What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Rent is Too Damn High (1 Viewer)

Here in Memphis, unfortunately Section 8 housing is borderline the death knell for an apartment complex.

Almost without exception as soon as complex begins accepting Section 8 vouchers, crime skyrockets, and the property begins "wearing" at a far faster rate.  The aesthetic dip is partially tenants trashing the place (leaving crap everywhere, breaking/damaging common property, etc) and partially from diminished maintenance (many complexes that take Section 8 do it to extract max profits, which means spending less on upkeep). 

It's sad but public subsidized housing in this city has earned an extremely negative connotation. Not sure what the fix is. I don't know how you force people to care about their community and take care of property they don't own. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever thought about not posting in them?    We've all heard your opinion on 1/6.  Do you really need to repeat it every day?  It sort of makes you look unhinged and uninformed.  Maybe take a break.

Here's the weird thing with this request:  We all know YOUR opinions (you and the others who post) too.  Why do you guys continue to post in them?  After all, we already know your opinion.  Do you really need to repeat it every day as well?

See how this works?  I'm just coming at it from the opposite end but we're literally doing the same thing.  :shrug:

"1 tiny mistake and her housing was gone"

Yeah. I am sure that's it. I am sure she paid rent on time every month and he just evicted her for no reason. 

"1 tiny mistake and her housing was gone"

Yeah. I am sure that's it. I am sure she paid rent on time every month and he just evicted her for no reason. 
Good point.

An eviction hearing is like step 10 in the process.  At that point there is little room for error.

Users who are viewing this thread