What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tight Ends for those who treat them like QBs and wait and then wait some more. (1 Viewer)

Went Albert O in the 10th. We'll see how he does but I'm ready to pivot if needed. Plenty of TEs below the big names to stream week to week until I find one.
It was my backup TE, but I also took Albert O (in the 14th of 15 rounds). I think he would have gone undrafted otherwise. I had wanted Kmet due to projected targets but he went about a round earlier. Of those sitting on the waiver wire, I have contemplated dropping AO for Hooper... again, not for talent but with an eye towards projected targets. But for now, I am holding on to Albert as the higher upside play with the lower floor.

I do have a question about AO (Broncos). I have seen several reports along the lines of "the Broncos sat all their starters".... and AO played... a lot. But the rookie TE has missed pre-season with a bad hammy. So if AO is not the starter, who is?

Not that it is the most comforting news to hear, but I am strongly thinking that in this case the coach is being a straight shooter when he says that there is nothing more to this than that AO simply needs more reps?

I do have a question about AO (Broncos). I have seen several reports along the lines of "the Broncos sat all their starters".... and AO played... a lot. But the rookie TE has missed pre-season with a bad hammy. So if AO is not the starter, who is?

Not that it is the most comforting news to hear, but I am strongly thinking that in this case the coach is being a straight shooter when he says that there is nothing more to this than that AO simply needs more reps?
I think it's one of those cases where one shouldn't take too much stock in what happens during the pre-season/coach speak.

I can't imagine Albert O won't be the starter over a rookie, who is promising but plays at a position that requires a good amount of experience. I think AO's projected stats may be a bit overblown by some, but I think he'll be the main guy at TE.

Last edited:

You have choice between having Albert O (6’5” 258) being your blocking TE or converted WR rookie TE Greg Dulcich (6’4” 245) - who ya picking?

No seriously, it was weird. They had 6 TEs dressed and they’ll probably keep 5 TE guys (Beck/Saubert/Tomlinson are blocking online guys or STers.)

This year I targeted:

Pitts in the 3rd (Got him 3 times, once in the 4th (10T) - Should be top 2-5 TE barring injury with TE1 in his range of outcomes)
Schultz in the 6th (Got him once - Should be top 3-8 TE barring injury - TE1 not really in the cards).

Absent them I went with:
Goedert (8.04) + Njoku (12.04) + Thomas 17.09 (12T $250 best ball

Last edited:
I just read a brief take by Ben Gretch on Albert O "playing into the 4th quarter" which syncs with my own thoughts - that the coach was shooting straight when he said that AO simply needed more reps.

The comment that was noteworthy to me was that many of AO's reps were with him splitting out wide. That combined with losing Tim Patrick keeps AO safely nestled on my bench for several weeks to see what his role will be.

I am not clear if I am allowed to post the link or not? If so, let me know and I will post it.

Austin hooper.

Last few years the Titans have used two different te's, one for early downs and one for late downs. This year Austin hooper has both roles.

His competition for targets are a 30 year old coming off an ACL tear and a group of young guys that don't look all that good.

He could lead the team in receiving this year and is free at the end of fantasy drafts.

If this is true and he picks up a few of the WR targets he could indeed have a healthy target share.

There's obviously other variables but the top-12 TE's last year broke down into 3 pretty clear tiers target wise:

Elite: 130+​
  • Kelce
  • Andrews
Excellent: 100-110​
  • Gesicki
  • Ertz
  • Pitts
  • Schultz
Good: 80-90​
  • Fant
  • Kittle
  • Kmet
  • Waller
  • Conklin
  • Hockenson
Conklin, Kmet, Waller, Hockenson all fell out of the Top12 for scoring but it seems reasonable that hitting one of these target tiers is a solid success factor for fantasy results.

TEN targeted TE's 107 times last year; the most going to Firsker with 43 (Swaim right behind at 40). If the above is true that he has locked up Firsker and Swaim's targets he is already sitting in decent company target wise. If he also siphons off 10-20 more targets from the lackluster WR core and a QB taking safe shots he could be looking at a workload only the top 6 guys are seeing.

Tons of ifs there though and clearly the passing volume, QB quality, new team status, YAC, etc., factors are wildly different with these players... but maybe it's a enough to separate him from some of the other late round lottery TE's?

I don't know anything about TEN's plans and haven't really followed their offseason; it'd be great to get @Bri take if he has one.

For the first time ever, I went early (reached) for tight end. I have always waited until the later rounds. This year I took Pitts (I had him ranked #2 behind Kelce who went at the 1.09) at the 3.02 (10-team league).
It will probably only last a week, but for a week at least it sure will feel nice not having to worry about which TE I will play this week. And during the draft, although I lost a good player I could have had in the 3rd, it was nice later in the draft to not have to have my eye on TE's.... should I take one now? Or now? Oh no! The last 3 that I had in that tier just went. Perhaps I should just wait until the end and flip a coin for the left overs?
just did my home draft. i normally wait like you. took pitts at 3.10. 12 teamer. :shrug:
Never again

Users who are viewing this thread