What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Thursday Night Football*** (1 Viewer)

Who Wins

• Chicago Bears

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Redskins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeff Pasquino

Footballguy
A pseudo-playoff / elimination game between two 5-7 NFC teams.

Washington has been on an emotional roller-coaster, and the Bears are up and down as well.

Who wins and why?

I think this game will be low scoring and that Washington will win it by 7.

However, I think it would be better if it was a total shootout with both teams scoring over 35 points.

Considering that a lot of people won't be able to see it, this scenario would likely get the cable companies to quit screwing around.

However, I think it would be better if it was a total shootout with both teams scoring over 35 points.

Considering that a lot of people won't be able to see it, this scenario would likely get the cable companies to quit screwing around.
I don't understand your reasoning on this. Two 5-7 teams in a fairly meaningless game sin't going to make people smack their foreheads in despair whether it's high or low scoring.

I don't understand your reasoning on this. Two 5-7 teams in a fairly meaningless game sin't going to make people smack their foreheads in despair whether it's high or low scoring.
:kicksrock: The only thing that will get the cable companies or the NFL to change their stance is $$$.

I'm a big Skins fan, so maybe I have rose colored glasses. Offensively and Defensively, I think the both teams are mediocre at best. If the game was just offense vs. defense, I'd predict a 13-10 game (not sure who wins). But since special teams play, I give a huge edge to the Bears. I see Hester returning at least one kick for a touchdown. Maybe two. The Skins have been weak on kickoff coverage the past few weeks. So, since special teams give the Bears the edge, I predict a 20-10 or 20-13 victory for Chicago. :thumbup:

Skins DBs can cover the Bears WRs. Just gotta watch out for the TEs getting open.

Skins should be able to run the ball vs da Bears

Skins win this one

Peterson should get a lot of looks on the checkdown provided Wrecks can stay off his back.

Remember when the Redskins used to have a guy named Santana Moss? He was pretty good. I wonder what ever happened to him?

Skins blew lead on Sunday thanks to coaching gaffe. They buried a teammate in Florida on Monday. Their only practice this week has been a walkthrough.

Bears.

Skins blew lead on Sunday thanks to coaching gaffe. They buried a teammate in Florida on Monday. Their only practice this week has been a walkthrough.

Bears.
Not entirely true. Bills K made the first attempt, it was far from a given that he would've missed the second one.

Bears.
Not entirely true. Bills K made the first attempt, it was far from a given that he would've missed the second one.
I'm also not sure you can totally fault Gibbs for the 30 yard pass given up 2 plays earlier that put BUF in FG range.

Who Wins

Chicago Bears [ 52 ] ** [50.49%]

Washington Redskins [ 51 ] ** [49.51%]

Total Votes: 107

Wow. :wall:

That's a close one, for sure.

I've finally decided to go with the Redskins, just because of the Bears defense being terrible against both the run and pass statistically. Campbell is also playing well and I expect Cooley to dominate with SAM Hunter Hillenmayer at < 100%, if he even plays.

Washington by about 7 or 10 (and they don't kick to Hester).

Jeff Pasquino said:
Who WinsChicago Bears [ 52 ] ** [50.49%]Washington Redskins [ 51 ] ** [49.51%]Total Votes: 107Wow. :eek:That's a close one, for sure.I've finally decided to go with the Redskins, just because of the Bears defense being terrible against both the run and pass statistically. Campbell is also playing well and I expect Cooley to dominate with SAM Hunter Hillenmayer at < 100%, if he even plays.Washington by about 7 or 10 (and they don't kick to Hester).
Exactly what stats are you refering to?

Users who are viewing this thread