What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans Blowing Smoke? (1 Viewer)

R.White

Footballguy
April 19, 2006, 07:52

NCAA :: Titans :: QB

Titans May Have Rookie Start In 2006?

Terry McCormick, Nashville City Paper - [Full Article]

Two of the top rookie quarterbacks in the NFL Draft apparently left Baptist Sports Park with the impression that if they land in Tennessee, a starting opportunity might not be far behind. The agents for both QB Vince Young and QB Matt Leinart both indicated to The City Paper Tuesday that, if drafted by the Titans with the third overall pick, their clients could get the chance to play right away.

LINK

Are they pressuring McNair? Are they trying to prevent a holdout? Have they really given up on Volek?

A couple of quotes from article...

“The indications I got from them was that if they drafted Vince, they would like him to be ready to come in and be able start this year,” said agent Major Adams, who accompanied Young to Nashville last week.

Chuck Price, who is one of the representatives for Leinart, said his client left Nashville last Wednesday morning with a similar impression.

“I believe the impression Matt got from the Titans was that he could have a chance to come in and play right away,” Price said.

Titan homers, what do you think? Leinart knows Chow's system... :popcorn:

RW

Why is there no Love for Billy Volek? I know he has had injuries but he has seemed very capable when he has got a chance to play. If they draft ML I think that he would be able to start because of his knowledge of Chow's system, but VY has a much larger learning curve ahead of him and would not be a challange to start yet.

I think this might be a case where the line "I want to go somewhere where I can play and not hold a clip board"; might have been used and this is article is an offshoot of that.

Volek is attrocious, McNair should be gone.

This tells me they are going after Leinart, which should not be a surprise to anyone. Young, for all his talent, is not ready to start this year.

Unless of course the brain trust wants to draft Adrian Peterson next year.

Wouldnt that be something, the Sooner and the Longhorn together, working under a USC OC?

The only QB ready to start NOW is Leinart. He could come in and be adequate for a year or two before he has to make something happen.

While I love Vince, there is no way he would be able to start for and NFL team this year. I don't think he could handle the pressure of being expected to win, which with all the acquisitions that the Titans have made recently, he would be.

Doesn't every team hope that their 1st round draft pick can come right in and play barring injury?

Despite all of the rumored VY love, I think it is all a smokescreen to prevent someone trading up to #2 and taking Leinart. I think that is who the Titans really want. IF Leinart is gone, I think they try to trade down a little and get Cutler if they can get value in the trade.

April 19, 2006, 07:52

NCAA :: Titans :: QB

Titans May Have Rookie Start In 2006?

Terry McCormick, Nashville City Paper - [Full Article]

Two of the top rookie quarterbacks in the NFL Draft apparently left Baptist Sports Park with the impression that if they land in Tennessee, a starting opportunity might not be far behind. The agents for both QB Vince Young and QB Matt Leinart both indicated to The City Paper Tuesday that, if drafted by the Titans with the third overall pick, their clients could get the chance to play right away.

LINK

Are they pressuring McNair? Are they trying to prevent a holdout? Have they really given up on Volek?

A couple of quotes from article...

“The indications I got from them was that if they drafted Vince, they would like him to be ready to come in and be able start this year,” said agent Major Adams, who accompanied Young to Nashville last week.

Chuck Price, who is one of the representatives for Leinart, said his client left Nashville last Wednesday morning with a similar impression.

“I believe the impression Matt got from the Titans was that he could have a chance to come in and play right away,” Price said.

Titan homers, what do you think? Leinart knows Chow's system... :popcorn:

RW
Nothing but posturing from the Titans. Remember folks, this is the same team that sat McNair until he was ready, I can't imagine they feel they can go with a rookie.Tom

Nothing but posturing from the Titans. Remember folks, this is the same team that sat McNair until he was ready, I can't imagine they feel they can go with a rookie.

Tom
McNair was nowhere near as NFL ready coming out of college as Leinart is now.

Users who are viewing this thread