What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 200 forward (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
I see that this is scheduled for tomorrow. I thought last week it was posted Tuesday? My favorite by far as I use before I offer trades

If previous weeks are an indicator, it's been available on MyFBG in the late afternoon each Tuesday. Combining the Top 200 list with MyFBG has been a tremendous tool to identify waiver targets.

If previous weeks are an indicator, it's been available on MyFBG in the late afternoon each Tuesday. Combining the Top 200 list with MyFBG has been a tremendous tool to identify waiver targets.
Agreed with this as well as the OP. The Top 200 tool is by far the thing I use the most, and usually to find waiver targets. But like the OP, I always reference the top 200 tool before offering trades. It is rare that I disagree with it.

That said, I think I agree that I remember seeing it last week in the myFBG late Tuesday last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just look at total points and rankings of positional guys. Hope it's out soon
Agree with this, it's best to see how the ranks are within a position, then use your personal preference to determine weight across positions. A little too much weight on RB for my likings, even in the PPR version, although week 8 doesn't seem as bad as it did weeks 1-7.

But I agree, one of my favorite tools, and i look forward to it every week.

Agree with this, it's best to see how the ranks are within a position, then use your personal preference to determine weight across positions. A little too much weight on RB for my likings, even in the PPR version, although week 8 doesn't seem as bad as it did weeks 1-7.

Yeah, I agree that there is a lot of weight put on RB's. That said, I'm sorta grateful for that when RB's are like gold, especially with all of the injuries and under performing players at running back this season.

One thing I've noticed is that at times, there is a wild swing of reactionary rankings when a player has one really good week. A player pretty far down in the rankings will skyrocket up, and those are usually the rankings that I'm not sure about. Sometimes they've proven right but others I'm not totally sure of.

Yeah, I agree that there is a lot of weight put on RB's. That said, I'm sorta grateful for that when RB's are like gold, especially with all of the injuries and under performing players at running back this season.

One thing I've noticed is that at times, there is a wild swing of reactionary rankings when a player has one really good week. A player pretty far down in the rankings will skyrocket up, and those are usually the rankings that I'm not sure about. Sometimes they've proven right but others I'm not totally sure of.
I've always said that this tool is fantastic, would like to see the weekly movement form one week to another (column that shows previous week's ranking / beginning of year ranking) ... heck even a green arrow going up or red arrow going down. Curious to see where Sproles will be.

That being said, kudos to Henry for regularly getting this out on Tuesdays. I know the work and lack off information he has to prepare this bad boy!

Keep it up!

I'd like to also give props to Henry's weekly effort. It provides a good reference to help me figure out trades and a final check about which players I should be dropping for WW flavors of the week. It helps me to determine if there are WW gems I might have overlooked myself.

The top 200 forward (and to a lesser extent, Dodds' weekly player rankings) is the main reason I've paid for my subscription each year. The 8000 other things FBG publishes each season is just gravy. Honorable mention goes to Bloom's weekly Rent a Defense article, though, snagging the KC defense early this season made it a bit unnecessary for me, but that article really helped me last season.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm interested in seeing if Henry drops Colston and Sproles appropriately this week. I feel like all fantasy sites have been overrating them each and every week.

I know you can look at IDP stats under the top 200, but is it actually updated for IDP? It seemed to be "off" a bit on the IDP side back in the day.

Pietaster2 said:
On a completely unrelated note, I'm interested in seeing if Henry drops Colston and Sproles appropriately this week. I feel like all fantasy sites have been overrating them each and every week.
What do you think about Sproles' ranking at RB11? Seems a bit high still to me.

Pietaster2 said:
Awful

Pietaster2 said:
Awful
its shows sproles RB8 for ppr, overall ranked higher than guys like Dez Bryant, Welker, J. Graham. Says he has more trade values than those guys, no way, not in any league in im, not even close

Pietaster2 said:
Awful
its shows sproles RB8 for ppr, overall ranked higher than guys like Dez Bryant, Welker, J. Graham. Says he has more trade values than those guys, no way, not in any league in im, not even close
Those are last week's numbers. I just opened it up and, for week 9 forward, it shows Sproles at:

Standard scoring: RB23, 57th overall.

PPR scoring: RB11, 24th overall.

Vick at qb 7? Really? How could anyone be this confident in him? With all his injury concerns I think he is borderline droppable.

Vick at qb 7? Really? How could anyone be this confident in him? With all his injury concerns I think he is borderline droppable.
Top 200 for me shows Vick at QB25 for my league's scoring. Maybe yours still shows Week 8?

That said, for PPR, I'm surprised Adrian Peterson is still hanging at RB3.

Like everyone has noted you have to adjust it or week 9 off of week 8 and it will update still don't see sproles that high I think Coach has a different game plan this year and save for 2 big games sproles would be bottom of the barrel rb

Users who are viewing this thread