What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** TNF on Prime Video - Chicago at Washington (-6, 45) ** 8:15 Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Rivera is officially on the hot seat now.
Both his coordinators have the team completely unprepared at the beginning of almost every game.
Probably lets the players talk about it. What a dumb halftime comment. Why are you there if you do nothing? Except pick Emmanuel Forbes in round 1. The guy has given up about 450 yards in 2 weeks. And Jamin Davis in round 1 who can’t tackle or cover anyone. And chase young over Justin Hebert? I mean why would you want a qb or OL in the modern nfl 😂 Im not sure at this point what he does right other than speak a good company line. Dude is worthless as a coach. So many winnable games this team comes out totally flat w the same game plan as the week before. But he will win enough games for us to draft middle of the pack again. At least someone else will be doing it.

Last edited:
Rivera is officially on the hot seat now.
Both his coordinators have the team completely unprepared at the beginning of almost every game.
Probably lets the players talk about it. What a dumb halftime comment. Why are you there if you do nothing? Except pick Emmanuel Forbes in round 1. The guy has given up about 450 yards in 2 weeks. And Jamin Davis in round 1 who can’t tackle or cover anyone. And chase young over Justin Hebert? I mean why would you want a qb or OL in the modern nfl 😂 Im not sure at this point what he does right other than speak a good company line. Dude is worthless as a coach. So many winnable games this team comes out totally flat w the same game plan as the week before. But he will win enough games for us to draft middle of the pack again. At least someone else will be doing it.
To be fair, Chase Young over Justin Herbert was a very consensus opinion at the time. Herbert was considered a risky prospect, and many (not me) thought Chase Young was a better prospect than either Bosa.

That said, Davis was an awful pick at the time, and Forbes was probably gonna go round 1, but wasn't a lock. He's obviously off to a terrible start. Still weird to me that they didn't go with local product Deonte Banks if they were set on CB.

With new ownership, I felt Rivera was playoffs or fired coming into the season. That hasn't changed.

Has a team ever put up 40 points with only 1 Wide Receiver catching a pass? That seems wild.

6 for Washington, 1 for Chicago.

230 yds and 3 TDs, at least 8 catches to boot

Moore is single handedly putting an end to teams that are undefeated out there
Long weekend but what a start

That's crazy, still can't believe Flipper Anderson had 330 receiving yards in one game.

Like, what does that even look like?
I remember watching that game. I think it was MNF.

Most amazing thing is that it wasn't like he had a few 90-yard TDs. There were a couple bombs, but mostly chunk plays down the field. His average ended up being around 22 YPR, and I bet his median YPR was pretty close to that number
I hear Theisman and Mike Patrick, might have been Sunday Night Football

Late to the thread - I turned it off at half-time. That game was 100% being out-coached and out-game planned. I've never pounded the drum to can Rivera - I've been firmly in the "consistency will pay off eventually" mindset, but that game was awful from a Commanders standpoint. It's time to strongly consider a change. Whether it's canning Rivera and/or Del Rio and promoting Bienemy or something else...Del Rio honestly would be my step #1. You have maybe the best DL in football, and your secondary is full of draft picks, and the BEARS drop 40 on you...and make it look effortless. In the 1st half, they got yards without even trying on the ground and via the air. It's not like Fields hit Moore because we were selling out with 8 in the box or anything.

So ugly. Changes need to be made after that one, because this year, especially on defense, I'm OK saying "the talent is there." So when you get blown out by the worst team in football last season (and this season prior to last night) you have to start looking beyond the players.

Late to the thread - I turned it off at half-time. That game was 100% being out-coached and out-game planned. I've never pounded the drum to can Rivera - I've been firmly in the "consistency will pay off eventually" mindset, but that game was awful from a Commanders standpoint. It's time to strongly consider a change. Whether it's canning Rivera and/or Del Rio and promoting Bienemy or something else...Del Rio honestly would be my step #1. You have maybe the best DL in football, and your secondary is full of draft picks, and the BEARS drop 40 on you...and make it look effortless. In the 1st half, they got yards without even trying on the ground and via the air. It's not like Fields hit Moore because we were selling out with 8 in the box or anything.

So ugly. Changes need to be made after that one, because this year, especially on defense, I'm OK saying "the talent is there." So when you get blown out by the worst team in football last season (and this season prior to last night) you have to start looking beyond the players.
Yeah, I can't believe Del Rio still has a job in the NFL.

That dude is cooked at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread