What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tool - Lateralus and other albums (1 Viewer)

So let me ask this here.

How young is too young for a tool show? I can't recall seeing kids there back in the day but wasn't paying attention either.

I ask cause i had a big disagreement with my wife a couple years ago. I wanted to take (drag along) my 11 year old daughter to depeche mode 2 years ago. My wife assumed it was inappropriate. I told her she was being ridiculous. There are gonna be mainly old people dancing. Needless to say i won that discussion and my daughter went. Had a good time and then the following year they were around again and my son (9)  came as well. 

They each had fun meaning they got to eat popcorn and ice cream and didn't aak to leave halfway through. That's a victory for me.

In all seriousness it was a great memory for me and i know wherever they go in life and a depeche mode tune comes on, they will remeber that concert with me. Even my son who wasn't very engaged;  i walked into the living room the following week and i heard him lightly singing..."the grabbing hands, grab all they can...."

Put a huge smile on my face

Ok...anyway back to tool

I jokingly said to my wife that I'm taking the kids to see tool when the time comes. She of course said no way. The usual stereotype of...it's gonna be filled with freaks on drugs. I get tool is harder and stuff so i understand the notion that kids at a metal concert maybe not the best idea but having gone to see Tool even back in the day...the crowd was just...different. not your typical metal/rock concert. 

I'm telling my kids it may actually be a nice show, even in terms of the visuals etc...

So, now at what will probably be 14 and 11. Do you guys think that is too young for a tool show?
It's not like you're going to be in the pit. And they probably hear worse language at school. A tool show as a teenager will be remembered for a lifetime.

Debating whether to listen on Spotify at work, or wait to listen to the disc when I get home....

Can't wait to listen to this later. Trying to not let the negativity get to me. Apparently it's getting a lot of negative reviews on rateyourmusic because it sounds too much like Tool. What a weird world we live in...

Can't wait to listen to this later. Trying to not let the negativity get to me. Apparently it's getting a lot of negative reviews on rateyourmusic because it sounds too much like Tool. What a weird world we live in...
Their music always grows on me like a fungus.

Ignore the trolls.  First listen it's fantastic and will only get better.

Can you not buy CDs anymore?  Went into Best Buy looking for one and didn’t see a music section and I was too afraid to ask and look like an out of touch old man 

anyway listened to it through Prime, it’s good, will need to give it multiple listens to see what song really stands out

Mohegan is the easiest for me (CT), but Thursday makes it tough. May do Newark instead!

Last edited by a moderator:
If Danny Carey isn’t the best [metal] drummer in the last 20 years, I don’t know who is. 

Only on my 3rd listen through, and am blown away. 

The first 1:10 of “Pneuma” - followed by the bass line - and then the riff at 9:09 makes me want to touch myself. 

Finally getting a chance to just chill and listen to this on some headphones.  Pneuma was nice, Invincible is freaking great and 7empest.

Tickets on sale for the tour next Friday at 10am.  Hope I get some at the Q or whatever it's called now.

Can you not buy CDs anymore?  Went into Best Buy looking for one and didn’t see a music section and I was too afraid to ask and look like an out of touch old man 

anyway listened to it through Prime, it’s good, will need to give it multiple listens to see what song really stands out
Haha....I still buy cds and have a 5 disc changer.  Sounds way better than streaming.

check walmart or target or order on amazon.  although a little surprised best buy didn't have it.

still digesting this whole thing and haven't done a full controlled listen yet.  7empest is really nice and sounds like I really need to go back in dive in on Invincible.

i didn't see any reaction anywhere else, but the above-referenced comments about people complaining that it sounds like Tool kind of make sense to me in a way.  I think people just had insane expectations given the long hiatus and figured it would be something revolutionary.  If it came out in 2008, probably no one would be complaining.

still digesting this whole thing and haven't done a full controlled listen yet.  7empest is really nice and sounds like I really need to go back in dive in on Invincible.

i didn't see any reaction anywhere else, but the above-referenced comments about people complaining that it sounds like Tool kind of make sense to me in a way.  I think people just had insane expectations given the long hiatus and figured it would be something revolutionary.  If it came out in 2008, probably no one would be complaining.
Not really hearing anyone complaining unless I'm not looking in the right spots

Album sounds like recently discovered hidden tracks on a few old albums.

Being in NJ I have 4 shots at seeing them.

If i see them 1st in Newark, the 2nd or 3rd shows i may wait on StubHub til after the show starts and prices plummet. 

If i can get in and miss 1 or 2 songs and pay a fraction of the price, still well worth it.

The last concert i checked into they stopped selling at 8pm, then last week i happened to check a concert about 30min into it and prices were like 35 bucks.

Not sure if that will be an option.

Is it venue specific? Ir a stubhub thing?

Being in NJ I have 4 shots at seeing them.

If i see them 1st in Newark, the 2nd or 3rd shows i may wait on StubHub til after the show starts and prices plummet. 

If i can get in and miss 1 or 2 songs and pay a fraction of the price, still well worth it.

The last concert i checked into they stopped selling at 8pm, then last week i happened to check a concert about 30min into it and prices were like 35 bucks.

Not sure if that will be an option.

Is it venue specific? Ir a stubhub thing?
Nothing in Florida or Georgia.  They offering a glass of wine with Jimmy for the low low price of $500 this tour?  I may have to drive to the  North Carolina show.

Yeah that’s steep but I’ve never seen them live so I gotta pull the trigger even if I’m the nosebleeds
I grumbled to the wife about the tix prices.  She asked how much I thought tix for all the other concerts we went to were such as Radiohead (she usually gets the tix), and hinted this was on the low end for a big band, so that got me grumbling more.  

Users who are viewing this thread