What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things that hardly ever happen in real life, but happen all the time in movies (1 Viewer)

The generally widespread availability odorless, tasteless poison. 

Women respond really positively to all forms of obsessive stalkerish behavior from men. 

Cops getting into constant shoot outs, often racking up body several bodies in a single case.

• My biggest movie pet-peeve are eating scenes where NOBODY eats anything especially small children who run off to school saying they aren't hungry and the parents are fine with it.  Yeah.
Many others, Siskel and Ebert did entire shows about their pet peeves and the biggest was:

• The FRUIT STAND scene that everyone has seen many times where their is a chase and their is a fruit stand or a pane of glass being slowly carried across a road or a baby carriage with the chase heading right towards it. 
Oh my.  What could possibly happen when the two cross path?

• High security computer needs to be hackedPretentious small child pushes adults out of the way.  Starts feverishly clicking away at keyboard.
What could possibly happen?

• The 'I don't have time to explain what happened'.  Just follow (trust) me'.
Will they follow or tell them to take one minute to explain?

• Women in action movies.
The actress says in every interview.  "I'm so glad a woman FINALLY gets to KICK-BUTT.

• Moving dialogue scenes with staged action in the background.
Annoyingly on-the-money action takes place in the immediate background where each sentence is punctuated right on the pre-staged mark in front of something like a cannon as it shoots off.  The actors pause till the action finishes then slowly meander to the next staged scene while perfectly continuing the conversation where voilà, rinse-and-repeat till the end of the dialogue.

• Barking dogs, crying babies, car alarms going off.  Any loud annoying noise permeating a scene.
Really?  That is entertainment?

EYLive said:
Distant blurry video/photos can be digitally enhanced into astonishingly sharp images. And yes... it's the Russian/Middle eastern terrorist!!!
And people always meet at a park bench to give the photo in a manila envelope.  One usually wearing a trenchcoat.

Or, in 50s/60s science fiction, the old, scraggly German scientist has a hot daughter/granddaughter.
Good one. The father/daughter/love interest of Forbidden Planet was one of the first to do that.

Walter Pidgeon, Anne Francis, and the always serious Leslie Nielsen. 

Reloading guns usually constitutes the clip getting dropped, flung out of the gun, or tossed aside.  How many clips are there lying around town?  And why do both sides seem to have an endless supply of clips in their pockets?

Another shooting scene that may have been said already:

Villain has gun pointed at head of our hero. Instead of firing right away, he pauses as long as possible to give just enough time for the hero's support system rush in and shoot the villain dead. 

Another shooting scene that may have been said already:

Villain has gun pointed at head of our hero. Instead of firing right away, he pauses as long as possible to give just enough time for the hero's support system rush in and shoot the villain dead. 
or delays for some other inane reason..............

car chase scenes where cars get all kinds of banged up/shots fired back and forth and yet somehow the cars run at high speeds for a really long time and no road are closed and every bystander gets out of the way;

in those adult movies no one ever says just as the clothes start to come off.. wait, I can't do this... I really should not be having the sechs with "My teacher, sister-in-law, etc"

The hero in the movie always figures something out that no one seems to grasp, based on the most nebulous of clues that combined could mean really anything. 

Reloading guns usually constitutes the clip getting dropped, flung out of the gun, or tossed aside.  How many clips are there lying around town?  And why do both sides seem to have an endless supply of clips in their pockets?
I was laughing the other night at some movie b/c the bad guy ran out of bullets and then just tossed the gun aside.  :lol:    

Seen this happen a lot, and I hope people don't do this IRL.  

I was laughing the other night at some movie b/c the bad guy ran out of bullets and then just tossed the gun aside.  :lol:    

Seen this happen a lot, and I hope people don't do this IRL.  
Out of bullets? Just hide the gun in this trash can while walking down the busy street.

Don't need the disguise?  Just toss them in this trash can while walking down the busy street.

Argument between man and woman, interrupted by a firm kiss (or more) on the woman's mouth, and mid-kiss she turns from anger to lust.

The first prostitute you see always has the exact info of the missing person you're looking for but will never just tell you until you give her some cash or the threat of jail time if you're a cop.

If you're trying to find someone, good or bad, in an enormous crowd of people, just give it a second or two to quickly pan around and you'll easily spot him/her.

If needed, someone in your network can set you up with everything you need for a new identity. 

why is it that when a couple is u,m, interrupted, by a friend, co-worker, etc the friends is always hot and wants to join in and the the couple is always willing to share?

Also, those boss - secretary movies - it doesn't work that way in most offices - most places would frown on that - sexual harassment and all.... just saying!

When you turn off the lights in the bedroom when it's time to go to sleep everything in the room becomes visible with a strange new light that has a bluish tint.  It's brighter than when the lamp was on.  I can't get it to work this way in my house.  

Nothing can stop one's hair and make-up from looking perfect. This includes a swim in a pool, sex on the beach or a nights sleep. 

Guys can't tell if a woman with glasses and a ponytail is hot. 
What if she's also wearing a frumpy sweater or a flannel shirt?  What then, smart guy?  No one would possibly be able to figure out that she's got a perfect body.  Much better off hitting on the obnoxious catty girl who snaps her gum.

What if she's also wearing a frumpy sweater or a flannel shirt?  What then, smart guy?  No one would possibly be able to figure out that she's got a perfect body.  Much better off hitting on the obnoxious catty girl who snaps her gum.
There's also the general rule that if she has blonde hair, she is super hot and super popular. despite having the most obnoxious personality imaginable. If she is a non-latina brunette, the thought of kissing her is borderline gross and she only has 1 friend. Despite having big beautiful eyes, great cheekbones, full lips, being built like a SI swimsuit model, being Ivy League level super smart and funny. 

Users who are viewing this thread