What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THIS IS THEIR BEST SONG! - Music Draft - Saturday Night's Alright for iFighting (1 Viewer)

Continuing with the diversity theme...

Patsy Cline - Sweet Dreams

So on the very short list of best pop female vocalist for me(Aretha, Ronstadt, and one yet to be named is my Tier 1)   Like a few of the artists I've already selected, my mother wore Patsy Cline out on vinyl.   I know every word to all of her hits...pretty sure I'm the only dude on the high school football team that even knew who she was, let alone knew the words.  I had her greatest hits in my CD book and that was always the "WTF" moment when somebody saw it.  It matters not.  She is an elite tier vocalist and one of the GOATs.

I chose this song because it highlights her vocal range and depth, but really there are several that could get a "best" vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing with the diversity theme...

Patsy Cline - Sweet Dreams

So on the very short list of best pop female vocalist for me(Aretha, Ronstadt, and one yet to be named is my Tier 1)   Like a few of the artists I've already selected, my mother wore Patsy Cline out on vinyl.   I know every word to all of her hits...pretty sure I'm the only dude on the high school football team that even knew who she was, let alone know the words.  I had her greatest hits in my CD book and that was always the "WTF" moment when somebody saw it.  It matters not.  She is an elite tier vocalist and one of the GOATs.

I chose this song because it highlights her vocal range and depth, but really there are several that could get a "best" vote.
Diversity meaning range of musical styles or years? 

Random fantasy Q to see what people here think. I’m in a friendly $50 league. I share the team with a friend. It’s ran by a guy he worked with for awhile. My friend has COVID this week. He meant to drop McNichols and we see this AM when the waiver claim processed that he dropped McLaurin. 

Should the commish fix this? Or should we be screwed?

Random fantasy Q to see what people here think. I’m in a friendly $50 league. I share the team with a friend. It’s ran by a guy he worked with for awhile. My friend has COVID this week. He meant to drop McNichols and we see this AM when the waiver claim processed that he dropped McLaurin. 

commissioner should fix - but you really need to take the keys away from buddy 

Hmmm.  Love the band, but Judith by a wide margin here.  
I won't argue with any preference for MJK music.

Funny thing is, being someome who gravitates to more "aggressive" music, I was actually kind of disappointed with Mer De Noms when it first dropped.....I guess I was expecting more Tool, or used Tool as the measuring stick or whatever.  Now, I find APC much more appealing, and can appreciate them for what they are.  And Mer De Noms is really a fantastic, beautifully done album.

I'm heading to do some yoga.  You'll be up just before the top of the hour if dickey moe doesn't show up before that.

Also, commish should fix.

Bigger question did someone do a welfare check on him yet?

I always strayed on the side of leniency but open the floor to reasonable objections.  You're in your right to cut him a break..

Fun before money!

9.14 - Major Lazer & DJ Snake - "Lean On (feat. MØ)"

I'm sure many of you out there were eyeing up your favorite Major Lazer songs; I'm sorry to have sniped you all.

Sarcasm aside, make no bones about it, this song is a ####### banger.  Oddly enough, apparently the song was offered to both Rihanna and Nicki Minaj (two artists I've already drafted), who both declined before MØ took it and absolutely killed it.

For a time, it was the most-played song on Spotify and even today, with 3.12 billion views, is currently the 23rd most viewed video on all of Youtube.

I'll be honest, I have no ####### idea who DJ Snake is

I'm guessing one of those non-instrument playing, non-singing "DJ"s with a large "snake" in his pants

...maybe he's one of those guys that lean into the mic every 30 seconds or so in the song and says "yeah" in a real heavy "street" tone?

Last edited by a moderator:
You've been up for over 45 minutes after dickey moe timed out...just making sure you know.

@Captain Cranksget ready for two (2) at the top of the hour (or earlier if 80s selects)
Yes, picking now. My wife just called (she drove out after work to visit her sister) and I felt it would have been rude to tell her to wait because I had to draft a song on the internet. 

Users who are viewing this thread