What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things Canada does better than the US of A (2 Viewers)

1. National Anthem

2. Hockey

3. National Symbol. Maple Leaf >>>> Bald Eagle

4. Maple Syrup

5. The use of the word eh

6. Curling

What do you have
I'll go with eh for national anthem but no way is a ####### maple leaf better than a bald eagle.

There is a much better selection of beer in the US than in Canada.  Not even close.
This is probably true but Canadian beer industry is very protectionist provincially, so we don't get the coast to coast distribution of craft beers like dogfish, goose island etc... referenced above. You get local Ontario beers in Ontario, local Quebec beers in Quebec etc... Nationally the craft beer scene is very diverse but you have to drive province to province to experience it.  I'd put Quebec as a province up against a lot of US states, and Ontario and BC aren't far behind.

Also,

Canadian Falls > American Falls

Canadian Great Lakes > American Great Lakes

Canadian Rockies > American Rockies

Also healthcare and obviously choice in political leaders.

That may be true, although breweries like DogFish, Lagunitas, Goose Island and Ballast Point are nationwide at this point.  

I do think though that the smaller breweries are so intregal to the U.S. beer scene that you can't simply omit them and make this a battle of the macros. 
Screw.your crappy goose island pee beer.

Molson n labatt is all you need

I'll go with eh for national anthem but no way is a ####### maple leaf better than a bald eagle.
Piss off. If you wait long enough that leaf will eventually change colour and then fall off the tree. That gets me chubbed up just thinking about it.

Also,

Canadian Falls > American Falls

Canadian Great Lakes > American Great Lakes

Canadian Rockies > American Rockies

Also healthcare and obviously choice in political leaders.
Huh?  Same lakes except you only get to enjoy 4/5 of them 

Or are you talking about Lake Winnipeg and Great Slave Lake, etc

Screw.your crappy goose island pee beer.

Molson n labatt is all you need
Molson & LaBatt are pretty much the same as Coors Banquet.  If this is the style of beer you enjoy then fine.   I prefer ales to most lagers and I enjoy a variety of style when I drink.  To each his own though...

The woman who sang Oh Canada for the Rangers/Canadians game last night definitely loved herself some Canada, that was a very cool performance.

Then the Rangers scored the winning goal in overtime, silencing the crowd, which was better.

Winning>Canada

The woman who sang Oh Canada for the Rangers/Canadians game last night definitely loved herself some Canada, that was a very cool performance.

Then the Rangers scored the winning goal in overtime, silencing the crowd, which was better.

Winning>Canada
Lol, that is actually what made me think about this. 

I'm aware of the World Lacrosse Championship series. The reason the US wins most of the time is that field lacrosse is the dominant form of the game in the US, while in Canada it is box lacrosse.

Box lacrosse is the better game (to play and to watch) and Canadian players are, on average, more skilled because they have honed their skills playing a rougher game in tighter quarters.

Of all time great players of the sport, both at the NCAA level and in professional/international play, a staggering number are Canadian considering the population difference between Canada and the US.

No, I think this is the thread where the insecure older brother gets threatened by a joke made by the younger brother and puts him in a headlock to show his dominance. 
Worries about our nation's masculinity fueled a lot of presidential votes this past November. The backward hat wearing brigade (sorry, Rud) watching football at Buffalo Wild Wings ain't settling for the U.S. not being able to back everyone else down.

No, I think this is the thread where the insecure older brother gets threatened by a joke made by the younger brother and puts him in a headlock to show his dominance. 
"International Noogies" was the name of my one-man show on climate change. Critics called it "stormy" and "moist".

Users who are viewing this thread