What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tomlin... (1 Viewer)

Jake22

Footballguy
...why this guy doesn't get more props is amazing. The job he has done with the Steeler CB's in two years is a great turnaround, the Steelers passing def was once dependant on pressure alone for the last few years, not anymore...doesn't seem like he gets credit from the media but I'm sure he would rather have it that way as long as they win games.

...why this guy doesn't get more props is amazing. The job he has done with the Steeler CB's in two years is a great turnaround, the Steelers passing def was once dependant on pressure alone for the last few years, not anymore...doesn't seem like he gets credit from the media but I'm sure he would rather have it that way as long as they win games.
the media was quick to say that Gruden won ( in Tampa) with Dungy's guys..I wonder if they'll say the same about Tomlin winning with Cowher's guys? hmm..

:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
the media was quick to say that Gruden won ( in Tampa) with Dungy's guys..I wonder if they'll say the same about Tomlin winning with Cowher's guys? hmm..

No.

It took Cowher 15 seasons to win with his guys so No.

Just yesterday I heard people on ESPN Radio saying that Tomlin came into a great situation with a SuperBowl winning QB.

That is why he is probably not getting his due.

I really like Tomlin... I still think he needs to learn some things but overall... I like him. Regardless of he inherited a great team or not.

Still think Arians is garbage.

:goodposting:
not sure thats a fair argumentthey lost porter, bettis, and faneca

thats alot to lose

Wasn't he a finalist for Coach of the Year? And didn't he justifiably lose it to someone who deserved it a whole lot more? I don't understand this perceived lack of respect.

Wasn't he a finalist for Coach of the Year? And didn't he justifiably lose it to someone who deserved it a whole lot more? I don't understand this perceived lack of respect.
If he was a finalist, he must not have been that bad...

:shrug:
Dungy never won with his guys in TB.

:shrug:
point being is it isn't solely about the players. :shrug:

I'm not a Steelers homer, so I don't really know the history of all their coaches, but have they ever hired a bad head coach?

Just seems like some franchises have a knack for finding coaching talent, whereas some can't find it even if it moves in and steals their daughter's innocence.

I'm not a Steelers homer, so I don't really know the history of all their coaches, but have they ever hired a bad head coach? Just seems like some franchises have a knack for finding coaching talent, whereas some can't find it even if it moves in and steals their daughter's innocence.
Well, since they've only had 3 coaches (Noll, Cowher, and now Tomlin) since 1969, you have to go back pretty far to find fault with a head coach of the Steelers.

I'm not a Steelers homer, so I don't really know the history of all their coaches, but have they ever hired a bad head coach? Just seems like some franchises have a knack for finding coaching talent, whereas some can't find it even if it moves in and steals their daughter's innocence.
Well, since they've only had 3 coaches (Noll, Cowher, and now Tomlin) since 1969, you have to go back pretty far to find fault with a head coach of the Steelers.
Those were the only three coaches I could come up with in my head, I guess that's the reason why. In this day and age of professional sports, that's an amazing stat. Especially considering Tomlin just started his reign.

Guy is a helluva coach...bottom line. Sure he had some help with personnel, but look at the Cowgirls and all of their talent.

:blackdot:
point being is it isn't solely about the players. :pickle:
Yeah it is, once Cowher finally got a capable QB he won the super bowl and took them to it with a mediocre QB Odonell.This is Cowhers team and will be for 2 more years, Tomlin is just running the show now.

I think **** LeBeau steals the show from him.
:thumbup: :rolleyes: :excited:
I was talking about the specific play of the CB's, which was a big weakness for the last few years. LeBeau hid alot of that weakness with relentless blitzing over the last few years...Tomlin has had a lot to do with the way the CB's have stepped up and he should also get credit for sticking with his guys on his offensive line when everyone else said they were garbage. This guy showed loyalty to his guys and gets that back in return from his team.It just doesn't seem like the media has given him the credit he deserves for how this team has played and Tomlin is a big reason for them making it this far.Yes there was talent when he arrived, but there were alot of holes to fill also and with the hardest schedule ever (pre-season, even in-season schedule was brutal) since they went to this format of scheduling, it doesn't seem that he gets enough credit through the media...as far as finalist for coach of the year I don't know about that, if he was then at least someone noticed the job he's done.

Users who are viewing this thread