What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

There Will Always Be A Disruption In The Algorithm, The Demand Met By A Bodega (2 Viewers)

Well there are probably two ways to think about the unaddressed.  One is things that we know now that machines can’t do well and the other is new needs that will result that from a more algorithmically advanced society.

i think that anything around human emotion and wellness is probably a significant place.  I’ve read about this before, but there is a long wapo article today about content moderators in the Philippines for Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.  They have to review some of the most heinous social media posts out there (which I guess are tagged by algorithm) and decide whether they need to be removed, flagged or allowed.  Now this creates a tremendous psychological strain and the companies are supposed to be providing counseling, although there are disputes about how well they are doing and really there is probably a limit to how much help they can get anyway.

so anything that truly involves the human condition is probably where to start.
Interesting and common sensical. It would seem that only other humans have the capacity to understand what it is like to human. Someone upthread mentioned art, which is inherent (if latent) in all of us as human. 

Users who are viewing this thread