What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (2 Viewers)

Off the top of my head I can't think of many running back trades were the team getting the running back has got the better end of the deal. Marshall Faulk deal might be the one notable exception.
Corey Dillon was a true beast for the Patriots in the 2004 season and helped them win their last Super Bowl. I'm not sure who the Bengals took with the second round pick the Pats traded for Dillon, but it seems worth it given the Lombardi Trophy outcome.

The Colts bent over the Browns on trade value.

They did it so they can draft a QB next year, having a stud RB with a garbage QB is not going to help the Browns win. BAD value by the Browns, but the logic is sound.
So you think they should have gotten more than a 1st-round pick?
Just saying Richardson is more valuable than say the 25th pick.
Based on what, scouting reports? He sure as hell has not played like it.

Off the top of my head I can't think of many running back trades were the team getting the running back has got the better end of the deal. Marshall Faulk deal might be the one notable exception.
Why did the Colts get the better end of the deal?

Most posts saying the Colts crushed the trade don't have much to back it up with. Just sayin...

FBG asleep at the wheel here? Looking for fantasy advice and silence....
A lot of them are posting advice on Twitter right now.
I subscribe to FBGs. I don't subscribe to twitter.
This just broke bro. It takes a certain level of production to get this stuff together. If you need to make a move, use your own abilities instead of waiting for someone to manage your teams for you. These sites are guides.
Really bro? How long does it take to send out an e-mail? Longer than twitter?
You can't be serious. There is a chain of command that needs to be addressed. They need to put together the advice which often requires collaborating, produce the info and then put it out into an email, followed by site content. Twitter takes about 30 seconds.
Come on man, they should've had an email ready to send for #### like this, with player and team breakdowns of all involved, even if they didn't know who was involved. And then called every paid subscriber personally to give them the news and personal advice for their crappy fantasy teams.

This just broke bro. It takes a certain level of production to get this stuff together. If you need to make a move, use your own abilities instead of waiting for someone to manage your teams for you. These sites are guides.
You can't be serious. There is a chain of command that needs to be addressed. They need to put together the advice which often requires collaborating, produce the info and then put it out into an email, followed by site content. Twitter takes about 30 seconds.
Come on man, they should've had an email ready to send for #### like this, with player and team breakdowns of all involved, even if they didn't know who was involved. And then called every paid subscriber personally to give them the news and personal advice for their crappy fantasy teams.
I got my email at 6:55

Major 'wow' @ everyone thinking this is a bad deal for the Browns. RB is in the bottom half of important positions IRL.

For Fantasy, I am not happy as TRich & Bradshaw are my top 2 backs. At first I was pissed to get home & see McGahee had already been scooped up. But then I remembered the Giants worked him out and said "hey what's Bradon Jacobs' #?".
They have shown they suck at drafting. What good is that pick when you blow it?
The teams that you think are good/bad at drafting are almost never as good/bad as you think.

They actually just sucking at finding a QB, much like every other team that sucks for a long time.

Besides, they have a new Front Office.

At first I was pissed to get home & see McGahee had already been scooped up. But then I remembered the Giants worked him out and said "hey what's Bradon Jacobs' #?".
From what I've heard the Giants choosing Jacobs over McGahee had to do with Jacobs knowing the Giants offense and not with how McGahee looked.

Thats borderline criminal isn't it?? I think you can press charges, at the least you should sue.

Not a good sign for Trent. 2 coaches who know a thing or two about rbs, 2 games into their tenure, cut ties.

Studs don't get traded two games into their second season.
Unless he wanted out and didn't want to waste his prime on an organization that can never get their #### together.

The reaching for maybe he's hurt makes no sense. He's shown no signs of an injury and do teams trade their franchise players every time they get hurt, even if he was?

I think this spells nothing but a great future for TRich and helps Luck, Wayne, and Hilton owners since now they will have a running game people need to respect and opens up the passing game even more.

Any chance Cleveland had of being relevant is gone once again. I have Cameron in almost every league and I hope this doesn't hurt him too much but now he's pretty much the only weapon they have besides Gordon.

Got mine at 7:08pm

I still haven't received an email about this from FBG, which is absurd. I don't want to get in the middle of a debate about the merits of twitter and whatnot. At this point, hours after news of the trade broke, I should have an email.

this is waiving the white flag 2 games in though

that's pretty unprecedented, even jax is pretending they have a chance
So are they waiving the white flag forever? They just traded a second year RB who they gave up a ton for. You don't make this kind of trade unless you are not satisfied with a players on field performance, chance to improve as a player, or attitude.
forever?

where did i say forever

waiving the white flag on this season
You didn't, but you don't throw away a second year guy who you invested a ton into if you are just throwing away one season. You hold on to that guy and build with him unless there is more to this then we know. I believe they are not satisfied with either his future on the field or his attitude.

Why is it assumed the Colts will be picking in the 20s?

I saw a team with an atrocious O-line that just lost one of the league's best blocking TE's, that squeaked by the Raiders @ home & lost @ home to a non-contender in Miami.

Good move for both, but I'm not assuming the Colts make the playoffs..

I still haven't received an email about this from FBG, which is absurd. I don't want to get in the middle of a debate about the merits of twitter and whatnot. At this point, hours after news of the trade broke, I should have an email.
Completely agree. I know FBG is not the best option for breaking football news but I would expect an email MUCH earlier than when they sent.

Thats borderline criminal isn't it?? I think you can press charges, at the least you should sue.
I don't get this. It's perfectly reasonable for paying subscribers to be upset that it's taking so long to get news like this emailed to them, when right on the footballguys site:

Why Subscribe?

5. BREAKING NEWS EMAIL UPDATES

One of the features subscribers continually tell us is the most useful is our Breaking News Email Updates. When you have our staff of 40+ guys, plus a network of thousands of contacts across the country, it's a fantastic "grapevine" for obtaining news and insights.

When the local radio announces Peyton Manning tweaked a hamstring in practice 10 minutes ago, you'll know about it with a Footballguys Breaking News Email. It's like being plugged into the world's best information network. Our readers will consistently be aware of breaking news.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, surprised.

By the way, I still haven't gotten one.

Why did the Colts get the better end of the deal?

Most posts saying the Colts crushed the trade don't have much to back it up with. Just sayin...
I made the post because I am not sure the Colts did get the better end of the deal. The value of a running back in the real NFL is a lot lower than it is in fantasy football that is for sure.

Not a good sign for Trent. 2 coaches who know a thing or two about rbs, 2 games into their tenure, cut ties.

Studs don't get traded two games into their second season.
Unless he wanted out and didn't want to waste his prime on an organization that can never get their #### together.

The reaching for maybe he's hurt makes no sense. He's shown no signs of an injury and do teams trade their franchise players every time they get hurt, even if he was?

I think this spells nothing but a great future for TRich and helps Luck, Wayne, and Hilton owners since now they will have a running game people need to respect and opens up the passing game even more.

Any chance Cleveland had of being relevant is gone once again. I have Cameron in almost every league and I hope this doesn't hurt him too much but now he's pretty much the only weapon they have besides Gordon.
Didn't want out. Supposedly he's completely shocked and upset. And Cleveland's chance of being relevant is gone now? NOW??? Why...did Trent have them on the verge of exploding into the elite tier or something?

Why is it assumed the Colts will be picking in the 20s?

I saw a team with an atrocious O-line that just lost one of the league's best blocking TE's, that squeaked by the Raiders @ home & lost @ home to a non-contender in Miami.

Good move for both, but I'm not assuming the Colts make the playoffs..
Good ? I think it's because all the years later people believe Parcells' bogus quote about records instead of understanding how lucky you have to be to win 11 games with a negative point differential.

So in case you don't remember, the browns traded up from #4 to #3 to grab Trent Richardson LOL.

So this is 2012 first (4th overall), fourth (118th overall), fifth (139th overall), and seventh round (211th overall) selections from 2012 for a likely lower 1/3 2014 first rounder....

Luck's a smart kid, and I think he'll REALLY utilize Richardson in the passing game too, something Cleveland failed to do so far this year...

So in case you don't remember, the browns traded up from #4 to #3 to grab Trent Richardson LOL.

So this is 2012 first (4th overall), fourth (118th overall), fifth (139th overall), and seventh round (211th overall) selections from 2012 for a likely lower 1/3 2014 first rounder....
Yeah looks bad when you look at it that way.

Maybe even worse considering Greg Little, Weeden were key components of the Julio Jones deal. To my knowledge, Phil Taylor's the only useful player they got from that.

What happened last year is meaningless to Lombardi and Banner.

Painful for Browns fans though.

Maurice Clarett @ReeseClarett13

@Browns can I get a workout? I still have plenty of mileage on these legs..!!!!!!
Maurice Clarett @ReeseClarett13@Browns I had behavior problems that I cleaned up. Never had playing problems.
I think he's serious. :mellow:
call me crazy, but I think it would be worth at least a tryout.

PS, any chance T Rich gets meaningful reps this week? Reeeally don't want to start Ridley again this week.

In regards to Reich's stats...I'd like to point out again that he played 7 games with completely broken ribs and another two this year with a completely broken offense.

Shoulda drafted Tannehill. :hey:

I don't get this. It's perfectly reasonable for paying subscribers to be upset that it's taking so long to get news like this emailed to them, when right on the footballguys site:

Why Subscribe?

5. BREAKING NEWS EMAIL UPDATES

One of the features subscribers continually tell us is the most useful is our Breaking News Email Updates. When you have our staff of 40+ guys, plus a network of thousands of contacts across the country, it's a fantastic "grapevine" for obtaining news and insights.

When the local radio announces Peyton Manning tweaked a hamstring in practice 10 minutes ago, you'll know about it with a Footballguys Breaking News Email. It's like being plugged into the world's best information network. Our readers will consistently be aware of breaking news.
Bingo. I also subscribe to a couple of other paid sites. They had an e-mail out almost immediately. I've gotten plenty of e-mails from FBGs regarding other breaking news. They were slow on this one.

And to those suggesting that we should make up your own mind and make our own decision, then what exactly do we pay FBGs for? We do make up our own minds, but we subscribe to FBGs for advice and input. The more information you have to make a decision the better.

Corey Dillon was a true beast for the Patriots in the 2004 season and helped them win their last Super Bowl. I'm not sure who the Bengals took with the second round pick the Pats traded for Dillon, but it seems worth it given the Lombardi Trophy outcome.
Has Portis been mentioned yet?

I go to sleep for 3 hours and wake up to find out that the Colts are probably going to win the AFC south now?

WTF Cleveland, why do you hate your franchise so much.

TRich + Bradshaw is gonna be a sick backfield for Luck.

Has Portis been mentioned yet?
They said where the team that got the running back got the better end of the trade. I think Denver got the better end of this trade

Bingo. I also subscribe to a couple of other paid sites. They had an e-mail out almost immediately. I've gotten plenty of e-mails from FBGs regarding other breaking news. They were slow on this one.

And to those suggesting that we should make up your own mind and make our own decision, then what exactly do we pay FBGs for? We do make up our own minds, but we subscribe to FBGs for advice and input. The more information you have to make a decision the better.
Even calling them "slow" on this one is being very, very nice, considering I STILL haven't seen an email from them.

Care to share what the other sites are that got you emails quickly?

If this board has private messages you can send one if you don't want to post competitors on SP

I go to sleep for 3 hours and wake up to find out that the Colts are probably going to win the AFC south now?

WTF Cleveland, why do you hate your franchise so much.

TRich + Bradshaw is gonna be a sick backfield for Luck.
Oline and D still need major work. This helps though.

Why is anyone waiting or relying on FBG for breaking news when there are several apps on mobile devices that are far faster and reliable?

Except they had already won two SB's with the worst starting RB in the AFC at the time.

Except they had already won two SB's with the worst starting RB in the AFC at the time.
This means nothing in relation to 2004.

Guys...Joe send out breaking news himself when he gets it, but the guy has a life also. It's WEDNESDAY EVENING....not exactly a "prime time" for this kind of news.

I appreciate the email heads-ups, and maybe Joe should consider having a backup or two for stuff like this (in-season anyway), but it's still WEDNESDAY.

Users who are viewing this thread