What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Calijah Kancey? Trade offer. (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
16 team dynasty start 1-2 DT. DT “premium” league with DT getting 1 extra point for a solo tackle and 1 extra point for an asst tackle compared to DE. DT get 3 pts/solo tackle, 2 pts/asst. 4 pts per sack.

How does Kancey compare to Jalen Carter?

I was offered the following trade

Give
Dionte Johnson
Jalen Carter

Get
M Pittman
Kancey

My team is in all out rebuild after several successful seasons. I could also maybe get Dexter Lawrence instead of Kancey, or maybe a draft pick. I have these picks.

Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.06
Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.07
Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.11
Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.06
Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.07
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.06
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.07
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.10
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.14

Any thoughts are appreciated!

How many WR you start? What else you got there?
I never played in a league with this kind of DT upside, but productive DT easier to find than star WR
I would take Pittman and maybe grab B Murohy SEA a round ahead of ADP in your draft - i think he is going to be their chess piece going forward

With premium DT scoring, I'd prefer to keep Carter. He's the blue chip stud that was/is expected to be dominant (but "slid" to 9 for off-field) and all reports seem to agree he was great but faded later in the season (rookie wall).

I also agree that WR is so deep that improving there is easier than trying to improve to a likely top 5 DT. Looking long-term with the concern for potential coaching/team changes, I see only DT designation for a monster like Carter. Kancey, on the other hand, is much smaller and would be a risk to get a DE designation if he landed in a 4-3.

With premium DT scoring, I'd prefer to keep Carter. He's the blue chip stud that was/is expected to be dominant (but "slid" to 9 for off-field) and all reports seem to agree he was great but faded later in the season (rookie wall).

I also agree that WR is so deep that improving there is easier than trying to improve to a likely top 5 DT. Looking long-term with the concern for potential coaching/team changes, I see only DT designation for a monster like Carter. Kancey, on the other hand, is much smaller and would be a risk to get a DE designation if he landed in a 4-3.

What if I could get Lamb for Carter/Johnson?

What if I could get Lamb for Carter/Johnson?

That I would do. The only thing that I see keeping Lamb from perennial top 5 finishes over the next few years would be injury. He's also a few years younger than Dionte/Pittman so you're getting more longevity, too.

16 team dynasty start 1-2 DT. DT “premium” league with DT getting 1 extra point for a solo tackle and 1 extra point for an asst tackle compared to DE. DT get 3 pts/solo tackle, 2 pts/asst. 4 pts per sack.

How does Kancey compare to Jalen Carter?

I was offered the following trade

Give
Dionte Johnson
Jalen Carter

Get
M Pittman
Kancey

My team is in all out rebuild after several successful seasons. I could also maybe get Dexter Lawrence instead of Kancey, or maybe a draft pick. I have these picks.

Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.06
Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.07
Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.11
Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.06
Year 2024 Draft Pick 2.07
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.06
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.07
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.10
Year 2024 Draft Pick 3.14

Any thoughts are appreciated!
I do that deal, then take AD Mitchell at 1.11.

The difference in DT isn't enough to make up for the upgrade at WR.

I don't think there is a ton of difference for IDP purposes between Carter and Kancy. I think Kancy has more sack upside and Carter higher tackle floor but in the end for IDP scoring they will be very close.

This is a very even deal so I would go with the side of the WR you like best. I could be talked into either side at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread