What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (2 Viewers)

He had to break 3 tackles to gain 5 yards....next play he's met 5 yards in the backfield as he gets the handoff.

I'm sure someone can find a way to spin this into a Bradshaw win! Come on Humpback! You can do it! Kool-Aid!

Last edited by a moderator:
KoolAid! Where are you? Did you run out of artificial sweetner? You gotta do better than that!

You guys bagging on Bradshaw (and Brown, Ballard, etc.) realize that doing so only makes Richardson look worse, right?
Not really? That was a pathetic attempt at scoring
Better than no attempt at scoring...
FANTASTIC!!! I knew you had it in you!!!!!
:lmao:

You're right, I'd rather my "studs" sat on the bench than get those annoying goal line opportunities that no one wants.

You guys bagging on Bradshaw (and Brown, Ballard, etc.) realize that doing so only makes Richardson look worse, right?

You're right, I'd rather my "studs" sat on the bench than get those annoying goal line opportunities that no one wants.
So now he was "benched"? Interesting perspective. You know, the same thing happened to Drew Brees after the first quarter of preseason game 3. What the hell is going on here!?!?!? :o Must say Herron looks great so far.

So now he was "benched"? Interesting perspective. You know, the same thing happened to Drew Brees after the first quarter of preseason game 3. What the hell is going on here!?!?!? :o
If you watched the game you might find out.

So now he was "benched"? Interesting perspective. You know, the same thing happened to Drew Brees after the first quarter of preseason game 3. What the hell is going on here!?!?!? :o Must say Herron looks great so far.
ummm...your guy has 17 yds to herron's 25 (and counting), I believe

dude has more splinters in his ### than yards

This thread is great. Regardless of what I think about TRich, you guys on both sides are really burnin' the house down. Part of me thinks Richardson has multiple accounts on here, is posting contesting arguments, and that's why he can't stay focused during games.

So far so good.
2 carries for 13 yards and then, damn, back to old Trent again with 4 carries for 4 yards.
that was about the same as the last game, I think.

pretty sure he had a 7 or 8 yarder early where he filled blocked space, and a 5 yarder or two where he did most of the work, so a few good runs -- then like 9 runs for 10 yds.

the problem is if your highlight reel consists of a 5 yd run I think your career is on life support.

He is the reason why tailbacks will never be first rounders anymore unless they look like prime OJ Simpson or Barry Sanders in college. A blocking fullback with 30 pounds of extra bulk on him on runs up the gut with 8 men in the box can put up numbers like that...

He is the reason why tailbacks will never be first rounders anymore unless they look like prime OJ Simpson or Barry Sanders in college. A blocking fullback with 30 pounds of extra bulk on him on runs up the gut with 8 men in the box can put up numbers like that...
Gurley may disagree

And JaMarcus Russell is the reason quarterbacks will never be first rounders anymore.

He's muscular and seems in good shape but my initial thought when the game started was he looks too big. Could probably stand to lose 20 lbs.

he isn't an uber stud, but will get volume and he needs volume. he isn't a sprinter and never was. he gets better as the game goes on normally. the colts oline is terrible, its why luck has so many rushing yards himself because he is scrambling for his health.

he isn't an uber stud, but will get volume and he needs volume. he isn't a sprinter and never was. he gets better as the game goes on normally. the colts oline is terrible, its why luck has so many rushing yards himself because he is scrambling for his health.
Why do people keep saying this? The Colts aren't going to keep feeding him the ball if it isn't working- just look at last season.

Why do people keep saying this? The Colts aren't going to keep feeding him the ball if it isn't working- just look at last season.
yeah, we're throwing all those single digit carry games out -- never happened lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Thought he looked at least decent on those first two carries. Followed his blocking, showed patience, burst through the hole. Granted, I did not see the carries after those.

As much as people in here want to pile on, he certainly has some value.

Thought he looked at least decent on those first two carries. Followed his blocking, showed patience, burst through the hole. Granted, I did not see the carries after those.

As much as people in here want to pile on, he certainly has some value.
I watched all of his carries last night several times and there's nothing he does that any other RB in the NFL can't do. He still tip toes around the LOS.

His best carry was his 2nd for 8 yards and even then he looks sluggish. He gains extra yards because he's strong and hard to tackle but as a runner he's mediocre.

Richardson has a place in the NFL but it's at FB, not RB.

I was a supporter of him at least as a high volume play coming into the preseason but have to admit he looks slow even with the poor line play... Kind of disappointed in myself I traded for him. Luckily I was throwing mud at the wall in that league but when week one comes around I'm probably going Ingram or Miller over him.

i dob't have much confidence in bradshaw really. the injury spooks me somehow. is herron really the play here then? they'll grind away with combo featuring trent and ahmad for a bit but is it realistic to think herron gets real, meaningful carries at some point?

i dob't have much confidence in bradshaw really. the injury spooks me somehow. is herron really the play here then? they'll grind away with combo featuring trent and ahmad for a bit but is it realistic to think herron gets real, meaningful carries at some point?
I think Herron's play is going to demand it. He's a no nonsense, hit the hole type of runner.

Users who are viewing this thread