgh (another team that wears black, the blue collar-grind it out work ethic)

Denver (the orange crush from the mid 70's, John Elway, football in the snow)

Oakland (the bad boys of professional football)

Cleveland (something about those plain orange helmets and allll that history)

New England (a tip of the to recent memory)

Honorable mention: Indianapolis (Peyton also puts this team on the list single handedly)

Kansas City (top 5 in fan atmosphere, always flirting with potential)

If you could pick your "dream" playoff teams who would they be, in other words what helmets and unis do you see that just "feel" like the NFL this time of year?

Despite how woeful they have been since '02 I think the only answer to this question is Oakland.

No team was more hated and reviled than the Raiders.

I remember when Charles Haley was traded from SF to Dallas there were rumors of a provision in the trade where Dallas could not trade Haley to another team in the NFC West OR to the Raiders.

Homer: Who's going to win today.

Lisa Simpson: The Sea Hawks because they have something to prove, the 49ers because they are pure of heart and the Raiders because they always cheat.

The playoffs and the NFL in general are better when the Raiders are competitive.

Flipper Rules said:
There are just some teams that have to make the playoffs or be involved in the post season it to seem legit.

College football has USC, Ohio State, Michigan

College basketball has Carolina, Indiana, Kentucky

Hockey has the Red Wings...you get the idea

For me here are the teams that make the playoffs "feel" like the playoffs:

NFC (in no particular order)

Dallas (everyone loves or hates them)

San Francisco (all those years with Montanta and Rice)

Chicago (something about teams that wear black)

The Bears wear blue uniforms, not black....still feel the same way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Growing up in the 80s I always loved the playoff games with the Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Bears or 49ers.

AFC-wise, I am pretty partial to KC through the 1990s, but definitely did not feel like January without Miami, Pittsburgh or the Bills for a time. I can't stand DEN, OAK or SD lol so anytime those teams are in it detracts from it.

Users who are viewing this thread