What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Ben Shapiro? (1 Viewer)

Institutions of higher leaning skew to the left?  Oh no…

Yeah, we're now reaping the results of that: race riots, looting, arson, censorship, antifa, cancel culture, wokeness, snowflake-level sensitivity, revisionist history, entitlement and a major rise in support for far-left ideologies.

If you still don't get it:  yeah, all of that is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we're now reaping the results of that: race riots, looting, arson, censorship, antifa, cancel culture, wokeness, snowflake-level sensitivity, revisionist history, entitlement and a major rise in support for far-left ideologies.

If you still don't get it:  yeah, all of that is bad.

Arson is because of college?  I wouldn't want to have to argue in favor of that claim.

I never got any arson training when I went to college. Must have been too long ago. Dang it.

That's weird.  They usually have a masters program at the Ivy League schools too.  It's required training for the modern day student.  You sure you graduated without it?  I mean, Indoctrination 101 should have covered it.

That's weird.  They usually have a masters program at the Ivy League schools too.  It's required training for the modern day student.  You sure you graduated without it?  I mean, Indoctrination 101 should have covered it.
I took indoctrination 101 but it was mostly focused on beer drinking and embracing the teachings of Mao. Must have been before they added arson to the curriculum.

I took indoctrination 101 but it was mostly focused on beer drinking and embracing the teachings of Mao. Must have been before they added arson to the curriculum.

Probably.  You might be able to find a local Community College that teaches it - just so you can stay up to date on the latest techniques!

parasaurolophus said:
Perhaps he means arson in the form of burning dumpsters, lighting federal buildings on fire, cop cars, frosties, and other various arson events during certain peaceful protests. 
Right. That's because of college?

Right. That's because of college?
I personally think he means the radicalization of students through the universities, which is what happens when kids decide to go abroad, and say, embrace Palestinian justice in the Middle East or something like that, which is exactly the path that the Molotov lawyers took on their way to becoming radicalized to the extent that they would throw firebombs at the police. 

Both specialized in the SJW path that universities and graduate schools (especially) are all too willing to let students go through and provide them with great incentive (credits, accolades, accreditation) while encouraging them through their own learning environment to do so. 

Perhaps that's what Shapiro was saying. If he'd be more nuanced about it, he'd have quite the point. The Rachel Corries of the world get that way through University, not in spite of it, that's for sure. I'd bet the arsonists are more college educated than their Proud Boys antithesis. That's not too hard a premise to envision, that's for sure. 

I mean Radical Chic and Mau Mauing the Flak Catchers, as Tom Wolfe wrote about in 1969-70, didn't just spring up out of nowhere. It's hardly the first-generation immigrants out there protesting, it's the landed gentry and the disenfranchised poor whipped up by -- wait for it -- college-educated and granted community organizers, and the landed gentry has just a large a role in the current milieu of protestations as those normally credited disenfranchised poor doing the actual moving, if not the whipping up. If BLM wasn't started by three queer-theory loving academicians than I don't know what other movement was. 

Hint: There is no other movement like that. The burning, looting, defacing, and takeovers came from an academic Marxist-Leninist inspired movement that preached "street theater" rather than normal recourse. 

You can bank on that like the gold standard, bromigo. 

Ben Shapiro can be summed up in the clip where he talks about global warming and then asks the crowd why everyone won't just move, which is brilliant until you think about it for two seconds. To where? And do they take their property losses? And what about the rise in ocean temperature and sickness therefrom? And sickness and bacteria in general in still habitable places? 

He's none too bright, and it shows. 

Users who are viewing this thread