What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Wheel of Time on Amazon (2 Viewers)

Caught the first episode last night, liked it and excite for the other two tonight.
Just out of curiosity, what did you like about it?

It's been ages since I've read the books this season is allegedly based on, but the show seems to want very little to do with them. Shocking how little Rand - the purported main character (or is it Moraine?) - was in the episode. Putting up a Bel Tine lantern? They should have just left him out of episode 1 if that's all they were going to do.

W/r/t characterizations, one good change/one bad. Nynaeve is at least refraining from pulling on her hair every 5 seconds, but they've got Liandrin stopping just short of twirling her mustache.
Christ on a crutch.

I might continue as a hate watch when I can find the time. Or maybe I'll just reread the books I made it through and then finish the series.

Amazon's record, outside of The Boys and maybe the Peripheral, is terrible.

Caught the first episode last night, liked it and excite for the other two tonight.

It's been ages since I've read the books this season is allegedly based on, but the show seems to want very little to do with them. Shocking how little Rand - the purported main character (or is it Moraine?) - was in the episode. Putting up a Bel Tine lantern? They should have just left him out of episode 1 if that's all they were going to do.

W/r/t characterizations, one good change/one bad. Nynaeve is at least refraining from pulling on her hair every 5 seconds, but they've got Liandrin stopping just short of twirling her mustache.
Christ on a crutch.

I might continue as a hate watch when I can find the time. Or maybe I'll just reread the books I made it through and then finish the series.

Rand not being in it much is exactly what happens in book 2. He takes off to figure things out and not get people hurt. I thought episode 2 was better than 1 and 3 was better than 2, so i like where they're headed. The Seanchan seem awesome, too.

Last edited:

Christ on a crutch.

The expanse was good, invincible is good.

I have not read the books but I like wheel of time so far.

I'll agree on Man in the High Castle and Outer Range, but the others? Maisel's 1st season was ok.

As far as the Expanse and Mr. Robot go, you might as well list Taxi (ABC) and and Freaks & Geeks (NBC), which are also available on Amazon prime.
The Expanse debuted on Syfy.
Mr. Robot was USA network.

It seems to be that Amazon fumbles existing, extensive IP, particularly as of late.
I'm glad to hear you think the next episodes are better; I hope I agree with you.

Christ on a crutch.

Rand not being in it much is exactly what happens in book 2. He takes off to figure things out and not get people hurt. I thought episode 2 was better than 1 and 3 was better than 2, so i like where they're headed. The Seanchan seem awesome, too.

That's confusing book 2 and 3. Only time Rand isn't with Ingtar in book 2 is when Selene and a portal stone is involved. Then he (and Hurin and Loial) rejoin them when Ingtar catches up in Cairhien. Attack in the mountains opening book 3 (the one that triggers Masema) is what sparks Rand to go on his own.

Christ on a crutch.

That's confusing book 2 and 3. Only time Rand isn't with Ingtar in book 2 is when Selene and a portal stone is involved. Then he (and Hurin and Loial) rejoin them when Ingtar catches up in Cairhien. Attack in the mountains opening book 3 (the one that triggers Masema) is what sparks Rand to go on his own.
Thanks, yeah I was a book off.

Ingtar is another positive imo. Love the actor and his facial reaction in episode 2 to the Fade on the door was great. Hope they nail his storyline.

I'll agree on Man in the High Castle and Outer Range, but the others? Maisel's 1st season was ok.

As far as the Expanse and Mr. Robot go, you might as well list Taxi (ABC) and and Freaks & Geeks (NBC), which are also available on Amazon prime.

It seems to be that Amazon fumbles existing, extensive IP, particularly as of late.
I'm glad to hear you think the next episodes are better; I hope I agree with you.

The last 3 seasons of Expanse were produced by Amazon they picked it up after Syfy cancelled it i believe. The last season suffers because one of the good actors got hit by #me too, but i blame him for the issues in the last season and not amazon.

Ok, so I watched the second episode of season 2. Ignoring the source material, it was a much better episode. At least this time when Moraine runs off she has an Aes Sedai and 2 willing/1 shanghaied warders with her.

Again, I read the books probably 30 years ago so my memory might be playing tricks on me. However, the first 3 books for sure were the best (I tapped out after it turned into a slog). Now I'm not saying the production should be a beat-for-beat slavish adaptation of the books (see: Potter, Harry for reference), but for crying aloud, you might want to keep to some of it. It was pretty good! So far, the only piece that seems to be on track is Perrin's story (if you ignore his being given an additional ability and their merging of multiple characters into one).

In retrospect, it's getting to the point where they should have billed this as "inspired by" or "based on characters from" The Wheel of Time. This show makes me thankful for Game of Thrones (at least the part of the series that had the books to work from).

Also through 2 episodes of season 2. Having read the books fairly recently, it's hard for me to reconcile and judge the series without thinking of the books. At this point, I'm concerned that they're screwing up the Seanchan in a big way.

Christ on a crutch.

I got through Book 3, and what you wrote here might as well have been in a foreign language. :lol: I guess I am not remembering or comprehending much.

Christ on a crutch.

I got through Book 3, and what you wrote here might as well have been in a foreign language. :lol: I guess I am not remembering or comprehending much.

Heh, sorry man. Even though it was in a spoiler I didn't want to give more details than minimum needed to spark memory.

Christ on a crutch.

Heh, sorry man. Even though it was in a spoiler I didn't want to give more details than minimum needed to spark memory.
no worries here, I just thought it was funny I had no idea what you were talking about even though I read the first few books.

Episode 4 was very good IMO. Really like the casting they've done as well. Ingtar, Selene, New Mat, Min and Logain are all very well casted. I even like Elayne lol

Another really good episode imo. Selene’s transition to Lanfear was awesome. That actress nails the cold look I associate with Lanfear.

Good call on Mr Robot

I thought the last three season of The Expanse were their best, and those three were done by Amazon
Note that I did say debuted. With a good direction set, Amazon couldn't screw it up. Reasonable people can disagree on which was the best season. I liked S1 best.
I agree with @the moops that the last 3 seasons were really good and even with direction set, the storyline did move quite a bit away from early with the detective. Personally, I think it’s one of my all time favorites because it did progress and change while not dropping main arcs and didn’t really have weak points. Beginning to end was solid and Amazon did a really good job of going well above just not screwing it up.

You can add this to the list of shows I started watching and tapped out on.
I wonder if I'd have liked it better if I hadn't read the books.

Users who are viewing this thread