What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

They Chicken Little'd Themselves So Badly That We're Stuck With This Monstrosity of a Man (1 Viewer)

Did he say we need Pete because he is gay...or that Pete might be a good candidate who also happens to be gay?
Probably somewhere in between.  If they are selling him as a candidate who is gay, that is taking away from his qualification’S to do the job, agree?

Donald Trump vs. Mayor Pete. Who you taking?

I'll go first: Mayor Pete.

You're up.
I’m in a deep blue state so I vote third party. If I were in a swing state I probably still vote third party because Pete is a radical enviro-leftist who would get trounced by Trump because African Americans won’t vote for a gay guy. If I were in a swing state and it was Pete vs. a Trump who happened to be gay, I’d vote for the gay Trump. 

When you offer me Donald Trump vs blank, it doesn’t matter too much to me who the blank is. 

I mean, I’d vote for Trump if he were running against Herschel Walker I suppose. 

Tough decision. Sensible guy experienced in the nuts and bolts of governance or raging narcissist who doesn't let ignorance impede his lust for personal power and aggrandizement.

A real conundrum here.

I’m in a deep blue state so I vote third party. If I were in a swing state I probably still vote third party because Pete is a radical enviro-leftist who would get trounced by Trump because African Americans won’t vote for a gay guy. If I were in a swing state and it was Pete vs. a Trump who happened to be gay, I’d vote for the gay Trump. 
Reported for leaving us all with than mental image

Never supported Pete in 2020 because I don't think someone can go from mayor of South Bend to the White House. I basically viewed him as if Barack Obama had tried to run for president in 2000 (and even that's making the very generous assumption that he has the capability of becoming an Obama by 2028).

But I will say one thing that's always impressed me is his ability to make really clear, concise arguments. That's an underrated skill in politics, and the reason his Fox News hits often go viral. But it's also not sufficient by itself to make someone qualified for president.

I saw recently that he had officially changed his residency from Indiana to Michigan. Ostensibly, that's because his husband is from there, and they wanted to be close to his family in order to have help with their kids. But it's hard to ignore that this opens up the possibility of him getting elected to statewide office there, which was never going to happen in Indiana. I wonder if he stays in the Cabinet until 2024 and then moves back and spends the next two years laying the groundwork to run in the open governor's race in '26.

Never supported Pete in 2020 because I don't think someone can go from mayor of South Bend to the White House. I basically viewed him as if Barack Obama had tried to run for president in 2000 (and even that's making the very generous assumption that he has the capability of becoming an Obama by 2028).

But I will say one thing that's always impressed me is his ability to make really clear, concise arguments. That's an underrated skill in politics, and the reason his Fox News hits often go viral. But it's also not sufficient by itself to make someone qualified for president.

I saw recently that he had officially changed his residency from Indiana to Michigan. Ostensibly, that's because his husband is from there, and they wanted to be close to his family in order to have help with their kids. But it's hard to ignore that this opens up the possibility of him getting elected to statewide office there, which was never going to happen in Indiana. I wonder if he stays in the Cabinet until 2024 and then moves back and spends the next two years laying the groundwork to run in the open governor's race in '26.
I through the same thing about Pete running for governor here.

Users who are viewing this thread