What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things you know are going to happen in the next 2-3 months (1 Viewer)

The sun will not explode. I mean, there's a chance of course. But its still young, astronomically speaking, so the chance is just infinitesimally small. Therefore, I feel comfortable with the prediction.

The sun will not explode. I mean, there's a chance of course. But its still young, astronomically speaking, so the chance is just infinitesimally small. Therefore, I feel comfortable with the prediction.
The best thing is that if it does explode, none of us will have time to tell you that you were wrong.

Clearly you guys are amateurs. Real psychics do not "think" about what will happen. The visions just come to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have some strange people in this country. Some years ago, somebody convinced themselves to go stand in line for days to get a discount on a product that there's no real urgency for. And then convinced themselves further that the experience of waiting for days was entertaining and rewarding in itself.

We have some strange people in this country. Some years ago, somebody convinced themselves to go stand in line for days to get a discount on a product that there's no real urgency for. And then convinced themselves further that the experience of waiting for days was entertaining and rewarding in itself.
Some of the older higher ups in corporate America must laugh themselves to tears at the behavior of the masses for their products on black friday

I like to think of those people as pawns. Let them go help the economy "at all costs" while I sit home in the warmth of my house while watching football with family.

The holiday season is here whether you are ready or not. I am always stunned how the news will run the same type of stories and people are fascinated by them. I thought we could go ahead and post the news now and then see what shakes out. This is sort of like the death pool thread on another site where you simply post up the potential news story and then when it happens you can just come in and tell us that you told us so.

So here a re a few of mine...

#1-Black Friday Chaos: Inevitably there will be a bunch of people camping out for Black Friday and when they get inside they really start to show themselves. Forget the fact some of these people camp out for a week because they are unemployed and living with mom n dad, now they run thru the store and really show themselves by getting into trouble. Either some poor old woman is trampled, some poor kid has a toy ripped from his hands, a weapon will be brandished, police will be called in, store video footage will capture it all and send it out to the World to show the true meaning of Christmas here in America.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2013/11/29/walmart-on-pr-offensive-as-thanksgiving-fights-go-public-with-protests-scheduled-for-black-friday/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFqUdToBGc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_adgG8Ba2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWVV__VWw7Q&feature=youtu.be

:bowtie: :grad: :bowtie:

The holiday season is here whether you are ready or not. I am always stunned how the news will run the same type of stories and people are fascinated by them. I thought we could go ahead and post the news now and then see what shakes out. This is sort of like the death pool thread on another site where you simply post up the potential news story and then when it happens you can just come in and tell us that you told us so.

#1-Black Friday Chaos: Inevitably there will be a bunch of people camping out for Black Friday and when they get inside they really start to show themselves. Forget the fact some of these people camp out for a week because they are unemployed and living with mom n dad, now they run thru the store and really show themselves by getting into trouble. Either some poor old woman is trampled, some poor kid has a toy ripped from his hands, a weapon will be brandished, police will be called in, store video footage will capture it all and send it out to the World to show the true meaning of Christmas here in America.

#2-Politicians frightening Americans: This goes on daily but with the January deadlines looming you can be sure Fox News will use the term "Christmas" religiously to try and inflict guilt on everyone. "It would be a great holiday season if the President would just give in to anything we want." And not just Fox news or the Conservatives, they all do it hence the term politicians.

#3-Someone famous will pass away close to the holidays: This happens almost every year, usually it is more than one person but someone really famous usually passes away in the holiday season.

#4-Fighting over Christmas: Whether it is someone wanted a Nativity scene and the opposing people are the Antichrist, some group is going to run into problems trying to do what they always have done.
3-Paul Walker died in a car accident over the weekend. Sad when this happens.

#2-Politicians frightening Americans: This goes on daily but with the January deadlines looming you can be sure Fox News will use the term "Christmas" religiously to try and inflict guilt on everyone. "It would be a great holiday season if the President would just give in to anything we want." And not just Fox news or the Conservatives, they all do it hence the term politicians.

#3-Someone famous will pass away close to the holidays: This happens almost every year, usually it is more than one person but someone really famous usually passes away in the holiday season.

#4-Fighting over Christmas: Whether it is someone wanted a Nativity scene and the opposing people are the Antichrist, some group is going to run into problems trying to do what they always have done.
Congratulations Nostraobviousness. Going out on a limb with your predictions. Surprised tough predictions that a college football upset will occur or someone will say something dumb on Twitter didn't make your uncanny list.

Congratulations Nostraobviousness. Going out on a limb with your predictions.
:lmao:

How does MOP do it???

I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE KINDA FAMOUS DIED IN NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2013/11/29/walmart-on-pr-offensive-as-thanksgiving-fights-go-public-with-protests-scheduled-for-black-friday/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFqUdToBGc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_adgG8Ba2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWVV__VWw7Q&feature=youtu.be

:bowtie: :grad: :bowtie:
Who doesn't go Black Friday shopping without their taser gun?

2:30am in a Philly suburb mall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=96TdhKM6wCE

Congratulations Nostraobviousness. Going out on a limb with your predictions.
:lmao:

How does MOP do it???

I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE KINDA FAMOUS DIED IN NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER!
I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME FAT BROADS "SHOWED THEMSELVES ON BLACK FRIDAY" FIGHTING OVER SOME CRAPASS RACHEL RAY COOKWARE. NEVER WOULDA GUESSED PEOPLE WOULD FIGHT ON BLACK FRIDAY.THANK YOU MOP

Guess MOP's next prediction:

- Otis will eat something high in calories.

- The Broncos won't go winless the remainder of the season.

- A grandmother will give out sweaters for Christmas. Kids will hate them.

The best thing is that if it does explode, none of us will have time to tell you that you were wrong.
Incorrect. We'd have a good eight minutes to post a bunch of stuff in the FFA...giving Conservatives time to post about 30 posts blaming it on Obama. :coffee:

This prediction business does not always turn out the way you expect. I wanted to read about Ramsses II for no reason last July and only ended up watching a Breaking Bad episode named "Ozymandias" a few months later.

Last edited by a moderator:
datonn said:
Incorrect. We'd have a good eight minutes to post a bunch of stuff in the FFA...giving Conservatives time to post about 30 posts blaming it on Obama. :coffee:
And Obama will point to Bush's failed policies.

datonn said:
The radiation from the blast would be here at the same time we'd see it. So no, we'd have no time whatsoever unless you've developed faster than light communication.

datonn said:
The radiation from the blast would be here at the same time we'd see it. So no, we'd have no time whatsoever unless you've developed faster than light communication.
Um...it takes eight minutes for us to see the light from the Sun?! :shrug:

datonn said:
And?

^ Question: When there's a major event on the Sun (i.e. a mass coronal ejection), how are astronomers and various news agencies able to alert us to the potential for disruptions to satellite communications, the electrical grid, et al ahead of time? How can/should we have any warning of any solar events...if we cannot see they are coming without physically seeing them with our eyes? I'm guessing they're not warlocks or Beelzebub...but maybe you or dparker713 could answer that for me/us. Might help answer your "and?"

^ Question: When there's a major event on the Sun (i.e. a mass coronal ejection), how are astronomers and various news agencies able to alert us to the potential for disruptions to satellite communications, the electrical grid, et al ahead of time? How can/should we have any warning of any solar events...if we cannot see they are coming without physically seeing them with our eyes? I'm guessing they're not warlocks or Beelzebub...but maybe you or dparker713 could answer that for me/us. Might help answer your "and?"
Because not everything travels at the speed of light.

A Coronal Mass Ejection is, literally, an ejection of mass. That is, there are actual particles with actual weight being shot toward the earth. They travel at about 500km/s. Objects that have mass cannot travel at the speed of light. So we can see the ejection eight minutes after it happens, and then watch it as it comes toward us at 500km/s since the light from them is coming at us at 300,000km/s. The actual particles with mass are slower than the light, so when there's an incident on the sun we usually have some warning. In the case of a CME, we have days.

If the sun were to actually explode, however, we would have no warning. By the time the light from the sun's explosion hit us, many other things would be arriving at the same time... all the things which travel at the speed of light. Including radiation, which would fry us. And the gravitational wave, which would wobble the entire planet and send it out of orbit screaming into the abyss of space.

But if the sun were to explode, there would be no warning of all of that stuff coming at us, because no information can travel faster than light. By the time the light from the explosion got to earth, in 8 minutes, no one would have time to log on here and complain about it because the radiation would arrive at the same time.

Because not everything travels at the speed of light.

A Coronal Mass Ejection is, literally, an ejection of mass. That is, there are actual particles with actual weight being shot toward the earth. They travel at about 500km/s. Objects that have mass cannot travel at the speed of light. So we can see the ejection eight minutes after it happens, and then watch it as it comes toward us at 500km/s since the light from them is coming at us at 300,000km/s. The actual particles with mass are slower than the light, so when there's an incident on the sun we usually have some warning. In the case of a CME, we have days.

If the sun were to actually explode, however, we would have no warning. By the time the light from the sun's explosion hit us, many other things would be arriving at the same time... all the things which travel at the speed of light. Including radiation, which would fry us. And the gravitational wave, which would wobble the entire planet and send it out of orbit screaming into the abyss of space.

But if the sun were to explode, there would be no warning of all of that stuff coming at us, because no information can travel faster than light. By the time the light from the explosion got to earth, in 8 minutes, no one would have time to log on here and complain about it because the radiation would arrive at the same time.
Excellent response! :thumbup:

I guess my assumption would be that if the Sun were about to explode, we'd know about it before the explosion occurred. Might have days, might have minutes, who knows. But then once the explosion occurs, folks would know it is occurring. Before we can see it occurring.

Not sure how we got WAY off-topic. Not that it matters...as the Sun isn't exploding for millions/billions of years, barring some unforeseen major celestial event. Blaming Obama for it though? I'm surprised that talk hasn't already started. As the Sun will die at some point in the future (along with Earth), and if it'll get 'em 50-100 more "we're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore!" votes in Appalachia, Obama will certainly be to blame. :)

According to scientists, the sun has fallen asleep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25743806
Dr Green says: "There is a very strong hint that the Sun is acting in the same way now as it did in the run-up to the Maunder Minimum."
We could be in for a period of Global Cooling. The sun's activity and effect on our environment may have a huge impact compared to what is attributed to man.

Are we facing a dangerous period of global cooling? That’s not a question that many have been asking. But reports that there has been a sharp reduction in sunspot activity raises that possibility. It has happened before. In his book Global Crisis: War, Climate Change & Catastrophe in the Seventeenth Century, historian Geoffrey Parker writes:

“The development of telescopes as astronomical instruments after 1609 enabled observers to track the number of sunspots with unprecedented accuracy. They noted a ‘maximum’ between 1612 and 1614, followed by a ‘minimum’ with virtually no spots in 1617 and 1618, and markedly weaker maxima in 1625-26 and 1637-9. And then, although astronomers around the world made observations on over 8,000 days between 1645 and 1715, they saw virtually no sunspots: The grand total of sunspots observed in those 70 years scarcely reached 100, fewer than currently [the book was published in 2013] appear in a single year. This striking evidence of absence suggests a reduction in solar energy received on earth.”

The result of the “Maunder Minimum” of sunspots was a so-called Little Ice Age, with significantly colder temperatures in the temperate zones, low crop yields to the point of famine and, Parker writes, “a greater frequency of severe weather events—such as flash floods, freak storms, prolonged drought and abnormal (as well as abnormally long) cold spells.”

And?
Someone on Mercury will call to tell us before it happens. Some FBGer will bump that post before we all die. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread