What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things that hardly ever happen in real life, but happen all the time in movies (2 Viewers)

Somebody gets shot in the shoulder or leg and they just wince like it bruised the skin and keep on going. 

A guy falls off a tall building and lands on a parked car or awning and after laying there and groaning for a bit, gets up and walks away.

Last edited by a moderator:
People from North America travel to a foreign country and everybody there (no matter how small or remote the place is) willingly and fluently speaks English.

I love the original Matrix but damn that movie for creating the "punch through brick walls, crash through cinder block walls, etc." effect.  It totally made sense in the Matrix, they're in a dream world, it's not real, etc. But then now, a normal dude gets into a fight and he and the bad guy are smashing through brick and mortar walls like they're Kool-Aid from the 70's, it's just dumb and played out.  Jumping off skyscrapers/airplanes w/out a parachute, landing on an awning/car w/out getting hurt is dumb too. I know it's a movie, I know you're supposed to suspend your disbelief for a couple of hours but come on man.

In a foot chase through traffic where one of the actors get hit by a car roll over the hood and the asphalt then resume the chase as if nothing happened.

Used to be a staple in old sitcoms. Severe blow to head causes no injury other than amnesia. Followed up at end of show with 2nd severe blow to head which cures the amnesia.

Jumping out of planes without a parachute & surviving - Keanu Reeves in Point Break, Arnold in Eraser. Or how about Pierce Bronson driving a motorcycle off a cliff to jump into a plane about to crash. Free jumping is a lot easier than I thought apparently.
Add Bond in Moonraker to the list. 

Body swapping. 

And having such a crippling large boner that you can’t stand up from your desk without everyone noticing. 

Animals talking like humans. Might not be that uncommon but some of them talk with foreign accents.  That's crazy.  

1. A lawyer asking a blatantly objectionable , borderline unethical and sanctionable question, then merely saying “withdrawn” and giving a shoulder shrug upon objection. Maybe this is more tv. 
Been catching up on Law and Order: SVU and this happens a couple of times an episode.  

People are knocked out cold with one punch/hit over the head with lamp/slip down the stairs
And conversely, if I hit you with a golf club, baseball bat or any other blunt object, you arent getting back up and kicking my ###. 

Luckily for the protagonist, the 80 guys shooting at him are all dues paying members of the Stormtroopers Hunt Club & Rifle Range.

ETA: triple Honda

:lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread