What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things that hardly ever happen in real life, but happen all the time in movies (2 Viewers)

why is it that when a couple is u,m, interrupted, by a friend, co-worker, etc the friends is always hot and wants to join in and the the couple is always willing to share?

Also, those boss - secretary movies - it doesn't work that way in most offices - most places would frown on that - sexual harassment and all.... just saying!
Was that wrong?  Should I not have done that?  I tell you I got plead ignorance on this thing.  If anyone would have said anything to me at all when I first started here that sort of thing was frowned upon...….I tell you I have worked in a lot of offices and people do that all the time.

Apparently if you arrive home and find your door ajar, you are supposed to walk around the house with the lights still off to check if anyone is there.

Watching a movie last night reminded me of this thread.  

How often in movies and tv is the DA or even the Judge on a case out there investigating the case?

Watching a movie last night reminded me of this thread.  

How often in movies and tv is the DA or even the Judge on a case out there investigating the case?
How many people get dragged out of “retirement” because there is a dearth of SMEs in that one speciality they need to crack the case?

Also, it’s amazing how often the movie FBI has to hire ex-cons to explain to them how bank robbers, bomb makers, computer hackers, safe crackers & serial killer operate.

Last edited by a moderator:
A scientist knowing everything about everything in Sci Fi movies. "Oh yea, that plant is X species, and use this physics equation to bend time and space, and then I analyzed this virus to find a cure". 

Also related, one last chance at finding a cure or solution to a problem, frustrated scientist throws the vial across the room where it lands in some other thing and suddenly turns purple. Hurray, the plague is cured!

Period pieces where every villager is impeccably dressed, sparkling clean with perfectly quaffed hair and meticulously trimmed beards, no mud, no flies, everyone in excellent health and in good physical condition/shape. Every store is full to the brink with whatever supplies are needed.  Every bar is packed and has extremely good looking dancing girls/fallen doves and has great singers and musicians.

Every town is bustling with energy with far more people then dozen or so buildings in the town could hold and the people are milling about on the street rather than going about their normal business. 

If you're running away from a bad guy on a crowded street, be patient. A fruit cart will be pushed out from an alley behind you to thwart your pursuer.

If you just keep stalking a woman that you are in love with, eventually she will ditch the much more successful and better looking guy for you, works best if you object in the middle of their wedding. 
Related - If a guy and a girl absolutely hate each others guts, they will eventually fall in love.  Has anyone ever observed this in real life?

It somehow never rains when outdoor plans are made unless having it rain would add to the hilarity/plot of the movie as opposed to just ruining everything;

There is always a jovial small town carnival where the booth workers look happy to be there. 

You can walk through the middle of a blazing house fire and be assured of not burning up nor succumbing to smoke inhalation.

You know what I never see in movies, but happens in real life?  When you throw up and accidentally crap your pants.

If you’re driving 90 mph straight at another car also driving 90 mph, you’ll have the timing and wherewithal to swerve out of harm’s way at the very last second.

The first prime suspect (that everyone knows did it) in a murder is never the guy that did it and it usually turns out to be one of the first "innocent bystanders" that the detectives interview.

ETA:   Corollary to the above:  The "obviously" guilty person is always just being framed as part of some elaborate set up job.

Probably been covered already but never needing to reload  :rolleyes:

Gally said:
The first prime suspect (that everyone knows did it) in a murder is never the guy that did it and it usually turns out to be one of the first "innocent bystanders" that the detectives interview.
The Scooby-Doo cartoons were clearly the pioneer here.  

If you guys have ever seen Law and Order, you'd know that if you were ever approached by detectives about information you may have about a rape or murder or some other heinous crime, that you're not supposed to stop working, and act like this situation happens on an almost daily basis.  

beer 30 said:
Probably been covered already but never needing to reload  :rolleyes:
What I don't think has been mentioned is that when people get shot dead, they die right away

...unless they have key information to share, then they hang on enough for that (or for emotional goodbyes).  

What I don't think has been mentioned is that when people get shot dead, they die right away

...unless they have key information to share, then they hang on enough for that (or for emotional goodbyes).  
Or when they need to still take out the bad guy at the finish,  as in Leon vs Gary Oldman.

Despite the all the awful luck guys in red shirts seem to have on certain tv shows,  in real life I've never witnessed someone die just because they were wearing a red shirt.

It’s a cinch to grab someone, no matter how heavy or strong, by their arm to as they are about to fall off a cliff or tall building. No concern about slipping away or pulling you down with him/her.

It’s a cinch to grab someone, no matter how heavy or strong, by their arm to as they are about to fall off a cliff or tall building. No concern about slipping away or pulling you down with him/her.
My only exception would be if your name was Roy Batty.

A scientist knowing everything about everything in Sci Fi movies. "Oh yea, that plant is X species, and use this physics equation to bend time and space, and then I analyzed this virus to find a cure". 

Also related, one last chance at finding a cure or solution to a problem, frustrated scientist throws the vial across the room where it lands in some other thing and suddenly turns purple. Hurray, the plague is cured!
Or the related: The scientist has to go on dangerous mission to get rare ingredient needed for the vaccine and somehow know how to fly, drive, or operate sophisticated machinery

Users who are viewing this thread